It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Eclipse Saturday Morning - Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Lunar Eclipse WIll Supersize Blood-Red Moon

A total lunar eclipse will occur early Saturday morning, Dec.10, casting the moon into shadow and making it appear bright red and supersized.

In North America, skywatchers located in western Canada and the United States should have a great view of the eclipse, which will start at around 7:45 a.m. EST (4:45 a.m. PST, 1245 GMT), when the Earth's shadow begins to creep across the lunar disk.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I'm watching it now and plan to get pics throughout the morning. Happy viewing!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

All I have to say is:
I HATE CLOUDS!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We out for my morning coffee and saw the moon and thought, "what the..." looks so unusual.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Aw that's too bad! I wish I had a decent camera... I don't. My video camera is picking it up somewhat, so I will post that when it's all over.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Looking forward to some great pics guys. The last lunar eclipse here in Scotland (that I knew of) was obscured by clouds (as usual). Same with the supermoon in March. The sky last night was clear enough to see the full moon in all it's beautiful glory but that's just sods law for me. I have quite a few Facebook friends who love the pics I nick from here to post there and I'll be happy to add yours to my collection (hope that's ok).

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Thank you BH!!!! I didn't know about this and I got some cool pics, plus I woke the kids up because they love this sort of thing! They thank you too! S n F's and I wish I could give you applause!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I swear this is our second one (in the UK) in the past couple of months.

I think you can actually see the Earth's shadow being taken up by a part of the moon slowly in Asia...well I know in India they are at the mo.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I got a little video, but it's nothing to brag about... At all... I just don't have the equipment to photograph something like this. I'll see how it turns out.

I never did see a "red moon" but I saw it mostly obscured and it was orange-like.
The moon has sunk below my view now, so I won't see the completed project. But it was cool to watch.
I hope to see some good pics on the Internet.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It rained the whole day here in Manila. Hence, all I see is clouds. No lunar eclipse for me.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Found a great little clip explaining how it works in simple terms. Good luck with the photos people!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Watch it LIVE from Hawaii.

Starting at 8 a.m. EST, viewers can check out the above webcast to watch the last total lunar eclipse until 2014. The main event will start at 9:05 a.m. EST and last almost an hour.

edit on 12/10/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thank you for the heads up!

I live in Hawaii and due to your post was able to see the event perfectly. I snapped some photos with my iPhone however felt that they would be crappy (Love the phone hate the camera), so I ran to get my digital camera, tripped over an ottoman ran back out and found that the battery on the camera was dead. So much for the preparedness side of me. As I have been reading this site for years but never a member, I know about the no-pics no-proof side of things and If pressed, I can post the pictures from the iPhone. I doubt however, anyone really cares and if they do, well... please get a life.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
im watching it right now and it looks orang beautiful looking moon eclipse

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Already watched it here in Sydney......stunning

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Got up at 5:30 but was just too sleepy, I did see a bit of darkness or the beginning I guess, but went back to bed and missed the rest! Will have to watch it from your link with the kids... makes me feel like a slouch...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Morning everyone. This isn't the greatest picture but I managed to get a few from Las Vegas this morning.

The eclipse started at the very top and worked its way to the bottom.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I got a few video shots. Not great, but not bad...
The first half is taken from in the house and then I went outside.

Lunar Eclipse
edit on 12/10/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I went to watch your video but get an error.
"There was a problem playing your video.
I/O error when loading URL over HTTP - Error #2032"

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I had a great view of the eclipse. Heavy rain cleared an hour or so before totality.

This is the third I've seen. Two things always impress me about the phenomenon.
1) The ability to see so many stars so close to a full Moon.
2) The Moon seems to look more like a 3D ball than the disk we usually see.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks Benevolent!

I saw it perfectly in Baja!

Same as Phage I'm amazed by the perfect perfect circle it is!!
Just beautyful!!

Happy

top topics

join