It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you find a wallet full of $,would you leave it there?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A wallet full of money that you find it on the street.

Your first reaction will be,

Leave it there.

Take it.

Pass along,and don't look back.

Try to return it to the owner.

Go to the police.

So,what it be?

You good citizen....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Look inside for identification, get a phone book, look up the person, and call them. If I didn't get an answer within 24 hours, I'd go drop it off at the police station.

I wouldn't touch anything inside of it as I wouldn't want someone to do that to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I did find a wallet in a shopping cart in the parking lot of the grocery store. I picked it up and took it inside and gave it to a cop who happened to be in there and he turned it over to the store.

I would ALWAYS take it and try to return it to the owner or someone who I trusted to do so.

Is there any question, really?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
Look inside for identification, get a phone book, look up the person, and call them. If I didn't get an answer within 24 hours, I'd go drop it off at the police station.

I wouldn't touch anything inside of it as I wouldn't want someone to do that to me.
That's what I call an attitude.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I did find a wallet in a shopping cart in the parking lot of the grocery store. I picked it up and took it inside and gave it to a cop who happened to be in there and he turned it over to the store.

I would ALWAYS take it and try to return it to the owner or someone who I trusted to do so.

Is there any question, really?
A very healthy thinking!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It would depend on where I found it.

If it was inside a business establishment, I would take it to the management.

If it was alongside the street or in a parking lot, I would take it to the police.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

If it was alongside the street or in a parking lot, I would take it to the police.
I am glad,that you think before do something.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Same here. I have done this before! No one has the right to keep anothers possesions. I have returned wallets, jewelry, no matter what, someone is missing something, it is theirs and theirs alone! If you lost something, you would want it returned to you.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Depends how much money is in the wallet? These are hards times if someone is careless with there money then its a lesson they will learn.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I would definitely try to get it back to the owner. First I would look for any ID or contact info. Not sure I would turn it in if there was a way for me to personally find the person because it's hard to trust others to be honest about it.

Several years ago I found a purse on a table in the mall (that was near closing time and virtually empty so I couldn't assume the owner was near by) and turned it into the closest store. MINUTES later I saw a woman around the food court looking for something. I asked if she had lost her purse and she said yes. I let her know I JUST turned it in to the counter clerks at a store and walked her over there. What happened? The SAME EMPLOYEES denied every having a purse turned in!

So I could trust myself to be honest but not other people. I would try to hold onto it and get it back to the owner myself.

Several years ago I lost a bank envelope with my ID in it and $800. The married couple who found it were able to look me up, call me, and return it. I was very grateful since I was just a poor college student at the time. I would want someone else to get those good vibes, too.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I am glad,that you think before do something.
Well, I figure if I am in a place of business, the person that lost it may either still be there or may be a regular that the management may recognize. Otherwise, even if I found it in my front yard, I would go to the police, as there is a possibility that it may belong to someone that was a victim of a crime (obviously not robbery, but possibly beating, rape, kidnapping or murder), some victims have the foresight to leave personal objects near to where they are abducted or attacked.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Depends how much money is in the wallet? These are hards times if someone is careless with there money then its a lesson they will learn.
Doesn't matter, how much money are there,the gesture is important!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That's why I am asking AshleyD,I am sure that there are still good people,now days,even if we are living through hard times,social education it's one of the most important parts of our life...Good for you!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Everytime i find a wallet,whether money is inside it or not,i always had it in to the police.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Oh i think its very important! We might not be feeling the effects of the soon to be economical collapse but when we do trust me no one is going to be looking for the owner of a gold watch. If today a man found a wallet with $100 in it would you judge him harshly for taking the money? If the responses i'vr seen from other posters are any thing to go by i would say people would. But what if you found out he has 2 starving babies too feed and and keep warm? Would it then be ok? If so how can we just change what is right and wrong like that?
edit on 10-12-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Oh i think its very important! We might not be feeling the effects of the soon to be economical collapse but when we do trust me no one is going to be looking for the owner of a gold watch. If today a man found a wallet with $100 in it would you judge him harshly for taking the money? If the responses i'vr seen from other posters are any thing to go by i would say people would. But what if you found out he has 2 starving babies too feed and and keep warm? Would then be ok? If so how can we just change what is right and wrong like that?
Doesn't matter if is 100 or 10,000 is the same thing,honesty matter.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Everytime i find a wallet,whether money is inside it or not,i always had it in to the police.
How many did you find until now?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I read an interesting post in another thread yesterday. I won't tell you which thread or who wrote it. The author's position was that proper morality is whatever that ensures the survival of the human race.

I have seen other posts claiming that inequality of wealth is the world's biggest problem and could endanger human survival.

I know that many people don't have a wallet with lots of money it.

You see the conclusion?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I read an interesting post in another thread yesterday. I won't tell you which thread or who wrote it. The author's position was that proper morality is whatever that ensures the survival of the human race.

I have seen other posts claiming that inequality of wealth is the world's biggest problem and could endanger human survival.

I know that many people don't have a wallet with lots of money it.

You see the conclusion?
Sorry ,could you explain please?I didn't understood!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If I found a wallet full of money (cash) in it, I'd have to question what year it is. Most people I know don't even carry cash anymore. It's all plastic.

To answer the question though, I would keep it and make every effort to find the owner myself. I'd post flyers at gas stations and the post office. I might even post something on Craigs List as well. Turning it over to anyone else who is in a position of authority doesn't mean much to me because they're people just like you and me and are prone to dishonesty when it comes to money.

At least I know I'M honest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join