It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I'm just getting:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /6h/GB/p1323788400.gif on this server.

I have got onto the site in question, and you appear to be right, however jrmcleod would be better suited to answering the question, I lost track of it the same time the Met office did, lol.

reply to post by starchild10

Sorry, just with it being on your reply to me, it looked like you were aiming at me, no harm done

I sent him a U2U a fair while ago now, nothing back yet, hmm

This happened roughly 2 hours ago now, i thought it was an error of sorts, well anyway.. this is beyond my knowledge so i guess i'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to give us an idea of whats going on with this new development!

The current observations & the prediction/forecast make no sense at all

[UPDATE]

ITS SNOWINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Snow flakes the size of golf balls, outside
edit on 13-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Suspiria
I'm going to go into apoplexy soon if I don't start seeing snow here.

Seconded, thirded and fourthed!

It isn't fair is it? Im ooop norf, i should have snow. Seemples

Me too, I've bought a big furry hat and some yaktrax but had no occasion to wear them yet *sniffle*

As for the Met's egg on Weds. and the yellow blob now covering only half of Britain for Friday, I think they are just updating every few hours so that people can't say they predicted it wrongly and be accused of Michael Fishism.

I'm sure as we get to Thursday the warning will again change for Friday.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

reply to post by RumET

Unfair frankly

I always thought you'd have many feet of snow at this time of year to be honest and some horribly low temperatures - at least that is the image i have always had of Moscow in winter. Shows just how little i know about some things!

Oh dear Flavian. It's getting better today with two inches of snow already fallen and more on the way. All thanks to "Hurricane Omelette". Russia does have some harsh winters, but around Yakutia. There a High stagnates throughout the winter, with temperatures down to -40 C and lower. Around Moscow, the last two winters were fairly mild, with some freezing rain and snow mostly, not so many days below -25 C even.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Met office have changed the warnings....again! Someones split the yolk, it's runny eggs for dinner!

It's getting hard to keep up with them, wish they would make up their minds. Is this storm really that hard to predict and keep track of? (Legit question)

Firstly, hehehehe. that tickled me, there'll be some bacon next across the south.

I live in the east and the wind has picked up a bit here but nothing more than a strong wind, it'll probably get worse but at most will knock the odd brach off a tree round here.... i guesshope.
I understand that up north and in scotland it'll be worse but it just seems to me that its the usual British moaning about the weather. yes a few people may get injured or even die (my condolances in advance) and there'll be a bit of a mess to clean up but its EXTREMELY unlikely to cause major destruction. power outages and roof, wall & fence damage maybe (i saw a picture of last weeks one knocking over a wall onto a parked car... that was the worst). its hardly going to be like Hurricane Katrina or the Japan Tsunami destruction levels.
In the next few weeks everyone will probably be moaning about a few inches of snow (probably more in scotland), and then in 4-6 months everyone will be moaning about how unbearably hot it is.
Its the british way, moaning is as natural to us as queuing.
edit on 13-12-2011 by just1cornell0 because: blah blah

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
A bit of media coverage in the sensationalis t Daily Mail

Homes had to be evacuated and more than 300 houses in Devon were without power overnight as gale-force winds battered much of the country. Cross-channel ferries were cancelled and flood warnings were issued in the South West as winds reached 70mph, accompanied by torrential rain. Some houses had to be evacuated because of the risk of falling trees hitting them. Forecasters have warned the stormy weather will continue at least until the end of the week - with conditions likely to worsen. The Met Office has said a fresh storm system could hit parts of England and Wales on Thursday and Friday, bringing even stronger winds. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

A bit of mainstream validity for our thread sceptics

edit on 13-12-2011 by spacedonk because: bold text added

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
And just a local update if it is of interest to the weather watchers.

I live 12 miles inland from Hastings on the south coast of England, I remember 1987 well we were well and truly hit.

Last night was gusty and continuous slanted rain, not massively heavy, just relentless.

