It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK storms starting to weird out anybody else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'm specifically referencing info that can be found here.

Is it just me or is the whole thing starting in a way that's really similar to the way that "The Day After Tomorrow" started?

I remember reading that the movie took some actual possible affects of global warming and significantly dramatized them. I'm not exactly expecting another Ice Age to happen in the next week, but it's certainly weirding me out.

Good luck to those in the UK. God's speed.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Na man, It's just a cold snap that's all.
Keep warm, don't go out unless you have to, keep an eye out for your elderly neighbours.

Everything will be fine.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It is winter time here.. maybe that has something to do with it..!?

right now in london... sunny, blue sky, a little on the chilly side... signs of ice age... none..

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Weather systems are becoming more extreme and tend to hang around far longer than they used to. Examples of this trend can be seen all over the world. All of this was predicted decades ago as a consequence of global warming.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

EDIT: Oops, Mr London, I meant to reply to Atzil321 here:

The predictions of anthropogenic global warming (AGW) were for more hurricanes and tropical storms, and that snow and freezing cold winters would become a thing of the past. Only in the last couple of years have we seen cold weather and winter storms being blamed on warming. But this idea that volatility, from warming, will produce regional cold and snow trends, is totally disconnected from the 'science' that had not, in any way whatsoever predicted colder winters for anywhere on the globe. The closest thing to that idea was the understanding that warmer conditions could bring more winter storms to places that were usually colder and calmer.

It seems that even key news editors and climate scientists are foggy on the diff between An Inconvenient Truth and The Day After Tomorrow, and have taken the completely speculative leap of accounting for cold with warming, which did not exist in any of the AGW theories, models, and predictions. So, it's understandable that people didn't notice the switcharoo there.

Cheers,
cheri
edit on 10-12-2011 by chericher because: replied to wrong post

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Well I think there is a far simpler answer.. the UKs Office for Budget Responsibility has made it clear that some severe weather in the run up to Christmas would mess up the data so much that it would stop the UK falling into a double dip recession
(at least for now)

The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) said that a bout of severe weather before the end of year could skew economic activity in such a way that Britain does not experience two quarters of negative growth.

Read more at: www.telegraph.co.uk...

*my tin foil hat moment for the day would be who they asked to provide the severe weather*

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

*my tin foil hat moment for the day would be who they asked to provide the severe weather*

I must say on a day like today you may want to have an insulated Tin foil hat.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

Complete with chin straps

Now that would be a scary sight out walking the dog

Thanks for the laugh

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What you should be worried about, is not that UK has snow (It has been so cold in 1682 that the Thames froze!).

It is that my Camillia bush flowered last month and 13 ducklings hatched early this month.

Means something is wrong with the Sun.

Book of Enoch anyone?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

There is nothing wrong with the sun. There is something wrong with the planet due to the fact we are overdosing it with huge amounts of C02 it has no way to cope with.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
well the thought crosses my mind a couple of times, that someone took out japan with tsunami and now they're taking out the uk with a hurricane. Killing off the g8 one by one...

To be honest though that does sound a little too paranoid for my beliefs though so I'm discounting it as a likelihood at the moment.

top topics

join