It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROME 2.0 (this time on steroids)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
They say if you do not learn from history, it's bound to repeat itself.

Today Many governments throughout the world Especially here is the United States and our sister states of Europe, have a system similar to that of Rome (not exactly but the foundation is the same).

The system consisted of a governing body of men who represented the people. So if their system was so great, that we wish to copy that system in most of our States (countries) then why did the system fail and the entire empire collapse?

Well here are a few reasons why the Roman Empire Fell, see if you find anything that might be similar to what's happening today in our grand systems.

roman-colosseum.info

Reason why the Roman Empire fell - Antagonism between the Senate and the Emperor The Roman Emperor had the legal power to rule Rome’s religious, civil and military affairs with the Senate acting as an advisory body. The emperor had power over life and death. As in the old sayings "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" and ""Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it". The powerful, wealthy Roman Emperors inevitably became corrupt and many lived a debauched and immoral lifestyle. The Roman Empire saw divisions between the Senate and the Emperors. Either the Senate didn't like the Emperor or the Emperors was at odds with the Senate.

Reason why the Roman Empire fell - Political Corruption and the Praetorian Guard The power of the Praetorian Guard, the elite bodyguards of the emperor, led to political corruption and grew to such an extent that this massive troop of soldiers decided on whether an emperor should be disposed of and who should become the new emperor! The story of Sejanus, who was the commander of the Praetorian Guard during the reign of Tiberius, illustrates the extent of their power. At one point the Praetorian Guard sold at auction the throne of the world to the highest bidder.

Reason why the Roman Empire fell - Constant Wars and Heavy Military Spending Constant warfare required heavy military spending. The Roman army became over-stretched. The barbarians, who had been conquered, and other foreign mercenaries were allowed to join the Roman army.

Reason why the Roman Empire fell - Failing Economy The Government was constantly threatened by bankruptcy. The cost of defending the Empire, the failing economics, heavy taxation and high inflation was another reason why the Roman Empire fell. The majority of the inhabitants of the Roman Empire failed to share in the incredible prosperity of Rome. The flow of gold to the orient to pay for luxury goods led to a shortage of gold to put in Roman coins. Roman currency was devalued to such an extent that a system of bartering returned to one of the greatest civilisations the world had ever known.

Reason why the Roman Empire fell - Unemployment of the Working Classes (The Plebs) Cheap slave labor in turn resulted in the unemployment of the the people of Rome who became dependent on hand-outs from the state. The Romans attempted a policy of unrestricted trade but this led to working class Romans being unable to compete with foreign trade. The government were therefore forced to subsidize the working class Romans to make up the differences in prices. This resulted in thousands of Romans choosing just to live on the subsides sacrificing their standard of living with an idle life of ease. The massive divide between the rich and the poor increased still further.

You will be able to see other similarities by checking out the link or doing the research yourself.

The reason the title says (this time on steroids) is because Rome existed for about 1000 years (Timeline. It took roughtly 200 to 500 years for the empire to fall completely and the corruption to wear down the society.

But with today's technology those hundreds of years can be shortened to just a few decades, or even years and months.

History Can and WILL repeat itself unless something is done.

The question is, if our "Empires" (European Union, United States) do fall, and we are split into separate regions and individual states, will they be strong enough to stand alone, or will it require many of them to team up with a larger to survive and be protected. Will we live in a dictatorship? Will we move to a one world government (which could not be done without a major war) with a singular ruler or parliament?

Lets hope we don't have to find out.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

What a good and informative post.
I just noticed the same problems and posted about it "Why would anyone want to be the next president of the USA?"

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Dont forget... A really big factor is that the water pipes were made of lead. All of those people were crazy from lead poisoning.

Oh yeah.. and Nero.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just a Quick Thought.

As much as we hate to admit it, the powers that be, are very well educated and informed, far more than we ever could be. This has been the case through out human history, and will remain the case, for the simple fact that they can afford resources no person and most countries wouldn't even have.

As such, they know the history of the great empires, and know the weakness's and strengths that made them up. They have been studying on this for years, and know how to bring down a mighty empire or keep it alive.

