It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

that comment made me go outside to take a look,
but i couldnt see anything but the usual looking moon,
shame that..damn cold it is thou,

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by RumET

Wow, England must have angered some deities real bad

Or angered the controllers of HAARP perhaps?

ALS

Saying that.

Didnt the prime minister of the UK just piss off all the EU leaders yesterday,

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I live on the east coast of N. Ireland (the most easterly point actually) and those isobars for tuesday the 13th are practically terrifying from where Im sitting. Normally Id take these sorts of posts with a pinch of salt but having followed your Scotlan storm thread and seeing how acurate you were Im getting fairly ready for this...and its on my birthday too

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

I'm afraid the best i can do for resolution is here.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
if i phone the bbc weather center and say that I heard that this could be the storm of storms they can we could have a Michael fish incident for the new generation. Dan corbett is the perfect candidate!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by RumET

Im a noob to charts and pressure and such and wind speeds.

But what type of damage are we talking?

I work for the NHS in child health, so my job is vital. With these wind speeds would it be safe for me to get to work>

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Ok off topic slightly but on still on the weather subject. My Facebook has exploded with pics of the moon with a huge circle around it, apparently due to ice crystals in the air. Is this true? I'm in SE England also this is a sign or apparent bad weather approaching

Its funny you should mention that, i was just reading on another forum about someone seeing something called a Mackerel Sky. Never heard of it personally but supposedly it means there will be a drastic change in weather that is caused by high level wind increases (or similar).

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme

reply to post by RumET

Im a noob to charts and pressure and such and wind speeds.

But what type of damage are we talking?

I work for the NHS in child health, so my job is vital. With these wind speeds would it be safe for me to get to work>

I think you need to judge your own circumstances nearer the time from professionals via the MetO. I think following any advice from government officials would be the best thing to do

edit on 10/12/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Nice thread! But "oh no, prepare!" What do people mean by "prepare!11" ? We have brick houses here, and people who choose to go driving in hurrendous weather do so at their own risk. But they said the same thing about a storm (which never came) a couple of years ago. And the graphs are still a week early, plenty of time for change. A CAPE animation may say there should be a thunderstorm overheard but it's not always the case. I enjoyed reading the information and such but, well, a storm is just a storm here in the UK. People don't "prepare" besides having a few nightlights & a torch in case the power goes out, and our houses aren't made of polystyrene or wood so strong winds are not going to do much

It's actually about time we had some weather down South. It's been lame and sunny, dry and not windy ALL year

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The telegraph reporting on this. Also the first word (I have seen) from the Met about thursday and fridays storms.

A Met Office forecaster explained that successive bands of low pressure were going to hit Britain from the west. The weather at the end of the week could be even worse than the severe gales and heavy rain expected on Monday.

He said: “It is going to be a very unsettled week. It looks like there is going to be a similar – or slightly more severe – repeat of Monday’s heavy rains and gales from Thursday, continuing into Friday.”

Winds of up to 80mph were expected to ease by Wednesday, but even this lull was likely to be uncomfortable.

The forecaster said: “When the wind and rain stops, the temperatures are likely to drop, perhaps touching freezing.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

ALS

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles
hi op first off s and f for your excellent post . secondly you say that the south coast of england will be hit by the storm on thursday/friday. do you have any ideas if it will affect the channel islands?

Its extremely difficult to pin point specific areas that will be badly effected at this range. It would be wise for you to follow the thread and any MetO updates as the week progresses. They will be able to provide further details on your area.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Nice thread! But "oh no, prepare!" What do people mean by "prepare!11" ? We have brick houses here, and people who choose to go driving in hurrendous weather do so at their own risk. But they said the same thing about a storm (which never came) a couple of years ago. And the graphs are still a week early, plenty of time for change. A CAPE animation may say there should be a thunderstorm overheard but it's not always the case. I enjoyed reading the information and such but, well, a storm is just a storm here in the UK. People don't "prepare" besides having a few nightlights & a torch in case the power goes out, and our houses aren't made of polystyrene or wood so strong winds are not going to do much

It's actually about time we had some weather down South. It's been lame and sunny, dry and not windy ALL year

Its not the bricks that will keep you safe. If you have a 1 minute sustained wind of 100+mph, your roof will struggle to stay in tact and if you happen to be out and about you will struggle to stay on your feet whilst dodging flying items.

You shouldnt wish for this because people will be hurt.

As a rule of thumb. A wind of 80mph is 8 times stronger on you than a wind of 60mph. Imagine a sporadic gust of 100mph...you wouldnt be standing
edit on 10/12/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

woo hoo possible white christmas. might not have a roof on the house but it would be pretty

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

many thanks for the info . i have already forwarded a warning to my lifeboat ops manager as a heads up. will keep watching this thread and meteo

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Good post!
The climate's going crazy anyway, seems the seasons are all mixed up.
Not that i havent seen extreme weather before, like sunbathing in December and deep snow in May,
both occuring in England i might add

Lets just hope that these are the exceptions and not the norm.........
Luckily i've got a good supply of firewood & whiskey!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

I haven't even brought a tree yet but come friday one might crash through my window, a few lights, a bit of tinsel. I'm sure it will look lovely!

Ahh I feel all christmassy!!

ALS

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Right you are

Never underestimate the wind!
Where i live it's very flat. Once i was on my bike on the way to work, when a freak gust of wind picked me up (bike and all) and dumped me in the middle of the road!
Freaked me out, that did

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Thanks again for another head up thread, last one was spot on, again we have lots of time to prepair thanks to your warnings,

I asked a question last time whether the would be snow involved in this storm, i noticed the date has changed, so i was just wondering whether there will be heavy snow fall in this storm, with such high winds snow in the mix could be very dangerous /added danger ?

S&F Bookmarked

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Are you actually joking me? I am from the UK. This isn't America, we don't have Ranches in fields with no surroundings. We don't see cows flying past our windows. We don't make big deals about the weather... UNLESS its snowing then it's meltdown. Our houses are made from bricks, not wood.

This is wind and rain, we are used to this. STAY INDOORS and you/we'll all be fiiiine! Stop making such a fuss about it!! It's bad weather, we'll survive! There isn't going to be an apocalyptic ending because the wind has picked up nor will anyone die as long as we take precautions. I can't see why the big fuss about all this!!

Countries have poor weather all the time!!! They deal with it and so will us citizens of Britain. It will come and it will go, this isn't the first storm AND IT CERTAINLY won't be the last. Embrace this weather because lets face it... its the norm here, we have rubbish weather. Just because it's mainstream doesnt mean its new... its not.

Get your Thermals on, stay indoors, watch from afar and just carry on. Go to work, see your friends, eat some junk because no one is going to die and we'll just pass this week like every other week.

P.S.... KUDOS FOR CAMERON ISOLATING US FROM THE EU!!! BEST NEWS EVER!!! Britain is Britain, the EU is the EU.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Kostas because: spelling

reg

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The MetO will refuse to call this a Hurricane because it didnt form over waters where the temperature of the sea was 26oC or above. This is a mid-latitude extratropical cyclone. Albeit a very deep one.

Will the models go lower? I sure as hell hope not...personally i dont think it will be 920mb's, i'd hazard a guess at about 940-960mb's, which is still very deep and dangerous.

Hey there. Thanks for the heads up, I'm in the west Yorkshire area, a little village bang in-between Barnsley and Wakefield to be precise.

Anyway I know sod all about the ins and outs of weather so do you mind answering or pointing me in the right direction about what exactly the letters 'mb' and the numbers before it mean please mate. Am I right in thinking the smaller the number the worse it is or is it the other way round?

Cheers then

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join