It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just watching Chelsea - Manchester City and it seems to be quite some heavy rain and wind at the stadium in Chelsea (or was it London?). And considering GRIB programs, I myself prefer ZyGRIB I believe it is freeware as well as multi platform. Found it on Ubuntu, testing out some compilers. It's fairly easy to use as well, go ahead and try it out. It has cleared out in Moscow now, and radioactive cooling makes temperatures plummet. It's now -4 C and the pressure is 750.5 mmHG, clear skies above and no wind at all.
edit on 12/12/2011 by RumET because: Added program link.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Yeah. Hearing on a few of the weather sites we could be in for a total hammering. A 945mb low with a extremely steep gradient and very cold circulation. We could actually be in trouble with this one. Spring high tides this week too. This could be nasty. I am a fan of extreme weather so buzzed as well as edgy.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiocfaidhArLa

Yeah. Hearing on a few of the weather sites we could be in for a total hammering. A 945mb low with a extremely steep gradient and very cold circulation. We could actually be in trouble with this one. Spring high tides this week too. This could be nasty. I am a fan of extreme weather so buzzed as well as edgy.

Those isobars sure are packed in tightly, 948mb i'm sure that wasn't that low a few days ago,, looks to be another Bawbag for Scotland to?, i know Scotland will be fine, but you guys take care tomorrow

Rains really coming down here in Luton now winds are getting up and gusting harder by the minute, you can really hear it blowing out there now, curtains shaking a fair bit, nothing out of the ordinary tho, 994mb

edit on 12-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Guys, I'm not one for blowing things out of proportion, but I swear, hand on heart, there is a couple of gusts that feel like its literally shaking the house, it didn't seem this bad during the storm the other day.

I've recorded just under a minute of video/audio so you can hear it, but I don't think the camera does it justice.

Windows are double glazed and shut, It just seems unusually strong.

edit on 12/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A bit windypops and cold tonight.. Roof is rattling a bit.. Worse is yet to come which wont be nice as the wind nearly blew my bollocks off on a shop run just!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

reply to post by Essan

Smart alec comments don't make your argument any stronger. Why don't you show me a weather forecast for later this week that says that something out of the ordinary will take place weather wise at any time anywhere in the UK this week.

And neither do ignorant posts

How about you show us all some evidence of it NOT first?

While we all here are all keeping a very close eye on the models & up to date records of "NOW" via other local stations, we are simply discusing the weather as it comes in and speculating on the Friday model, there is no harm in that, its totally 50/50 at minute unless you have some other information you would like to share with us?

How about you read actual forecasts instead of trying to interpret the charts yourself? Unless of course you're qualified to do so then by all means go ahead, but I for one cannot find a single weather forecast that says anything out of the ordinary for this time of year will take place. How is that ignorant? If you can prove otherwise then by all means..please do.

RMFX1,

First off, you dont need to be qualified to read model charts...the same as you dont need to be qualified to read an instruction manual. If you care to read my OP you will see the date and time that i composed the thread which was well before the MetO or the MSM were willing to hedge bets on these storms.

If you do care to read the OP you will see that at the time of posting this storm for Friday was currently set up to be the 17th deepest storm in history on Earth. That my friend was NOT normal for the UK, no one since records began in the 1800's has experienced anything worse in the UK.

You will also note that i made it quite clear throughout the thread, as have others, that all of the data was subject to change...because thats what happens in weather. Now of course that has changed and yes granted the storm has been down-graded for Friday - THANKFULLY because at the tail end of last week i was concerned and felt that it was a worthy thing to post a thread on the model outputs at the time. this wasn't a thread of fear, it was a thread or warning and information.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You'll know the worst is over when you see the pressure begin to rise again. Dont be surprised if the pressure drops away fairly rapidly over the next few hours. The pressure at K5 buoy in the Atlantic is currntly sitting at 969mb and dropping.

As you can see the centre of the LP is still quite far out in the Atlantic just now...so yes, plenty worse still to come

Real Time Satellite Animation
edit on 12/12/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Luton an hour ago:

Observations

Observed at 20:00, Monday 12 December
Light Rain

8°C

21mph Southerly

Humidity: 85%

Visibility: Good

Pressure: 997mb, Falling

Sounds awful. Seriously guys, I love a big storm as much as anybody, but this is just normal weather for this time of year. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you all survived.

edit on 12-12-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

What i find funny is he will be getting the final conclusion we all come to maybe a day before he is fed it from his local news, yet were fear mongering

I also wonder if he knows that is exactly what the weathermen do before giving him his weather forecasts every week

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Pressure down to 976 here. Max gust 40knts. Rain clearing to squally showers. Temp has risen slightly to 5.3c

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TiocfaidhArLa

OK, finally something credible from BBC. Just posted.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Severe weather warning, but again..not unusual for this time of year.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Please find attached a recent Met Office Video on the Up and Coming Storms. Please watch all the way through to see the demonstration of the mixed model scenario's for Friday.

