It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scene is Now Set - Just Waiting for the Franz Ferdinand Type Incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Large scale war is now inevitable, it is just a case of when it will start, and here is why.

Eurozone teetering on edge of collapse
Iran Tensions
Russia on verge of civil war
China on verge of war with Taiwan
North and South Korea tensions increase
Argentina blockading shipping lanes in UK soverign Faulklands
Syria in civil war
Bahrain on verge of civil war
USA on verge of second financial collapse
USA building up troops in pacific zone in reply to china
The EU very close to civil war and it has already started in Italy and Greece.
UK co-allition on verge of collapse due to VETO used in EU Treaty
Isreal bombarding gaza
Isreal ready to strike Iran
Iranian nuclear programme

The scene is set and I believe the two likeliest causes for all out war will be either when the Eurozone collapses or when the troops start getting heavy handed in Russia and the Putin dictatorship takes hold. Not a good outlook.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
And 2/3 of this started with one really mad fruit seller. The difference one person can make, eh??

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Show me the proof of civil war in Italy and Greece.
The EU is not close to a civil war.

ETA:
The EU cannot have a civil war as the EU is not one state.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That's a protest.
Do you know what a civil war is?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

When the authorities start using violence against it's own people then it is Civil War and if that isn't enough for your definition, just wait a few weeks until the Euro collapses and the whole continent descends into chaos.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'm in Europe and everything looks fine here.

Again...before shouting civil war read your own sources, protests.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

That is because you probably are not in Athens or Rome and the currency has not collapsed yet. But it will do and then god help you because there will be chaos.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I'm in Spain.
We're used to chaos, don't worry, everything will turn out fine.
Thank's for your concern.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Eurozone teetering on edge of collapse
Iran Tensions
Russia on verge of civil war
China on verge of war with Taiwan
North and South Korea tensions increase
Argentina blockading shipping lanes in UK soverign Faulklands
Syria in civil war
Bahrain on verge of civil war
USA on verge of second financial collapse
USA building up troops in pacific zone in reply to china
UK co-allition on verge of collapse due to VETO used in EU Treaty
Isreal bombarding gaza
Isreal ready to strike Iran
Iranian nuclear programme

Interesting parallel but things aren't exactly as you offer.

China and Taiwan at odds, yes. But not on any verge of open conflict. This isn't to say that it isn't an eventuality but... not just yet, anyway.

Russia is seeing some internal stress but certainly far less than, say, that which led to the Bolshevik Revolution.

North and South Korea are at almost a constant state of crisis with only rare, intermittent periods of slightly less crisis.

The Faulklands issue (Argentina & UK) is one that is ongoing. This isn't likely to change until Argentina gets its way and I don't see Britain rolling over on demand anytime real soon.

The US and China is relevant but again, not immediately. China still needs a high capacity blue water navy capable of fending off the US fleet. It's coming but is still maybe a half dozen years away from being fully ready.

Israel and the Palestinians is a problem that dates to the Jewish revolt in the first century AD that eventually led to the creation of Palestine by the Romans out of what was once Israel/Judea. It isn't going to go away because of global political trends and popular belief.

Israel may indeed be ready to strike Iran but Iran is sporting for a war as well. This is one place where the powder keg could go off because there are two nations who will not budge. This is one cup that shall not likely pass.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I also live in Europe, and everything is not OK. The goverments are making un-democratic decisions and forcing these down our throats whether we like it or not. It is time to get in the streets soon!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rougeskut

The goverments are making un-democratic decisions and forcing these down our throats whether we like it or not.

And when have they made democratic ones?
What part of Europe you in because if you're in say Greece, what does this have to do with me?
Take to your own government.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rougeskut

I think that the people of europe will soon start demonstrating against the autocrats of the european parliment. I will be one of those people when the day eventually comes.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Your country is in almost as much financial mess. Your bond interest rate is fast approaching the 7% mark of which is the point of no return. You may choose to be ignorant to the problems on the horizion, that does not mean they do not exist.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I think that the people of europe will soon start demonstrating against the autocrats of the european parliment. I will be one of those people when the day eventually comes.

You're a bit late then.
We did and we do.
We had massive protests in Barcelona. This is not the first time either.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You said everything was fine where you are, yet you were out on the streets protesting against your government. I find it hard to take your opinion seriously given your blatent contradiction of yourself.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I said everything was fine concerning civil war.
Get your facts right first.
There's no civil war here, there's no civil war in Italy, there's no civil war in Greece.

Protests happen all the time.

There's one happening right now in Andalucia where people haven't been paid for over 5 months.
Did you know about that protest? Nope.

They happen all the time and they should, but from a protest and civil unrest to a revolution or civil war is a massive step.

You're not using the terminology as you should.

That's sensationalism.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I think in terms of Greece and Italy it would be fair to call it Civil War. The governments are making decisions against the peoples will and are using violent tactics to disperse demonstrations gainst their decisions. I have not seen much coverage about Spain I admit but the fact there has already been mass civil unrest in the UK too and all this is before the currency collapses or the UK moves away from the Union.

What I am saying is given the circumstances in the world currently that it will only take one little spark to create a mass infenal raging fire. I think it is you indeed that has missed the point.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

When the authorities start using violence against it's own people then it is Civil War and if that isn't enough for your definition, just wait a few weeks until the Euro collapses and the whole continent descends into chaos.

Nah... That doesnt define a civil war.

Wiki Definition:

James Fearon, a scholar of civil wars at Stanford University, defines a civil war as "a violent conflict within a country fought by organized groups that aim to take power at the center or in a region, or to change government policies".[1] Ann Hironaka further specifies that one side of a civil war is the state.[3] The intensity at which a civil disturbance becomes a civil war is contested by academics. Some political scientists define a civil war as having more than 1000 casualties,[1] while others further specify that at least 100 must come from each side.[5] The Correlates of War, a dataset widely used by scholars of conflict, classifies civil wars as having over 1000 war-related casualties per year of conflict. This rate is a small fraction of the millions killed in the Second Sudanese Civil War and Cambodian Civil War, for example, but excludes several highly publicized conflicts, such as The Troubles of Northern Ireland and the struggle of the African National Congress in Apartheid-era South Africa.[3]

Based on the 1000 casualties per year criterion, there were 213 civil wars from 1816 to 1997, 104 of which occurred from 1944 to 1997.[3] If one uses the less-stringent 1000 casualties total criterion, there were over 90 civil wars between 1945 and 2007, with 20 ongoing civil wars as of 2007.[1]

Further definitions

The Geneva Conventions do not specifically define the term "civil war". They do, however, describe the criteria for acts qualifying as "armed conflict not of an international character", which includes civil wars. Among the conditions listed are four requirements:[6][7]

The party in revolt must be in possession of a part of the national territory.
The insurgent civil authority must exercise de facto authority over the population within the determinate portion of the national territory.
The insurgents must have some amount of recognition as a belligerent.
The legal Government is "obliged to have recourse to the regular military forces against insurgents organized as military."

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

We are arguing symantics here, the point being the circumstances are ready for the catylist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join