It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Race / Giants of Eastern Asia / China - Picture Heavy!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have that same wallpaper.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm concerned no one has realized that this place and this river he refers to is not even in china its in Thailand. Didn't even have to read the whole article or see all the pictures to see that something is funny about this post.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
I'm currently on my roving travels in S.E Asia at the moment and didn't think I would see anything of note to do with this kind of thing.
Nevertheless, on a whim, I explored into an old Chinese Temple among the Chinese Quarter...
It's in Bangkok on the Chao Phraya River (just 100 yards or so from it to be approx).

Having explored Bangkok quite extensively myself, I'm not sure what all these paintings tell us. They re-paint and add stuff to temples all the time. Look, these guys even included David Beckham in their temple. I don't think we should take this to mean that David Beckham was some sort of ancient football god.

The paintings in your photo look like they were done fairly recently...without more information we really can't tell. Why do they have blue eyes? Maybe the artist liked the colour. It is not like Thais aren't aware of blue eyes.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onlytruthwillsetyoufree

Maybe because we all read the first paragraph where he said it was in Bangkok? It was within the Chinese quarter.

I should also add, the paintings, while new, can still be tracked. Asian religious art is most often based on specific guidelines. Each god/deity/lesser god/ect, all have a construction methods that can be traced.
edit on 12/10/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
For some reason I'm drawing many connections in this area recently...

How about the 'sky giants' as possibly hollow earth inhabitants?
Hollow Earth researcher interview

Also some hard to follow and swallow, but nonetheless Interesting connections in this translation of a russian historian's work I recently read. Basically more aryan gods from the north/past.

edit on 10-12-2011 by JRedBeard because: fixed stuff

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thanks much for sharing and putting time into this, one of my fav parts of ATS, especially this section! (s&f)

Interesting how these are presented and possibly tie into the other culture around the world that have indications of giants of the past.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I'm impressed with your studies. However, being a Chinese, I do not see anything being unusual about those paintings. The drawings are of Chinese deities that appear everywhere in SE/China/Taiwan. They are considered higher conscious beings (gods) like Jesus who live up in the sky (most specifically in a sky of another dimension that is reachable by the dead). The drawings seem VERY recent (150 years), so perhaps they made them blue eyes just to differentiate them between normal human beings.

Also, the burning of books in China was the era of the Qin Dynasty (first emperor). What happened was that he had conquered the other 7 major tribes (who each had their own cultures, spoken and written language, currency, beliefs). So people from these 7 tribes, as you can imagine, were all very used to speaking their own language and using their own currency. This is not acceptable for a united country that wants to make strides. So you would have "scholars" from each tribe advocating the old language, old culture, old currency - things that hinder the process of a more united and peaceful state. Therefore, the first emperor just decided to destroy all noise to further enforce a better long term prosperity and peace. *Did you know that the written and spoken Mandarin right now is based on the Qing Dynasty (Manchurian Rule)? So the Chinese you hear right now isn't even of the original "Chinese", but of Manchurian (well, which is considered the Chinese too, along w/ Mongolians).

Imagine if in the states, each state wanted a different education system, different grammar system, and most importantly another currency. If you were the president 2000 years ago with no effective broadcasting system in place, or any kind of effective communication tool?

ALSO: Any Chinese you speak of are not worshiped by Buddhists, but by Taoists. Buddhists are basically atheists who believe the god is within and the same conscious energy flow through all of us (and that our world is just the presentation of the refraction of the level of consciousness, like light through the sky making the sky look blue instead of black). Taoist is the Christian equivalent that does the worshiping and story-telling.
edit on 10-12-2011 by AwesomeOverload because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
And more

Other Chinese legends also speak of how the "Tortoise General" and a "Snake General" came to be. During Xuánwǔ's study to achieve enlightenment and god status he was told that in order to fully achieve god status, he must purge all humanly flesh from his body. Since he was born he had been eating the food of the world, humanly food, therefore his stomach and intestines were still human. Legend told of an event that a god came and changed his human stomach and intestines for a godly body so he could fully achieve god status. (It was also said that the stomach and intestines that were tossed out became the "Tortoise Mountain" and "Snake Mountain".) The stomach and intestines taken out by the god who did the surgery on Xuánwǔ were said to have taken on the shape of a tortoise (stomach) and a snake (intestines). As many Chinese legends speak of certain animals becoming demons over time as they gain knowledge, that's what the tortoise and snake became, and terrorized people. As Xuánwǔ, now in his god status, heard of this, he came and slayed the demons from his past. However, he did not kill them, as the snake and tortoise demons showed remorse. He let them train under him and atone for their wrong doings, and they became the "Tortoise General" and "Snake General", and they assisted Xuánwǔ with his quests.

There are whispers all through chinese history of sky gods or supposed great men who interacted with them.

The Mongolian Great Khans of the 13th century ideologically based their power on a mandate from Tengri himself, and began their declarations with the words "by the will of Eternal [Blue] Heaven."

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Very interresting thread. The photo's you took are wonderful, good catch to notice the blue eyes. Are the sky people called The Dropa's?

Here is a link telling the story..Chinese and Hindu UFO's Alien Visitation History

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Chinese people can have blue eyes; it all depends on the ancestry/ genetics. I fail to see why that is surprising to you as a "Caucasian" again there is no such thing Caucasian race. If you want to become educated take an anthropology/biology class.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So from the fact that these sky gods have blue eyes and are heavily involved in their legends you've gleaned that there's truth to those myths? What about myths of dragons while we're at it? Everyone knows the shape of the classic Chinese dragon, are those real too? Because I'm pretty sure a giant flying creature like that is WAY more out of place than someone having blue eyes and semi-Caucasian features.