ETA: M48 severn Bridge now closed due to wind and reports of power cuts coming in.
edit on 12/12/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Luton an hour ago:

Observations

Observed at 20:00, Monday 12 December
Light Rain

8°C

21mph Southerly

Humidity: 85%

Visibility: Good

Pressure: 997mb, Falling

Sounds awful. Seriously guys, I love a big storm as much as anybody, but this is just normal weather for this time of year. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you all survived.

edit on 12-12-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

LOL Just LOL

Please go back and read my post again

WHEN did i EVER say it was bad? in fact i stated clearly it was nothing out of the ordinary other then blustery showers, please go back and view my post

Oh and sorry the pressure reads 993mb not 997mb like you suggested, just another thing you miss read i suppose,

Rains really coming down here in Luton now winds are getting up and gusting harder by the minute, you can really hear it blowing out there now, curtains shaking a fair bit, nothing out of the ordinary tho, 994mb

Is that abit to fear mongering for you?

How old are you? i feel like i maybe talking with a teenager or something here just a hunch?,

I'm inland, i don't expect it to be bad at all wind are drastically reduced when they make landfull for reasons i cannot be bothered to go over with you as you clearly pay no attention to anything anybody writes in this thread so far, i'm not watching nore talking about where i am located, i am talking about the areas that will be worst effected, TONIGHT TOMORROW & POSSIBLY FRIDAY! just to maker that clear one more for you, and also keeping track of the situation in those locations as we speak, not in my location, because i no for certain we wont see much more then a wet & windy night.

Once again i must point out to you, some people as a hobby or just out of interest like to track these things, there are many forums where people do this, it is not fear mongering, please try to get to grips with this, yes tonight is nothing we haven't seen before, Friday would have been but its now looking less & less likely, please keep in mind the OP has been tracking with others for a couple of weeks now, the model has only changed in the past 24hours, the model predicted a storm that was well lets just say one hell of a storm the likes nobody had ever seen, i think that deserves its own thread tbf, the op sat on it for a week also

So now everything has been cleared up for you, please find another thread to troll

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Guys, I'm not one for blowing things out of proportion, but I swear, hand on heart, there is a couple of gusts that feel like its literally shaking the house, it didn't seem this bad during the storm the other day.

I've recorded just under a minute of video/audio so you can hear it, but I don't think the camera does it justice.

Windows are double glazed and shut, It just seems unusually strong.

edit on 12/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Lol funny video - SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Get your woman told!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

You realise the BBC are giving you weather warnings based on the data posted in the thread? It's no more credible than what the OP has been posted.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Currently 969mb's over the Western Isles of Scotland with a forecast drop of another 20mb's over the next 24 hours before the peak tomorrow afternoon/evening. For anyone interested in viewing a chart of the dropping pressure (like a stone) for a buoy off the coast of Scotland. CLICK HERE

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

www.bbc.co.uk...

You realise the BBC are giving you weather warnings based on the data posted in the thread? It's no more credible than what the OP has been posted.

Indeed, the BBC get their data from the MetO and i get my data from the models the MetO use.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

In my defence, I did ask her to be quiet for a minute while I recorded the noise of the wind, I mean I have had the decency tonight to let her watch the Simpons movie for like the gazillionth time this year, least she could have done was shut her trap for a sec.

But anyway....seems to have calmed down a bit for now. (The wind, not the missus)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

www.bbc.co.uk...

He doesn't get it does he

I tried to tell him were using the same chart his trusty BBC weatherman does but he seems to think were making these models up in photoshop,

This has got to be the biggest facepalm i have ever done on these forums, congrats RMFX1

Oh and @ RMFX1 please feel free to point out where the OP stated Monday & Tuesday Storm as

unusual for this time of year.

As far as i can see NOBODY has EVER said these storms are unusual for this time of year. because we all no very well that they are very very common for this time of year, only Fridays storm would have been unusual for this time of year. because nobody has ever seen such a storm on FI charts,

Read the thread title...

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

I don't see unusual for this time of year in the OPs title, and guess what? it was a warning you last week of a warning you JUST GOT from the BBC AS ITS HAPPENING right now, so the OP has be BANG ON TWICE NOW,

Bahh fear mongering

i did another facepalm

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I agree as I am in your area. Current conditions

Temperature:
7 °C

Comfort Level:
3 °C

Dew point:
6 °C

Barometer:
993 millibars

Humidity:
93%

Visibility:
8 km

Wind:
30 km/h from 190° South

I have been watching the barometer readings drop since 17.30 GMT from 1003mb. Falling at a rate of 2.5mb per hour since 17.30hrs.

The wind is howling out there, shame I don't have the equipment to record the gust speeds

Now down to 991mb...
edit on 12/12/11 by boo1981 because: ...more info

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join