It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:
reg

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hey.

I live in West Yorkshire and though it's a little windy I've seen a lot worse, what happened to the hurricane type storm that was gonna hit us? I've had farts with more wind to them.

I know it's a little sad to admit this but I was kinda looking forward to experiencing a bit of extreme weather.

Oh well maybe it'll pick up within the next few hours, if not there's always Friday to look forward to. Kudos to the OP anyway

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am in glasgow strathclyde area, nothing more than a good bit of wind and rain. Nothing like last week.

Can i be expecting worse for thursday and friday still? I see the met office has removed there wind warnings now.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar
I am in glasgow strathclyde area, nothing more than a good bit of wind and rain. Nothing like last week.

Can i be expecting worse for thursday and friday still? I see the met office has removed there wind warnings now.

Sorry about that, had Chilli for dinner.

Just looks like a normal day down on the coast tbh. Even in the Summer.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
just been down the beach for a run with the husky-doo. it was a rabbit on a trampoline for sure. my best guesstimate for windspeed is approx 100mph on several blasts besides the continuous one at around 70mph.
husky-doo was running in front at an angle of 60 degrees and loving it. she managed the equivalent of two 90 degree rear-wheelspins and then found a stick to fight me for. thats ma girl! hailstone included.
btw south west coast cumbria.
f

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That wind is coooold. Must be coming from the Arctic? I am in Scotland and the wind must be hitting 80-90 MPH. It is making a strange, evil sound as well. Looks like we will be confined to home for a bit. Hope everyone else is keeping safe?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My friends,

The wind has picked up ten fold over the past few hours here, south Cumbria... Sedbergh to be exact. Most definatly the strongest wind this area has experienced this year.

In fact, it's that strong that a few " Small'ish " tree's have come down from around the area of my workplace lol.

Wood for the burner I suppose

I will keep updating if it gets any stronger,

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 13-12-2011 by Spiro because: Typo

edit on 13-12-2011 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i think it seems like we've been 'spoilt' by last thursdays weather
Northern Ireland missed most of it last week but its getting it pretty hard now, very hard to walk home along the shore from work about half an hour ago. Every time a gust stopped i was nearly falling over lol.
Anyway the news at 10 on the work radio (cool fm) said there's been a severe weather warning issued for the north coast of N Ireland with 80+ mph winds later tonight

No rain here though...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Will get proper chance to read last few pages tomorrow when I finally get back on a PC. Don't know if this has been mentioned but we broke a record for Ireland today ..... The biggest wave since records began was measured by the M4 maritime buoy off the coast from me here. It was recorded @ 1400 GMT. Just over 20 meters or 65 ft !! Now THAT'S A WAVE !!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by LostMan815
i think it seems like we've been 'spoilt' by last thursdays weather
Northern Ireland missed most of it last week but its getting it pretty hard now, very hard to walk home along the shore from work about half an hour ago. Every time a gust stopped i was nearly falling over lol.
Anyway the news at 10 on the work radio (cool fm) said there's been a severe weather warning issued for the north coast of N Ireland with 80+ mph winds later tonight

No rain here though...

Ballyhalbert eh? Just a stones throw from my home town Bangor

My mother told me a few hours ago that the wind has picked up greatly since around 8am this morning, thankfully she is more inland though.

Be safe and be well over there my friend,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Ha yeah luckily the winds blowing from the west, if it had been coming across the sea half the garden would be washed away by know. They're big enough as it is without help from the wind

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Carlise Cumbria

Very Very stormy, getting worse and worse,
raining heavily.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by rigel4
Carlise Cumbria

Very Very stormy, getting worse and worse,
raining heavily.

I'm right below you and the rain has just started to kick in here, and dam its COLD!

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What IS going on with the weather in the UK today, this is the weirdest day ive seen in ages. Heres a list of the weather phonomena ive seen today.

strong winds
sunshine
clear skies
snow
thunder
huge hailstones
lightening
heavy rain
what a day eh.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Bloody Cumbrians everywhere, can't turn your back for a minute!

Wind getting stronger here too, I have stuffed towels in every vent, and I am seriously considering taking the gas fire off and stuffing some up the chimney, too damn loud!!

Is carbon monoxide still deadly these days?? wibble!

Fun fun fun marras!

