It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by TiocfaidhArLa

OK, finally something credible from BBC. Just posted.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Severe weather warning, but again..not unusual for this time of year.

You realise the BBC are giving you weather warnings based on the data posted in the thread? It's no more credible than what the OP has been posted.

He doesn't get it does he

I tried to tell him were using the same chart his trusty BBC weatherman does but he seems to think were making these models up in photoshop,

This has got to be the biggest facepalm i have ever done on these forums, congrats RMFX1

Oh and @ RMFX1 please feel free to point out where the OP stated Monday & Tuesday Storm as

unusual for this time of year.

As far as i can see NOBODY has EVER said these storms are unusual for this time of year. because we all no very well that they are very very common for this time of year, only Fridays storm would have been unusual for this time of year. because nobody has ever seen such a storm on FI charts,

Read the thread title...

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

I don't see unusual for this time of year in the OPs title, and guess what? it was a warning you last week of a warning you JUST GOT from the BBC AS ITS HAPPENING right now, so the OP has be BANG ON TWICE NOW,

Bahh fear mongering

i did another facepalm
edit on 12-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

You're the one that isn't getting it. I know that you are using the same charts. What I also know is that your knowledge of interpreting them and predicting how things will develop over the course of 5 days is amature at best. In other words, not worth paying attention to at all.

Luton an hour and 45 minutes ago.

Observed at 05:00, Tuesday 13 December

White Cloud

10°C

16mph South Westerly

Humidity: 85%

Visibility: Excellent

Pressure: 984mb, Falling

WOW!

OMG no no no no please no more

I feel like crying with frustraition right now, i really do, you have failed for the 3rd time to grasp what is going on in this thread, and the type of people posting in it, and i honestly cannot see what you're big problem with it is to be honest,

So firstly please state that, what is you're problem with the updates and discussion in this thread ?

Ok secondly i never stated i was a pro, nore amature for that matter, so i'm not quite sure what your on about with the above statement, i never claimed to be either, feel free to check... yet again,

You're the one that isn't getting it

I'm not sure what you mean by this? what do i need to get exactly?

In other words, not worth paying attention to at all.

And why is that? we have all mentioned to you countless times now, i'm grabbing information the weatherman on that little square box will tell you in a few hours time, if i'm not worth paying attention to nore is the little man inside the box, get it?

Oh and why are you pointing out the weather for my location and saying WOW? clearly you don't get it... i'm not going to tell you again ok.... i'm not watching that, my location was never going to see any but because you are a troll you didn't know that did you? i'm simply updating my location nothing more, i'm not some kid looking out the window going ZOMG WIND!!!!, i know what's outside, and i know it was never going to be anything more then a blustery night for me, BUT IM NOT WATCHING THAT!!!, again you need to realise who some of the people are in this thread posting, they are avid storm watchers who also post on other weather related sites on weather not just in the UK but all over the world because its a hobby to some, or a job, or just out of interest, some have there own weather stations who update there location regularly, some even storm chase extreme weather as a hobby, are you getting it yet? please get it... i think maybe you should understand that before you continue to troll this thread, people who have an interest in these things and they will discuss them regardless of what you think

Is it not obvious to you that most of the people posting in this thread are storm junkies & amature meteorologist? oh and of course a few trolls telling them not to discuss things with out BBC permission,
edit on 13-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ALS reporting in!

Still alive and well but had some seriously interesting winds last night. Driving back from the hospital I saw tree branchs (some about 15cm wide) across many of the roads. I also Santa stuck in a tree! (It was one of them blow up xmas decorations). My Broadband was also down all night.

To be honest its everything I expect (and learnt) from this thread, lets get well prepared for thursday.

Stay safe.

ALS

ETA: Just for reference I'm in south-east England. Just outside London.

edit on 13-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The Met Office said one of the stormiest periods the UK has seen for several years was set to continue.

Chief forecaster Tim Hewson said: "There is some uncertainty in the forecast for later in the week, but there is potential for a significant storm and we are keeping a close eye on the situation as it develops.

"We'll be regularly updating our forecasts and warnings, so we advise everyone to stay up to date with the latest situation."

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

RFMX1,

I don't really understand where the difficulty lies in reading through this thread or the MetO site or any other source of weather information to see that London isn't really in the firing line for today's storm.

Come back on Friday and inform us all of reports from Luton and we'll see if there is an increase
, until then please stop coming onto the thread to pull the atmosphere down, if you don't like it you dont need to post in it....all your doing is turning this threads atmosphere into oh so many other ATS threads.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well with luck will get some snow this week, then it will finally feel a little like Christmas.

On the flip side all this wind is creating this Eerie howl as blows thru a building-site near me, where there's lots of scaffolding up.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

To jmcleod and Britwarrior......

