It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

Indeed each to their own, but bear in mind that if a storm thats less intense can cause £150million of damage in a country with 10 times less people then i wonder what will happen in a country with 10 times more people in a strom more powerful...

1 person dying an dmultiple injuries and over 70,000 homes without power is more than just "a bit of wind"!
edit on 10/12/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Scotland's been through worse before, stop getting your boxers in a twist.

We have survived before we will survive this.

They dont call Scots hardnuts for nothing you know.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

We need to round up the 'old troops'!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Scotland's been through worse before, stop getting your boxers in a twist.

We have survived before we will survive this.

They dont call Scots hardnuts for nothing you know.

1. Mr Mcleod is Scottish, and maybe doesn't wear boxers!
2. Survive? Who's the fearmongerer here? If you would take a look at his previous thread there is no 'survival' issues here, just preparedness.

As I said to a previous poster, if you don't think it is THAT bad, you wont need to come here for updates will you.

Rainbws
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
At present it looks like Tuesday's storm will affect a much wider area of Britain, and whilst I don't think wind speeds will be as high as on Thursday, the potential for damage and injury is much greater. Friday's storm is, IMO, the more serious one at the moment but with model's still uncertain as the the exact trajectory of Tuesday's storm, we can't say where Friday's one will produce the strongest winds - it could be anywhere from Central Scotland down to the Midlands.

At present though the message is: be prepared for very strong winds on Tuesday and Friday, keep an eye on the latest MetO forecasts, batten down the hatches (and the trampolines) and if at all possible avoid travel on those days.

After next weekend though it looks like things will calm down omewhat, especially for us in the south. And my money's on a green Christmas unless you live on the Ben.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Isnt that what you are exactly doing, fear mongering?

As I said before since I live in Scotland. We have been through worse before. And we will cope with it as we always do.

As regards to your other comment if Mcleod does not like my comment, he can type for himself. He does not need you to do it for him.

As I said to a previous poster, if you don't think it is THAT bad, you wont need to come here for updates will you.

And who are you to tell any member which thread they can go to and not go to. Get of your high horse, you do not own this site.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

We need to round up the 'old troops'!

Rainbows
Jane

Hi Jane / Jamie et al!

Alls calm here now in (not so) sunny East Kilbride.

We ended up with minor roof damage (some facia blew off) but nothing worse.
A local farmer had a huge tree blown over, knocking down the brand new fence he had built the week before!

One friend had his garden fence and several small trees blown down.

Jamie - thanks for the heads up on the new developments, much appreciated.

...and I'd just like to re-iterate what was said earlier, that this - and the previous thread are most definitely NOT fear-mongering. It is all about keeping informed and prepared. (Yes, no one here is panicking! (Cue Clive Dunn from Dad's Army... "Don't Panic!! Don't Panic!!!"))

cheers,
Gordi

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Few!! It looks like the climate on this thread is getting a bit stormy!

I'm not sure why some people feel the need to proclaim they have the worst weather, like they own it or something! It can effect all of us. If the predictions are right for Friday it will be pretty serious weather and it will be a measurable thing, who had it and how bad it was will certainly be recorded for posterity.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
For crying out loud...! It's wind people!! Wind....

Yes it might blow hard but not enough to sensationlise a post. Seriously thanks for the heads up.. il put on an extra pair of socks if it makes you feel better.. or better yet.. just stay indoors..?

Besides the £150 million is an oversight.. they always quadruple the damage defecit each time the next storm comes along...

you're entitled to your opinion but we will all be back here on the 17th trying to explain why a russian ufo looks like a weather balloon or why bigfoot was lurking around yellowstone..

Chillax ppl... just wrap up warm

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Thanks mcleod, you're a star! Useful informative unsensationalised info. Did people see that school bus which overturned? Fortunately no pupils in it. Good job the the authorities took precautions and didn't react with 'pahh it's just a bit of wind'.

edit on 10-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Thank you for the heads up on the potential storm for friday 16th. I lived through the storm of 1987 and it wasn't pleasant. terrified me to be honest, I was only 6 years old then!

If we have a more intense storm than that of 1987 then i'm getting the kids and occupying the cupboard under the stairs

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 10/12/11 by boo1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
category 3 hurricane in england? well you should do what we do in the states.....keg party! dont dismiss the idea right away some people recomend surfing but i say untill you have howled into the wind while 3 sheets to the wind in 100 mph plus wind with lots of rain you have only had a few beers in the woods huricane 3 or better now thats a keg party!

as allways have fun if possible be safe!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Let me get this right.

The winds in N.ireland will be slightly worse than last time according to your findings?

I'm looking foward to Tuesday then...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up about Friday's potential storm, good thing i bought myself a kelly kettle a few days ago, i can have a brew if the power goes down

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Man........ whats up with these people?

I am afraid that a few of these folks are going to discover the darker side of THE NORMALCY BIAS.

I wish the best of luck to these peeps.

Great post.........! keep up the great work!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thank you ever so much for the warning and for putting in the hard work to bring this to us Brits attention, S&F.

I live in North West England, on Morcambe Bay to be precise, I have linked your thread to my semi active face book account to forewarn my family & friends of the impending danger. As another poster posted we are used to storms but it is better to know than be caught unexpected.

Thank you once again Mr McLeod

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiceKid007
Let me get this right.

The winds in N.ireland will be slightly worse than last time according to your findings?

That's the way it's currently looking, yes (hence too the MetO warning that was issued yesterday)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Scotland has some bad weather that is true ....but this is a heads-up more for the rest of UK. I actually lived through the superstorm in 1987 and it was very hazardous. I watched trees go through neighbour's houses..I watched power lines just missing people. If this helps a few people take care of themselves then don't cheapen the warning by saying Scots know how to deal with this kind of weather.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Nice post, it's always better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I have a link to a news story that indicates the first storm is on it's way. It sounds like it's going to get rough, but I am sure most people will whether the storm.

Load up on supplies and be prepared for loss of power!

Violent Storms and Blizzard to hit West Country
edit on 12/10/11 by mel1962 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join