EDIT: And now it's just started absolutely pissing it down.
edit on 13/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow whats that Low Pressure out in the Atlantic doing there i have totally missed that one, when is that suppost to hit? shes an absolute beaut,

These LP are popping up everywhere don't think i have seen so many in such a short space,

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here's the Guardian article on the highest wave ever recorded off the coast of Ireland at a whopping 67 feet!

Apparently it has recorded the most intense storm conditions ever for that distance out from land

m.guardian.co.uk...

*Edit: sorry its the mobile version i think, I do all this stuff on my ipod touch lol
edit on 13/12/2011 by LostMan815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Wow whats that Low Pressure out in the Atlantic doing there i have totally missed that one, when is that suppost to hit? shes an absolute beaut,

Corrected your link.

www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images/eurir_sat_201112140000.jpg

For some reason when you're adding images "http://1.2.3.13/bmi/" is being added before the links and making them unavailable for everyone else.

I've run a search on Google for you of this code in all your links, most of it is geek speak that I can't make much sense of. 1.2.3.13 seems to be related to something called the "APNIC Debogon Project"

ipdb.at...

In future you need to remove the 1.2.3.13... from all of your links or the image won't show for anybody else
edit on 13-12-2011 by JessopJessopJessop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Corrected your link.

www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images/eurir_sat_201112140000.jpg

For some reason when you're adding images "http://1.2.3.13/bmi/" is being added before the links and making them unavailable for everyone else.

I've run a search on Google for you of this code in all your links, most of it is geek speak that I can't make much sense of. 1.2.3.13 seems to be related to something called the "APNIC Debogon Project"

ipdb.at...

In future you need to remove the 1.2.3.13... from all of your links or the image won't show for anybody else

Any ideas as to why that's popping up in front of my links?, says the IP is in Australia

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well I (again) am meant to be in the middle of all this, and again, nothing.
Bit windy. Some rain. there were 2 car crashes in England earlier, sadly a lorry driver died. (May he RIP)
Sadly there are crashed every day. And people die.

I think this thread will be like the one for Scotland. It will come to nothing thankfully.

Its good people are posing in-case, but as I said a bit back in this thread, its scaring people for no reason.
Here in the UK we have had bad weather, we get 4 seasons in 1 day here in Scotland most days.

Nothing happened. I was prepared. Thanks anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Latest from EDIS

Channel ferries were cancelled, roads closed and flood alerts were issued as gale force winds and torrential rain battered Britain yesterday. Gusts of up to 70mph were reported in the South West as storms lashed the south coast, leaving many homeowners without power due to fallen electricity lines. And forecasters warned that worse was on the way, with conditions set to continue until the end of the week and a fresh storm system due to bring even stronger winds this weekend. Homes had to be evacuated and trees were blown down around the country yesterday, damaging houses and causing road closures. And severe gale-force winds closed part of the Tamar Bridge - one of the main routes between Devon and Cornwall - with high-sided vehicles, caravans and motorcycles advised not to cross. The severe weather also resulted in the cancellation of Brittany Ferries services to and from France. A freight ship delivering essential supplies to the Isles of Scilly was unable to leave the English mainland. The Environment Agency issued flood alerts on a number of rivers in Devon including the River Dart from Buckfastleigh to Totnes, the River Torridge from Dolton to Bideford and the River Axe from Winsham to Axminster.

There were also reports of low-level flooding in Dartington, Devon, where a number of cars were reportedly abandoned. Western Power reported that 329 homes were left without power in the Brixton area of south Devon on Monday evening due to fallen power lines. Forecasters have predicted the stormy weather was likely to last until at least tomorrow. Chief forecaster Tim Hewson said: "There is some uncertainty in the forecast for later in the week, but there is potential for a significant storm and we are keeping a close eye on the situation as it develops. "We'll be regularly updating our forecasts and warnings, so we advise everyone to stay up to date with the latest situation." Heavy snow is also forecast for parts of Scotland, with drivers warned they could have a "difficult journey" in the evening rush hour. Up to 10cm may fall on high ground, with sleet falling at lower levels causing icy conditions on some roads. Northern parts of the central belt such as Glasgow, North Lanarkshire and Falkirk are likely to experience "significant impacts" from around 6pm, overnight into the morning rush hour, Transport Scotland said. And the Met Office upgraded its weather alert from yellow to amber this afternoon for heavy snow across some parts of the country.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join