It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Ask anyone in Scotland if they are bothered by these Storms the answer will be NO.

Are you seriously trying to say that nobody was bothered by the storms in Scotland on Thursday?

How about the people in the 50,000+ homes without power?
Perhaps those whose places of work or businesses that got damaged were "bothered" a little bit?
Or maybe those who sat in traffic for hours and hours?
Or perhaps those parents who had to pay extra for childcare because their school was shut?
How about the £100m + That Scotland's economy lost because of the storm?

Yeah... I mean who's bothered at all?

edit on 11/12/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Hi LauraUK,

The wind turbine was parked and not spinning, this is a safety feature built into all turbines in cases of high winds. What has likely happened is the high winds have caused an electrical connection to become loose which resulted in the fire.

As for the Scots not being bothered, I can tell you living on the border and having many Scottish friends, they are bothered, this isn't your usual weather, yes it has happened before, but not often, a lot of people are worried.
edit on 11/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Video explaining the Storms in Scotland last week:

This is how we cope.

And the Best reaction to the Storms last week:

edit on 11-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Nice video with good shots of the effects of the weather, but don't you think this shows why people want to know about these storms in advance? doin't you think the people affected by the storm were 'bothered' or suffered financial loss?

I've been lurking here on ATS for quite some time and I appreciate a 'heads up' about things that haven't hit the msm yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The Met office have covered the whole of Ireland and the West coast of the UK in a large yellow blob for Thursday

This is going to be pretty nasty if that blob changes to orange or even red.....

Sorry, not sure how to post the image....

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I don't understand how a ridiculous song and photos of destruction explains anything, in fact fact, the pictures show just how bad things were.

Granted the second video was funny, but it was filmed from the safety of the persons home, and doesn't highlight any of the destruction seen in the first video.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

So when it hits Scotland, no one bothers, Oh but when it hits England it is the end of the world I get it.

I also noticed your little insulting comment. I will not bother retaliating. I am not lowering myself down to your level.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
JR,,got it spot on last week, well before the met office decided to advise the public..I would'nt take his advise with the usual (nothings gonna happen approach)..as he stated last week, this is not fearmongering.
another flag from me Jamie.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Here is the images from the Met office site......I've put a red dot on it so you all know where your friendly WoogleUK lives, lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
Are you actually joking me? I am from the UK. This isn't America, we don't have Ranches in fields with no surroundings. We don't see cows flying past our windows. We don't make big deals about the weather... UNLESS its snowing then it's meltdown. Our houses are made from bricks, not wood.

This is wind and rain, we are used to this. STAY INDOORS and you/we'll all be fiiiine! Stop making such a fuss about it!! It's bad weather, we'll survive! There isn't going to be an apocalyptic ending because the wind has picked up nor will anyone die as long as we take precautions. I can't see why the big fuss about all this!!

Countries have poor weather all the time!!! They deal with it and so will us citizens of Britain. It will come and it will go, this isn't the first storm AND IT CERTAINLY won't be the last. Embrace this weather because lets face it... its the norm here, we have rubbish weather. Just because it's mainstream doesnt mean its new... its not.

Get your Thermals on, stay indoors, watch from afar and just carry on. Go to work, see your friends, eat some junk because no one is going to die and we'll just pass this week like every other week.

P.S.... KUDOS FOR CAMERON ISOLATING US FROM THE EU!!! BEST NEWS EVER!!! Britain is Britain, the EU is the EU.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Kostas because: spelling

We're talking about potentially one of the biggest storms in recorded UK history.

Why don't you read the thread before making your comments? This isn't just a bit of wind, it could be the worst weather many of us would see in our lifetimes.

Could any members of the "it's just a bit of wind" brigade please read the thread and look at the predictions. This is not some ITV MSM over reaction to a sprinkle of snow. IF - and it's a big IF - the predictions are right, the results would be devastating.

And if you'd bothered to read the thread you'd know that's what is being predicted is severe by any countries standards.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
So it's really nice to known that not one, but two very severe wind storms are predicted on ATS for the next week. This absolutely guarantees there will be no more strong wind for the rest of this week. After all, if it is predicted on ATS, it by definition won't happen.

Except for the fact the OP made a thread last week telling people about the storm in Scotland before the news picked up on it.

Last Thursdays storm was predicted on ATS, ergo your argument is invalid.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

So when it hits Scotland, no one bothers, Oh but when it hits England it is the end of the world I get it.

I also noticed your little insulting comment. I will not bother retaliating. I am not lowering myself down to your level.

No it's not about wether it's Scotland or England or Wales or Ireland. It's you who insists on making it about Scotland. This thread is about a storm that's potentially going to hit the entire UK.

If you want to make thread about how we Scots can take whatever the weather throws at us, go for it, but this isn't the thread for it.

There was no insult, just calling an obvious observation. Don't like it? Truth hurts.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Thanks, Woogle! I will have to get round to learning to do that. I think we can plainly see that kilt wearers, lancashire hotpot eaters, southern softies and various other slightly offensive regional stereotypes may equally be affected by this one

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Your assumption that 5+million Scottish people are not bothered in the slightest about these storms is bordering on arrogance.

Just because the TV and radio, some of your friends, family, acquaintances and anyone else you've had contact with in your city, say they are not bothered. Doesn't mean the rest of the very vast population isn't.

I seriously hope you and yours do not get affected by any of these winds. I would imagine you would be pretty annoyed and unhappy to have any damage to your property so close to Christmas, or any time for that matter.

edit on 11-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

We are affected by winds every year that is what I am trying to point out, so it is nothing new to anyone who lives and works in Scotland. Everyone is going way Over the top. It will not be the end of the world you know.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by skitzspiricy

We are affected by winds every year that is what I am trying to point out, so it is nothing new to anyone who lives and works in Scotland. Everyone is going way Over the top. It will not be the end of the world you know.

Who said it will be the end of the world???

There you go making assumptions again.

edit on 11-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Darling, we understand you're Scottish, we understood the first time you said it, so please PIPE DOWN. Your constant self-congratulatory arse slapping about being Scottish is tiring me out.

We're talking about potentially the biggest storm to hit the UK in forever. This is not just rain. Take your English hatred somewhere else.

You keep talking about "the scottish", "we scots" etc etc, but you're the only Scottish person in here who hasn't a care in the world. The rest of the Scots do care and are paying attention. Notice that none of them have agreed with you, in fact they've ignored you because your childish behaviour is embarrassing them.

Nobody cares if you wear t-shirts in winter because you have some deluded sense of Scottish superiority.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Not winds this bad though, and not over such a wide area. Higher ground usually gets a good bit of wind each year, but even there not this strong. But even low lying areas (yes, they do exist in Scotland, despite my belief that if you want to climb a hill in Scotland first you have to climb a hill) are getting hit pretty bad.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Indeed. And the Scots were so unbothered by last week's storm that their parliament held a special meeting, and closed most of the schools - something I don't recall happening before.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join