It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
URGENT!!

Morning all, I don't want to alarm anyone, but I have just been to the Met Office site, and they have upgraded the warnings......................

THERE'S A GIANT FRIED EGG PREDICTED TO HIT!!!!!

Lol, sorry, my morning pre-coffee humour needs worked on.

Latest observations from west Cumbria:

4.5°C, SW 41mph, Gusts 61mph, 976 hPa, Rising

My observations:

It's blowing a bloody gale out there!

edit on 13/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I hope everyone in the UK remain safe, take care!

Any updates on the Friday 16th storm that will hit Northern Europe / Netherlands?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

After the amount of attacks I received in this thread and the insults I received, just over me stating my opinions do you blame me?

I was mainly trying just to ease people from running about panicking rather than fear mongering as some were accusing me off.

And for the record I never stated I spoke for the Scottish people. Another false accusation.

There is a warning off Blizzards as a result of the strong winds in Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, as well as other in areas within the UK. Lets just hope there is no flooding.

Oh an the BBC Weather man is rather hunky
, thought I would fling that one in there.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

There will be later this afternoon/evening

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Very funny. I hope there is some bacon and mushrooms with that egg!
Seriously I think those who come to troll an issue in which they have no interest are just very bored and a bit sad. Best thing is to totally blank them!
Back on topic here in West Yorkshire we had a terrific squall in the early hours. It was literally howling and it sounded like hail was battering the windows. I think most of us will experience gail force winds at some point this week. Just be careful if out driving and watch out for frail/elderly folk.. Also bear in mind power is often a casualty of this sort of weather so be prepared.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Bawbag nearly put my windows in! Being in an old south-side tenament with the original windows from when the place was built in 1890 odd, they were struggling to cope.

So thanks for the heads up, it's worth being prepared. The only reason there wasn't more carnage during bawbag was cause everyone got sent home early and most schools were shut.

The only pity if it does hit on Friday is that i'm DJing at club for a charity event and this could seriously hurt the amount we collect if turnout is affected

I propose a name of this one of Hurricane #ybaws! Following the alphabetic naming conventions of hurricanes

Edit: Automatic sensoring didn't like my suggested name. I'll give you a clue, it starts with a C and ends with a t. So lets call it Hurricane Crabbit Bugger instead!
edit on 13-12-2011 by Nammu because: editing

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Seriously I think those who come to troll an issue in which they have no interest are just very bored and a bit sad. Best thing is to totally blank them!

Was that aimed at me?

EDIT: If it was, please go back through this thread and the previous thread, and you will see that I am participating properly in this discussion, just trying to throw some humour on a bad situation. I apologise if I came across to you wrong.
edit on 13/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I think it was aimed at me. But I suppose. As an individual I am not allowed to have a different opinion in here,
Oh wells.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

It was already named. But cannot say the name on here would be warned.

I thought it hilarious, when it was all over twitter and facebook.

The US has Hurricane Katrina etc, Scotland gets hit with Hurricane Bawbag, got to love the Scottish Humor

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Met office have changed the warnings....again! Someones split the yolk, it's runny eggs for dinner!

It's getting hard to keep up with them, wish they would make up their minds. Is this storm really that hard to predict and keep track of? (Legit question)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

I think it was aimed at me. But I suppose. As an individual I am not allowed to have a different opinion in here,
Oh wells.

No i think that was aimed at the other guy, i don't think you was trolling at all if im going to be honest, i don't think anybody thought you were either, maybe just a tad patriotic with that we scots can't deal with anything approach earlier in the threads, "which you can" but thats not to say people could have died and we should alway take these warnings seriously if the data is highly in favour, which is the only reason i replied to you tbh, certainly you wasn't trolling like this other guy has been, i forget his name erhhh, few posts back anyhow

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm going to go into apoplexy soon if I don't start seeing snow here.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Met office have changed the warnings....again! Someones split the yolk, it's runny eggs for dinner!

It's getting hard to keep up with them, wish they would make up their minds. Is this storm really that hard to predict and keep track of? (Legit question)

I sent the OP a U2U a while ago now wondering/asking about this, as i wasn't sure the model i was looking at was correct, this has split in two right?

They look to track south now too?

And the prediction for 15:00

That doesn't have it split in two and has it further north, as did the prediction for this time now,

edit on 13-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Then I can tease you we just had two inches, of delightful, largeflaked and pristine white snow falling over our yard and house. Everything looks like a Winter Wonderland! And I'm sitting here, sipping warm tea with apple jam and cinnamon. And I couldn't be happier to have winter vacation.
Considering the Egg warning, perhaps it can be "Hurricane Omelette" this time?

The buoy is showing pressure rise in a neat curve. Seems the "eye" just passed it, I have no idea where 'it' is though. Pressure up to 956 mbar in an unknown location of the buoy.
edit on 13/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some buoy data.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Was that aimed at me?

No it wasn't! Sorry if it came across like that. I was talking about earlier in the thread. I liked the egg!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RumET

Then I can tease you we just had two inches, of delightful, largeflaked and pristine white snow falling over our yard and house. Everything looks like a Winter Wonderland! And I'm sitting here, sipping warm tea with apple jam and cinnamon. And I couldn't be happier to have winter vacation.
Considering the Egg warning, perhaps it can be "Hurricane Omelette" this time?

LALALALALALALA *sticks fingers in ears*
I'm not listening, even though you probably have a sexy accent.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Seconded, thirded and fourthed!

It isn't fair is it? Im ooop norf, i should have snow. Seemples

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I'm just getting:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /6h/GB/p1323788400.gif on this server.

I have got onto the site in question, and you appear to be right, however jrmcleod would be better suited to answering the question, I lost track of it the same time the Met office did, lol.

reply to post by starchild10

Sorry, just with it being on your reply to me, it looked like you were aiming at me, no harm done

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Unfair frankly

I always thought you'd have many feet of snow at this time of year to be honest and some horribly low temperatures - at least that is the image i have always had of Moscow in winter. Shows just how little i know about some things!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
And back on topic, no particularly bad conditions here in my bit of Yorkshire (i say my and it is!
)

The wind is blowing a fair bit but nothing like last week. Although last night i got absolutely soaked having a sneaky smoke and ruined the missus' umbrella (like a previous poster).

Woogle, is there a government plan in place for the fried egg? Or will it just be scrambled?
- sorry, couldn't resist such a poor and obvious pun.

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join