It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm back
forgive me for not looking at the charts yet but I'm meant to be watching for shop lifters at the minute but will I get snow in Essex before Christmas lol

Also slightly off topic .. Does anyone think this could be start of a new ice age

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the warning,I am supposed to be driving from London to Wick (nearly the whole length of the uk) on Friday 16th to spend some time with my family and may have to reconsider this journey if the weather is going to be as bad as you think.
I got caught in blizzard conditions one year and swore I would never do it again. Scared the living daylights out of me

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JackieO

May be you should start the day before and be one of those 'storm chasers' heading in the opposite direction as it chases you up the M1! Just make sure you have a vid camera on the parcel shelf so you can catch all those 'UFO' sightings!

I don't envy you...be safe

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

That was an interesting article mel62, I hope you don't mind me quoting some of it.

Weather expert Tim Ballisty, a meteorologist at weather.com, said: “There are two main computer models that we use to forecast the weather and both are showing an intense area of low pressure that will swing in across the North Atlantic on Monday, last all day Tuesday and into Wednesday.”

Mr Ballisty described how the huge weather system will “stall out” over the UK and the forecasts show the area of low pressure, that brings severe winds and rain, will deepen and intensify across the whole of the UK and across to the west coast of France.

He explained: “What is interesting about this next storm is that the huge weather system that slammed into Scotland on Thursday was very constrained, its damage was limited to Scotland.

“However, next week’s storm looks likely to cover the whole of the UK, it is tremendously wide and has a much broader scope to it.

“The winds may not be nudging 150mph again but it will certainly produce the same destructive power as Thursday’s storm.”

Mr Ballisty said the forecasts showed the massive storm will arrive late on Monday with heavy rain across most parts of the country, followed by a very cold air mass, which will trigger sleet and snow.

The hurricane-force winds of at least 74mph will last through the whole of Tuesday and into Wednesday.

And Jonathan Powell of Positive Weather Solutions, who accurately warned of the huge scale of Thursday’s storm earlier in the week, said they also had picked up the aggressive new storm in the Atlantic.

He told the ClickGreen website: “This storm will affect the entire nation, Monday will be a complete wash-out and whereas Scotland took the last storm on the chin – this will hit the whole of the country square-on.”

www.thisisdevon.co.uk...

I think it's interesting how these meteorologists must have the data for friday too but are holding it back, like the met office does. Is there a policy in place that means the government don't want people warning until it's only a day or two before it happens?

Also interesting that these guys say it could cover the whole country not just one smal area.

edit on 10-12-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: ...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks for heads up, gonna get ready!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It just did not knock tiles off roofs, nor did it only blow down trees.

What was amusing.

Those wind turbines everyone is stating are the best in the world. Could not cope with the wind. One Burst into flames while the other two blew over.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom

What was amusing.

Those wind turbines everyone is stating are the best in the world. Could not cope with the wind. One Burst into flames while the other two blew over.

Now what's going on here??

here's the rest of it
"It just did not knock tiles off roofs, nor did it only blow down trees.

What was amusing.

Those wind turbines everyone is stating are the best in the world. Could not cope with the wind. One Burst into flames while the other two blew over."

Hmmmm....LauraUK on Page1 of this thread....care to explain?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I wish my comrades in the UK to safely endure the coming storms. As mentioned in the last storm thread, the first low pressure system that battered the United Kingdom is not depositing inches of snow over Russia, giving us a very nice and white Christmas, hooray! I'll be watching the synop charts on meteoblue for the next two though. I wonder if warmer Atlantic waters, or El Nina has the blame for three hurricanes in a row hitting those poor little islands.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Laurauk
Isnt that what you are exactly doing, fear mongering?

As I said before since I live in Scotland. We have been through worse before. And we will cope with it as we always do.

As regards to your other comment if Mcleod does not like my comment, he can type for himself. He does not need you to do it for him.

And who are you to tell any member which thread they can go to and not go to. Get of your high horse, you do not own this site.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

There is no, NO fear mongering going on in the OP. It's just a heads up for people to get prepared for a storm that's coming and by the sounds of it [ if you had read the OP] its going to be a bad one.

Now, how high is YOUR horse for jumping to conclusions and introducing fear mongering to this thread?

Be safe be well, love and loved....oh and be prepared

Spiro

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Laurauk
And for the record the wind turbines were not turned off.

