It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all this "Ascension in 2012" stuff come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

There are no cities beneath the sea. That's fiction. There are those that believe in hoaxes or misrepresentations and no amount of evidence against these false ideas will change the minds of close minded.

You said it, friend. Close minded. Fiction, you say? Deny Ignorance!

Ancient Cities Lost to the Seas

Japanese Atlantis: 5,000 year old city beneath the sea.

Ballard Finds Traces of Ancient Habitation Beneath Black Sea

Buried Beneath the Black Sea: Cities and Ships Submerged

SODOM & GOMORRAH FOUND BENEATH DEAD SEA

Lost Egyptian cities discovered beneath the sea

Ancient Greek city digitally recreated

Still think it is all fiction? Or perhaps it is Myth, instead? When Hillary and Co. climbed Mt Everest in 1953, Edmund Hillary got up to the 26,000 foot level, and he began to find sea shells. Some stuff they found up there were petrified clams and sea shells packed together. Millions of them. Interesting thing about these clams, that are even found of top of Mt Everest, the clams are petrified and dead, I believe, and closed. The only way this could happen is these had to be buried alive. ..... How do you get these on top of Mt Everest? In case you don't know, Mt Everest is a little ways from the beach. Secondly, clams don't climb mountains very good.

So, I backed up my claims, can you?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ascension is like a New Age version of the Christian rapture...for those who don't like Christianity.

All religions borrow from other religions, themes get swapped and dressed up in new clothes...here's a great example of that in action.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm not exactly sure where this ascension stuff started either. And when I look on the internet to find out about it, I keep running across references to St. Germain and making decrees to St. Germain in order to ascend. So I looked him up, never heard of him, he was supposed to have been a charlatan. Is everyone overlooking this? I just don't feel comfortable with all that.

When I think about it I probably wouldn't ascend anyways, I wouldn't want to leave my pets to fend for themselves. I'm simple that way. Wouldn't mind a window to the 5th dimension to talk to those I loved that passed but I guess I'm staying here. I couldn't turn my back on them not to mention other people that would still be here.

edit on 14-12-2011 by LunaKat because: my typing stinks

edit on 14-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thank you for clarifying your claim. I thought you were JUST referring to the dopey claims of wackos about certain deep water sites.

In link 1 they mention coastal erosion as cause for the loss of a known town. This happens along oceans, rivers, and lakes all of the time. In addition, land can subside due to tectonic and other geological processes. There are Greek temple columns above water that show evidence of having been in the water. Cities employ a number of tactics to prevent this sort of damage.

In link 2 we find the sort of hoax I was talking about. This is a natural feature which has been labeled an underwater city.

In links 3 and 4 we find evidence for an inundated area. There are also such places along lakes where this has been found. Construction of dams inundates cities as had lakes formed by landslides blocking rivers. Also, notice that there are no cities below the Black Sea. What was found appeared to be a man made dwelling site, not a city.

In link 5 is a reference to 2 cities that have never been found. The article does not show us the city because it has not been found. No one knows where these cities are.

In link 6 there is the following:

It is possible that a tidal wave caused by an earthquake could have flooded the cities, but there is also the simple explanation of subsidence over time, given the sand and silt on which the cities were built.

There are other sites that have gone below the waves due to subsidence.

In link 7 we read

The entire drowned city lies four metres below the surface of the Aegean

As far as sea shells above the waves is concerned, the first person to discuss that the existence of the shells was due to the rocks being lifted up out of the oceans was DaVinci. Well at least he was the first one to publicly state that. Sedimentary rocks have been thrust high in the Himalayas by obduction.

In regards to the hoax about the so-called Atlantis, that is one of the places I was specifically targeting as a situation where the close minded will believe endlessly despite the evidence that the site is a natural feature.

Still think it is all fiction?

I am well aware of all of this. I made the assumption that you were referring to the sort of hoax such as the so-called Japanese Atlantis. I apologize that you were referring to more than that.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I never refer to hoaxes, and am always ready to back up what I say is true.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Let's get back to what you stated.

The Earth runs in cycles, every 26,000 years or so, she turns over and destroys all that humankind has built. The evidence of this, sea shells on mountaintops, cities beneath the sea, confirm this effect, for me anyway.

This is what I was talking about. You chose to post information about a place in England that was damaged by erosion 250 years ago and cities in Egypt and Greece that subsided in the last 3000 years.

None of this is from 26,000 years ago. There were no civilization or cities 26,000 years ago. There is no evidence for any cities that sunk due to forces outside of the Earth.

You posted a link to a well known hoax, the so-called Japanese Atlantis.

In fact, there is no evidence of cyclical catastrophes on Earth at any periodicity.

Did you back up your claim? No.
Did you post a hoax? Yes. In fact you posted 2. The other was the Sodom and Gomorrah claim.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, like I said, Ascension is there for everyone, and many will just not want to go. Many more will not be able to go. Nothing will stop me from going. I have seen the higher dimensions, and it is there I wish to be.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Almost everyone will realize that ascension is not happening and will act appropriately. Others will pretend and claim they are or have ascended. Eventually they might realize the lack of ascension. Some might not.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Almost everyone will realize that ascension is not happening and will act appropriately. Others will pretend and claim they are or have ascended. Eventually they might realize the lack of ascension. Some might not.

I totally agree. the way I saw it was most did not even know it was happening, but some did wonder where their friends and family got off to. Thankfully, I have the foresight to research everything about it, so I have learned a few things. Like how to form a Merkaba. And how to train my mind for the time when thoughts are reality. I really feel sorry for those who are waiting to be saved and taken to Heaven....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join