Quick suggestion to you both regarding the posts of the Jesus Avatar character RMZwhatever his/her face is.......
Do NOT reply or respond to their ramblings..... Having read through some of this thread and listened to the forecasts elesewhere then it is quite obvious we will have a BIG storm Thurs / Fri and if people do not wish to listen to advice like that and make their own chioce then I suggest you leave them to it and the 'Gene Pool' average value will increase over time.....

Cheers

PDUK
edit on 13-12-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: speeling - ffs

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The models seem to be close to agreeing on something hitting Southern England Friday, just not a deeper LP as originally thought, The Met still going with a slightly northernly trajectory

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yeah.. Crazy how Ireland can have 165mph winds without there being a hurricane!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Can you provide a source please to Ireland's 165mph wind? If your referring to the 165mph wind of last week, that was actually in Scotland and the reason its not classed as a hurricane is because the system associated with that weather formed in the Mid-Latitudes of the northern hemisphere. It is called an extratropical cyclone. Hurricanes can't be called hurricanes unless they originally form over water that has a temperature of 26oC or above.

Hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Good morning everyone.

It was very much hurricane levels. We just call them hurricane when they are outside warm water. We call them extratropical cyclones. But that wind was worthy of a Category Five Hurricane, as mentioned earlier. Stay safe, oh never mind. The ever-knowing OP replied first

edit on 13/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some obsolete information it seems.

Now to local news ^^ at 1500 we had 0 C The wind is doing 7 m/s winds from South South East. We have rather heavy and wet snow falling down and our pressure fell 0.5 mmHg the last hour to 749 mmHg. In other words slightly windy and sleety. The Russian Met Office warned of possible icy rain conditions (Due to the temperature often undulating around the freezing point in predictions with lots of fronts coming in from the West.) throughout the winter.
edit on 13/12/2011 by RumET because: Added local weather conditions.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Morning all, just checking in with local current conditions

Last night was quite wild, my poor children woke up a couple of times scared of the wind and rain making such a noise.
Not much damage out, just some small branches here and there.

Temperature:
4 °C

Comfort Level:
-2 °C

Dew point:
1 °C

Barometer:
989 millibars

Humidity:
81%

Wind:
33 km/h from 240° West-southwest

Feels rather cold out, and keeps clouding over and getting bright again. Would be nice to see some wintry showers bought in. Be nice to see some snow falling from the sky just before christmas

So is Thurs/Fri still looking stormy for the south east?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Will be providing an update later this afternoon/evening but yes its still on track. Just waiting for some clarification from other models. Early indications are that it will track through the Channel and Northern France but the MetO still have it cutting the country in half. Its a waiting game just now!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by boo1981

Will be providing an update later this afternoon/evening but yes its still on track. Just waiting for some clarification from other models. Early indications are that it will track through the Channel and Northern France but the MetO still have it cutting the country in half. Its a waiting game just now!

Thank you

Whats that.....its going up the channel?? Isn't that what happened in 1987???

And thats not meant as fearmongering before anybody says it, I lived through the storm of 1987 in one of the worst hit areas.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Last night was interesting for Staffordshire. The wind and rain was awesome, but it seemed to lose it's strength for a time around midnight. Today is bright, hardly any cloud, but the winds picking up again. Rather like it was so far south of Bawbag.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I would refer you not to state false accusations unless you have proof. From the time I have been a member of ATS not once have I ever posted an anti English comment. I have never stated either that I do not like English people. So your attack and insults are baseless to say the least.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Afternoon
well almost lol

Here in N Ireland it wasnt that bad last night, with my bedroom being in the attic I normally hear even the slightest gust but all was fine.
Saying that though its fairly picked up now; moderately windy with some serious gusts that you can hear shifting the house. Dont think its supposed to hit its peak till about 2 or 3 this afternoon though according to the BBC weather from last night

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LostMan815

It is meant to pick up later on today. Although, it doesn't seem to be as bad as the weather we had last week, apart from the Snow. Wonder if the bookies will loose out since we might have a white Christmas this year again!

No structural damage so far where I live in Edinburgh.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Last time I laughed and patronised people over a weather forecast that house fell on my sister...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I think odds on a White Christmas for most will be very slim indeed. If anything the majority of the models are going with a mild theme. Possible very warm in the south of England.

Ensembles are holding onto the cold spell until around the 24th but i cant see that happening. The Azores HP, IMO will take the place of these LP's as they push through and bring in milder airflow from the SW.

Time will tell though!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I would refer you not to state false accusations unless you have proof. From the time I have been a member of ATS not once have I ever posted an anti English comment. I have never stated either that I do not like English people. So your attack and insults are baseless to say the least.

I was just being sarcastic

My apologies if you was offended it wasn't ment to come across in such away, i did use one of these i think

Sorry

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join