It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Any footage of any trampolines flying past your window will you post them please thank you very much

But other than that stay safe!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

its mild with patchy cloud and sunny spells here in lancs =) no sign of any harsh weather hoooorrahhh

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Looking very dark over Milton Keynes now, and it's just started to rain quite heavy.
Is there a free download i can get to watch storms develop.
Oh....thanks for the heads up OP

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's blowing a gale here in Ayrshire at the moment. I'd say it is equal to Hurricane Bawbag, and it's just starting. I think Bawbag didn't have a straight westerly, so it was different in a way. Either way, it'll be interesting to see it out. It's roaring right in off the coast.

It was incredibly windy on the M77 about an hour ago, so I'd avoid overtaking high sided vehicles.

Ooooooooo... There goes a Tesco flag....... Yay!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

its mild with patchy cloud and sunny spells here in lancs =) no sign of any harsh weather hoooorrahhh

We have some heavy snow showers coming in from the west

Originally posted by andypb
Looking very dark over Milton Keynes now, and it's just started to rain quite heavy.

I'm on the other side of it, its a wall of darkness, coming in fast to,

Watch on here
www.raintoday.co.uk...

Just hit.... Absolutely battering it down, the leading edge to that was intense, sleet... not snow this time

edit on 13-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

not yet but ive got my eagle eyes on next doors trampoline haha!

this is pretty wild here tbh! almost as bad as last week!

Should make for an interesting albeit powerless evening

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andypb

Not really anything that will give you real time viewing of the storm. There are plenty of sites around that can provide you with current or very recent information. Some links are below:

Satellite View
Precipitation Radar
Multi Use Radar/Sat Images Site

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks for that OP, i was thinking not of a live feed so to speak, but just something
i could download to keep track on my pc.
Cheers.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by andypb

Google Earth has a weather app with it too, not the best but good enough!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OP - back on page 22 you posted that great SAT24 link - this is the one I've been referring back to...question is , is that swirly almost question mark like system top left of Britain the next front they're talking about for Thursday/Friday ? It certainly looks a lot meaner than yesterdays !

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
[impatiently taps foot awaiting for Friday to arrive]

Good supporting data, at least - ill give you that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andypb

Dear Andy.

Go ahead and familiarize yourself with ZyGRIB it is a program, which is free and allows you to feel like a real meteorologist. To keep up with he storm developments you can choose to download free isobar and wind data. And they become available as soon as they are taken I believe, so it is a near real-time system. I do hope that my post helps helps. Perhaps this posting will spark some interest in meteorology and I can finally have someone to talk with.

This Hurricane Omelette is getting strong, my humble prediction is that it will strengthen in the night hours and move South East. Let's see how good my prediction skills are. That is why I absolutely love meteorology. You can predict stuff without being painted a a silly psychic, or UFO contacteur.

PS! I am still looking for WRF CUDA compiling help on my computer, thank you.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor
OP - back on page 22 you posted that great SAT24 link - this is the one I've been referring back to...question is , is that swirly almost question mark like system top left of Britain the next front they're talking about for Thursday/Friday ? It certainly looks a lot meaner than yesterdays !

No, thats not what they are looking at. What you are seeing on the sat24 radar is detailed below. The Orange circle denote the circulation you see currently on Sat24. The Green pentagon is the track and formation of the storm for Friday. Have posted the charts for 12 hour intervals.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Great, thanks for that, i'm a total beginner, but always found weather to be interesting.
I will download now, and start learning.
Many thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Any of this info helpful to you?

Link 1
Link 2

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Many thanks Jrmcleod - Normandy for any French followers also looks in the path of this one.

A very informative and interesting thread , thank you.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hear the thunder rumble, a sound from miles away
Is it getting nearer, or over for today
A flash of blinding light, electric in the skies
Looking out the window, it really hurts my eyes
After comes the rumble, the clash of cloud on cloud
Feel the floor vibrating, that one was really loud
Still more lightning flashes, it hit's the old oak tree
Lightning in the garden, now that's too close for me

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm not far from Edinburgh Airport and right now I would say the wind is as bad as and maybe even worse than last weeks storm. My barometer is reading lower than it got last week, currently at 28.3inhg which equates to 958mb and still falling.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's really windy here in Angus (NE Scotland) - Id say it rivals the last storm! All the bridges are closed, so commuters have a very long journey ahead of them. My lights keep flickering. I have to go out soon, hope it dies down a little! Its impossible to walk in just now.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Can we start calling this Hurricane Dobber yet?

We're getting really skelped with it now, big gusts, little bit of hail but mostly that freezing rain that the winds blows right into your face. Even my Typhoon Brolly™ was hopeless! It doesn't seem to be a kick in the a*se off last week's weather but I'm obviously no expert, I just like the extremes. I did see a forecast for heavy snow on the Met Office website, that would make my night. The DVDs, cheesy balls and ice cream and ready to roll.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join