My theory (as is many of yours) is that they have been planning on bringing down the United States and European countries for decades, and now they are ready to act.

Note: both Europe and the US are begging for help by the residing banks that control and print their money.

In the US, this started with the creation of the fed and planting strategic people in our government or throwing money at them.

In Europe the same thing, but escalated with the creation on the Euro which gives a central bank (and those behind the bank) power to make or break any or all countries in Europe.

England, you're not immune, as you too have a corporate bank that runs your wealth and can make or break you.

Fact is the same people are behind all of these banks, and they are not stupid and know exactly what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yeah, it is easy to equate the US and ancient Rome in a number of aspects. But more to the point, I think the US would be like the 'New & Improved Rome - Now with House of Representatives and Bill of Rights!'

No matter. The globalists have all but gutted our nation and it will be further excoriated before the Constitution and Bill of Rights are decommissioned and replaced with a one world set of laws.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Dont forget... A really big factor is that the water pipes were made of lead. All of those people were crazy from lead poisoning.

Oh yeah.. and Nero.

Just like the fluoride and other chemicals in our own drinking water?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Yeah, it is easy to equate the US and ancient Rome in a number of aspects. But more to the point, I think the US would be like the 'New & Improved Rome - Now with House of Representatives and Bill of Rights!'

No matter. The globalists have all but gutted our nation and it will be further excoriated before the Constitution and Bill of Rights are decommissioned and replaced with a one world set of laws.

Was new and improved, until they slowly started changing that through legislation.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh yeah.. and Nero.

Todays counterpart is GM food and fluoride.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for the gladiator battles to begin......Rome 2.0.......Does kind of have a good ring to it.

....or maybe we're still in Rome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Just a Quick Thought.

As much as we hate to admit it, the powers that be, are very well educated and informed, far more than we ever could be. This has been the case through out human history, and will remain the case, for the simple fact that they can afford resources no person and most countries wouldn't even have.

As such, they know the history of the great empires, and know the weakness's and strengths that made them up. They have been studying on this for years, and know how to bring down a mighty empire or keep it alive.

I think your statements above are only partly true. You've obviously never known any one personally who's been extremely greedy. These people loose all their sensibilities and their education and common sense go down the drain when greed takes them over. This is the reason these people don't stop, even after they've been caught doing something illegal, thinking that they're smart enough (or rich enough) to get themselves out of it.

My theory (as is many of yours) is that they have been planning on bringing down the United States and European countries for decades, and now they are ready to act.

Note: both Europe and the US are begging for help by the residing banks that control and print their money.

In the US, this started with the creation of the fed and planting strategic people in our government or throwing money at them.

In Europe the same thing, but escalated with the creation on the Euro which gives a central bank (and those behind the bank) power to make or break any or all countries in Europe.

England, you're not immune, as you too have a corporate bank that runs your wealth and can make or break you.

Fact is the same people are behind all of these banks, and they are not stupid and know exactly what they are doing.

The truth is, these people only thought they could make their greedy ways work and it failed. I agree that they are currently on the road to a "planned demolition", but only because they finally figured out that they couldn't keep it up any longer and there was no way to fix it. I think we might see a "New World Order" as a possible solution, but it will fail too, because of the greed (and power issue). There is no escape for these people. They will ultimately fail and self destruct all over again. That's how greed works.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Great point.

Another option could be that they are finding that they grossly miscalculated the awareness we have, and the resolve of man in general.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I'm still waiting for the gladiator battles to begin......Rome 2.0.......Does kind of have a good ring to it.

....or maybe we're still in Rome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh yeah, Well I guess we are safe till then.

What is that, you say?
American Gladiators

Oh no, We're doomed!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Oh yeah.. and Nero.

So far, whatever floride that's been snuck into my water over the last 40 years, isnt doing what you think it's supposed to, I guess. Lead poisoning hardly compares with floride.

Give someone a regular glass of drinking water with floride.

Give someone a regular glass of water with lead.

Which do you think will affect you more?

In, what, 20 years, floride has given me ZERO issues that I'm aware of. By this time, lead would have killed me or made me terribly stupid and close to dementia and death. People would still be burning witches!