Don't get me wrong though, the images are beautiful and the myths are fascinating

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metaphysic
Sorrybut these look like fresh painted pictures...Ive seen eastern art and this is very lame. Maybe the temple is fake.

That may be the WORST excuse that I have seen yet for a reason to disbelieve. Not only are you NOT in China, but, you're claiming to know genuine CHINESE art from an armchair at home.

Just when you think you've seen it all...

The exact words are, "I've seen eastern art and this is very lame." LOL...Good one. VERY AUTHENTIC.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Destiny777 because: to add

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlytruthwillsetyoufree
I'm concerned no one has realized that this place and this river he refers to is not even in china its in Thailand. Didn't even have to read the whole article or see all the pictures to see that something is funny about this post.

I never said the temple was is China!
I've actually stated already it's a temple built within the Chinese community for Chinese people.
The Chinese Diasapora is a wide one and they've been living in this part of Bangkok for nearly 200 years or so.
One thing the Chinese are very good at is keeping the old ways alive and teaching their young about what went on...
Something we should learn ourselves.
edit on 10-12-2011 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny777

Originally posted by Metaphysic
Sorrybut these look like fresh painted pictures...Ive seen eastern art and this is very lame. Maybe the temple is fake.

That may be the WORST excuse that I have seen yet for a reason to disbelieve. Not only are you NOT in China, but, you're claiming to know genuine CHINESE art from an armchair at home.

Just when you think you've seen it all...

The exact words are, "I've seen eastern art and this is very lame." LOL...Good one. VERY AUTHENTIC.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Destiny777 because: to add

The paid skeptics are tiresome.

The Beckham comment is interesting, it could be turned around and said that at least a culture or people (in this case Buddhist Thai's) are willing to record something more permanently than the flimsy magnetic data we mostly use.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by atomicn

Well actually, you are an opinion-holder, not the truth or the actual source of it.
I'm a believer in the races so you're just gonna have to deal with it aty.

I can tell you I've never seen a Chinese or Asian (East Asian) with blue eyes.
However if there are I'd take that from the ancient times legacy when a lot of 'mixing it up' went about.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
is it me or does every asian food restaurant in the world have the same pics?

2nd line

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just because it have BLUE EYE it does not mean is a cauasian guy.

In Buddhism religion, a holy one have Blue eye and pitch Black hair. Even lord Buddha Siddhartha (born in India) have BLUE EYE and pitch black hair. blue eye represent the ocean.

So most asian Gods have blue eye and black hair. Blue eye and black hair is a sign of a holy man in the Buddhist text. so it does not mean that the chinese gods are cacasian or European descent cause European don't have black hair.

this is why most asian god and goddess have blue eye cause it represent the different between the holy one and the normal human.

edit on 10-12-2011 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thank for posting these pics that you brought to ATS to Show US while your were in China amongst your travels

First about Blue Eyes and Caucasian Like in those Temples !

basically the Same Story around the World those of heaven to earth came! in many Religions !
in the Old and New Worlds

when i saw the Pics it Reminded me of the this as ive seen Before !

Of Anchinet Red Haired Caucasians in Pyramid like Mounds ! as the Pyramid's
do exist and Google Earth Maps Can Back that Facts Up

For Example of One of the Few site that Shows this !

(bibliotecapleyades.net)
History of the Red Haired Race ( Tuatha De Danann )

Recent excavations in the Tarim Basin in Xinjiang province have uncovered more than 100 naturally mummified corpses of people who lived there between 4,000 and 2,400 years ago, indicating that the Aryan race of red and blonde hair with blue eyes lived in this area at one time.

In the Takla Makan Desert in central Asia, mummies of non-Asian peoples were found. The mummies are dated to be 3,800 years old.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

or Could they be somewhat like Ainu Of Japan ?

as they Also are known to have Blue Eyes !

Ainu People
en.wikipedia.org...

Chinese Pyramids On Google Earth. Size And Numbers Greater Than In Egypt
www.godlikeproductions.com...

And for Giants here are some Present Day Giants in China

Chinese Tool,com ( The Giants Page of Stories)
www.chinese-tools.com...

and a Old Pic from the 19century

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Great job. Just because the temple and artwork aren't very old compared to the knowledge they are representing, they are representing and passing on ancient beliefs nonetheless. These cultures didn't just make this stuff up 150 years ago, lol. I hope you get the chance to explore more areas and take more pictures!

The blue eyes, red lips, and blue cloth have to mean something. The first thing I thought of when viewing the one with dark eyes was that he had to be "different" in some way. I thought maybe "bad" or "evil," but I am not sure if he would have been portrayed the same way as the others, but I suppose it is possible.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
reply to post by Metaphysic

Well I've seen Buddhist art but this isn't buddhist art.
In fact, after Mao's Cultural revolution a lot of the old ways were further trampled upon.
Thankfully the Chinese who had emigrated early on from China still had the 'knowledge' and carried it with them.
The temple is old, but the artwork isn't as old as the temple. Only 5 years or so.
HOWEVER, just because it's not that old doesn't mean to say that the teachings and belief's are wrong to go with it.

Just for observation sake, I'm curious.

The temple is old, but the artwork isn't as old as the temple. Only 5 years or so.

What do you mean? Are you saying the artwork was added 5 years after the temple was built? If so, could you determine the time period the temple was constructed (assuming you don't have photos).

I say that because the teachings and beliefs that go with it may have been planted under some culture's reign of enslavement. It is definitely plausible given the nature of our species on this planet.
edit on 11-12-2011 by prepared4truth because: didn't end the quote correctly

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join