Today is breezy ++ and sunny, temp is about 7 degrees. Almost feels like the calm before the storm

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Met office have changed the warnings....again! Someones split the yolk, it's runny eggs for dinner!

It's getting hard to keep up with them, wish they would make up their minds. Is this storm really that hard to predict and keep track of? (Legit question)

Yes, it is that hard to predict. Would you rather they changed their warnings in the light of latest model output and obersvations, of just stuck with the first one regardless of how inaccurate it now appears to be? And it's now obvious that the Chief Forecaster is so busy he's had to eat his breakfast whilst at the desk - hence the spilt egg

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by just1cornell0

Firstly, hehehehe. that tickled me, there'll be some bacon next across the south.

Hopefully Jim Bacon

(and boy does he look young in that picture!)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RumET

reply to post by RumET

Oh dear Flavian. It's getting better today with two inches of snow already fallen and more on the way. All thanks to "Hurricane Omelette". Russia does have some harsh winters, but around Yakutia. There a High stagnates throughout the winter, with temperatures down to -40 C and lower. Around Moscow, the last two winters were fairly mild, with some freezing rain and snow mostly, not so many days below -25 C even.

Really? As warm as minus 25 C?

Hardy Russians, at that temperature i've long given up the ghost! That sort of temp is designed for log fires and beer.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by just1cornell0

This is my friends roof and drainpipe lying in his yard from the storm the other day, lol. Glad we weren't standing underneath when it went!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No, this isn't a split. It looks like it but it isn't. Its just the pattern of the corresponding isobars. Its hard to see because they dont give you the full picture but i have posted below an example. Hope this helps (its not very good because i'm rubbish in paint). Its really rudimentary but i'm sure you get the idea

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just had some big flakes of snow mixed in with the rain here. I'm very happy now

Thats all I wanted hehe

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

oh dear. but thats the kind of damage (at worst) i'd expect to see in the winds being experienced.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

All we need now is a red blob for ketchup

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

ITS SNOWINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Snow flakes the size of golf balls, outside

It is?? Send some my way

edit on 13-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
For those interested in a re run to current levels of the LP impacting the UK, see the link below.

Weather Online

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

No, this isn't a split. It looks like it but it isn't. Its just the pattern of the corresponding isobars. Its hard to see because they dont give you the full picture but i have posted below an example. Hope this helps (its not very good because i'm rubbish in paint). Its really rudimentary but i'm sure you get the idea

Thats a great job in PS, don't be so harsh on you're self hehe

Ah well that explains it, that little kink in the isobars wasn't showing in other observations i'm watching/have, i thought it was odd, i went out to get some cigs & food and when i come back i had that pushing in to the chart, i barely got much sleep at all last night i think its catching up on me now

Thanks for clearing that up sir

@Boo
Yeah we just got some heavy snow showers hear to, never seen flakes so big... horizontal coming over the fields out front, absolutely freezing outside now to, it was 12.1c last night into early this morning, now reading 2c /1c feels much lower then that, interesting weather all over today,

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Met Office Web Site
There remains a risk of very strong winds and heavy rain moving eastwards across parts of England and Wales later on Thursday and through Friday. In addition there is a risk of locally significant snowfall occurring, mainly on high ground towards the north and west of this warning area. However there remains considerable uncertainty regarding the northward extent of any severe weather though southern parts remain most prone.

The public is advised to monitor warnings for this period, noting that the warning may be upgraded.

I got this from the met office website for Thursday/Friday in the east of England. It absolutely looks like they are still not sure and will update as info becomes available. That being said we are still much better informed than in '87.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Fair few isolated showers tracking in from the west - east, you should see a couple id imagine,

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

And here, probably better here
www.raintoday.co.uk...

LP Center dropping 942mb

edit on 13-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Its gettin very windy here in ayrshire now! almost as bad as the other days storm!

Its picking up very quick! a few video being posted around various places of shorelines in chaos! ill try and link them

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And yet still no snow or even high winds here in North Yorkshire. I will qualify that by saying my bit of North Yorkshire - as it rather a large county for us in blighty!

It is just brass monkeys

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join