Hardly a side effect of Floride.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think these declines are planned by tptb. After they've taken all there is to tale from us and eliminated all competition, it no longer serves their interest to provide a governing infrastructure for us to enjoy the perks of. Problem is, they don't want to let anyone else do it either. So they will systematically take it down piece by piece as they suck up the last tiny bits of wealth and power. We will do much of the destruction ourselves out of anger, frustration, and desperation. They will simply make the adjustments as necessary and the orders will trickle down into actions that, by the time we see them, manifest as wars, layoffs, new legislation, police actions, economic downturn, depressions etc. After a while, they may get bored and decide to build up "another" empire and let the people build up some power and wealth just so they can take it back again.

But something tells me that this time, they have the technology we created for them so they will not need us anymore. At least, not in the capacity we previously enjoyed. People wonder what the DUMBs are for. It's not to save the Elites from a catastrophy. It's to "save" a bunch of us, from some cataclysm they will create on the surface. The underground network will serve as the perfect control matrix. Every corridor and door will be monitored and controlled. Every calorie of food will be tracked and distributed as desired by them.

Every piece of information, every scrap of paper, will be provided by them. After a few generations come and go, they will have complete control over knowledge, what we know as history and why we are down there and when we can come back up. Which will be never. It will be deemed "too dangerous" to go to the surface. The elites themselves will enjoy the surface privately. They will let nature reclaim much of the planet, keeping their specified areas maintained. We will all work down below, building and maintaining the very machine that keeps us imprisoned and gives them so many liberties.

There will be somewhat of a middle class. Scientists who do the detailed work such as giving the elites and slaves medical care, which will mean keeping elites alive forever while killing off the slaves as needed. Engineers who will keep the mechanized parts of society going smoothly and design new toys for the elites. This class of people who "know the secret" will be given vacations on the surface and will be well aware of how easily they could be killed or made a slave or prisoner if they utter one bit of the truth to the slaves, and how useless an attempt would be as every room down there will be bugged and every conversation recorded. Let alone the fact that the slave will not be in any position, intellectually or otherwise, to make use of any such information. They will be shown fake pictures of a blackened wasteland of a surface, and will actually fear the surface. The threat of being forced to the surface will be used to deter any rulebreaking. Some will be taken away and killed in a room somewhere and then incinerated or fed to the other slaves and the slaves will be told that he was forced to the surface and died a horrible death.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Oh yeah.. and Nero.

So far, whatever floride that's been snuck into my water over the last 40 years, isnt doing what you think it's supposed to, I guess. Lead poisoning hardly compares with floride.

Give someone a regular glass of drinking water with floride.

Give someone a regular glass of water with lead.

Which do you think will affect you more?

In, what, 20 years, floride has given me ZERO issues that I'm aware of. By this time, lead would have killed me or made me terribly stupid and close to dementia and death. People would still be burning witches!

Hardly a side effect of Floride.

lol, ok, I believe you.

Seriously, you were arguing with me over this? I know the dangers of lead, as does the rest of the community.

but nice way to hijack a thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I didnt know I was hijacking or arguing

ok, arguing because I was offering a diffrent point of view. I couldnt tell if your responce was sarcasm before of if you were serious. I offered up one of the problems with rome that the OP had not listed.

If it was sarcasm... what can I say. Touche'?

If you were serious, I simply made a valid responce towards what I saw as the diffrence.

But, if Hijacking a thread means to drop a valid observation and defend it if's it's indeed valid while being attacked.. .then yes. I guess I am.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Roman empire also fell partly because the money lenders contracted the money supply after making vast amounts of gold available to the Roman Senate.

The money supply was suddenly and very quickly and severely reduced, right after it had been massively increased, meaning that Rome couldn't pay their soldiers and had no money to make the other services of the empire run that people had become dependent on.

The collapse of Rome led to 800 years of the Dark Ages, before the Rennaisance lifted Europe out of poverty. 800 years through which there was no measurable progress in human development of any kind.

I wonder how long it will take to recover after the collapse of the American Empire?
edit on 11-12-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join