Yes, they were.

Stuart told ClickGreen tonight the blades on the 100m-tall mast had been braked and were not turning as the ferocious winds swept across Scotland.

Scource

Be safe be well..... and don't forget to be prepared

Spiro

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

There is no doubt that the Scottish have endured similar storms more frequently, but the storm on the 16th is forecast to be worst in southern England. Those of you who remember 1987...it mighht be a bit of Deja Vu come Friday.

I pray it all crumbles to pieces and doesnt come to fruition...i really do!

I remember that storm, I was 6 years old, I remember not being able to open doors because the wind was so strong. I also remember them shutting with incredible force, drafts and all that. It was quite scary when I was 6.

I work outdoors, I am not looking forward to this.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

To play devil's advocate, they may be waiting to see how the storm pans out before raising the alert. Weather is very unpredictable. I agree though, there does seem to be a media blackout on this.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks for the info, after all the natural disasters around the world over the past few years ive been wondering when the UK was going to be hit, sounds like this could be it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Great Informative Thread. This is when I always say - why don't the Brits build basements into their houses like US and Canada. Here in NZ they're mostly wooden houses - no basements either but it's earthquakes we have to worry about mostly and I'd rather have wood on my head than bricks.lol
It's like the three little pigs nursery rhyme but it seems that protection for the people comes last and any damage caused is good for small business.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I wouldn't worry too much. It is Winter afterall

Besides which I have seen far worse stroms than the ones we have had over the last few years. Not only that but we also have more analytical technology to salivate over the facts and figures and of course the hightened awareness of mind nowadays.. it all adds to the intensity but its just cold wind, natural for this time of year..

Just wrap up warm and heat up that bottle of mulled wine

This is precisely why i have posted this thread. This is NOT the same and i doubt very much you will have seen a storm as bad as the potential storm for Friday 16th December.

If the storm projections fall true for Friday 16th December, it will put the Great storm of 1987 and the Burns Day Storm of 1990 to shame, which were the worst since 1703. The lowest pressure of the Great storm was 953mb and the higest winds recorded were 134mph. This Fridays storm is projected to have a central pressure lower by 8mb, which will most likely mean the wind will be stronger than 130mph (gusts).

This is comparable to a category 3 Hurricane..i can't emphasise that enough!

Still, it's just wind mate. So it knocks a few tiles of your rooftop, downs a few trees, shakes a few buildings..it's nothing to fear or worry about in my book.. each to their own though

"Only wind". I was almost killed just over 20 years ago when I was blown into the road, and no doubt if it is as bad as predicted people will die.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much. It is Winter afterall

Besides which I have seen far worse stroms than the ones we have had over the last few years. Not only that but we also have more analytical technology to salivate over the facts and figures and of course the hightened awareness of mind nowadays.. it all adds to the intensity but its just cold wind, natural for this time of year..

Just wrap up warm and heat up that bottle of mulled wine

Yeah its just cold wind

Tell that to the people who had there propertys destroyed or even the people that died in train crashes because of these winds or people who had trees fallen on there car with them inside

We have never experienced wind like that before in scotland in a long time i dunno if it was even a record or what

A freak act of nature... not just some "normal winter wind"

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OK, i'll buy it, i'm in the midlands UK, what do I do? How exactly can I prepare or prevent the storm from damaging my roof?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
OK, i'll buy it, i'm in the midlands UK, what do I do? How exactly can I prepare or prevent the storm from damaging my roof?

If it becomes a cat 3 hurricane you won´t need to worry about your roof, you won´t have one.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok

Originally posted by sinthia

If it becomes a cat 3 hurricane you won´t need to worry about your roof, you won´t have one.

Ooooh, that's a bit harsh!....Sorry but I had to laugh too...it's that Brit humour again!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I will see you all next week!! Cant wait to see on the news, the 5 falling trees, the 8 lorrys overturn on the motorway! and the thousands of school shut for a few days!!Maybe Brits should try to live in Alaska in the winter for a few months! Or in florida during the Hurricane season! In the Alps when the temperature fall to minus 30 in the morning and YOU got to go to work and YOUR kid GOT to go to school!! Come on Brits,Get a grip!! I've said it before, you live in northern Europe and should be ready for some winter storms!! (And ATS is a conspiracy site,not a weather forum)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join