It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray that the Euro is saved for your own sakes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hmmm...??

It appears that the socialogical strategy of "divide and conquer" already has it's claws well and truely embedded within the psyche of the states of the EU.

Yes, Australia will be exposed were the Euro to fail.... so be it, bring it on.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The Euro was ill conceived in a European Union which was also ill conceived and badly run. As for the UK we are where we are. Not just the fault of David Cameron per se but also those who went before who signed us up to what is in effect a takeover and who repeatedly refused to have a proper discussion and referendum. Nowhere have I seen hard facts on the table - like what it costs, what revenue it brings in, all the cons and pluses. Instead we get a few figures spun which way (depending on your political stance) and vague soundbytes - like needing to be together for trade, security etc. It's not being xenophobic not to want to be ruled by a remote unelected cabal. And that's what's happening. Plus travel around the European continent and you will see similarities of architecture etc. As an island, the UK has always been different and 'outside'. Just a fact of life.
That said, I do see some benefits of a 'United States of Europe' but not the present system. A monster has been created. People say we should be on the inside trying to fix it but I don't think it is fixable.
So much global upheavable taking place right now. Maybe it is all part of a whole.
But that's a whole other thread.

edit on 10-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006
David Cameron's veto that some here seem to hero worship was only a major win for the bankers as Sarkozy and
Angela Merkel. want to introduce a new financial tax on the banking system and England wanted to be exempt from it.

so another win to the bankers of London

No. Sarkozy and Merkel are weasels that aren't even worth anything as leaders.

You know what is a major win for the bankers however? Italy. France. Germany...I bet none of these bankers dare to step in the streets of Greece. I bet Sarkozy is scared to step into the banlieues. Just wait until the people start stepping where these traitors and 'sell-outs' hide.

They forced a cabinet upon Italy that was not voted for. These new members HAVE TO implement austerity measures, or at least, that's what the ECB is ordering them to do.

link   
reply to post by tanser

how healthy will British banks stay when Spain & Italy start defaulting on their ECB Bonds that those bank hold or start asking for a 60 % discount will those very banks hold up we are talking 100 of billion here alone??

I think the Euro will crash and burn so we will see it pan out but the pain will be great and no one will miss his or her share in our class range.

Peace & Hope
SM

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
No I wil not hope the Euro is saved.

The word financial system is rotten and it needs to collapse. The longer we wait the harder it will be. Making excuses for it is like giving an alcohlic more booze to cure a hangover.

We need to make a clean break and set up a new system.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by theovermensch

Originally posted by flexy123

50/50 of war breaking out

So who's attacking whom? Are we then all attacking Great Britain because it's the only country left in the EU which survived the "collapse"?
Or is Spain and Italy attacking Germany? Or France attacking Greece?

Sorry...i consider this pure nonsense. As for all the things which HAD to be done, i think what Merkel and Sarkozy did was the best thing they did, the goal is to strenghten the Euro again and saving the Eurozone.

Or do you have a better solution?

I would say Germany and France vs Greece Spain and Portugua if something went down.
edit on 10-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

LOOLLL..sorry i just had to laugh out very loud. And why would Germany or France want to attack Spain or Portugal or Greece?

Well since Greece,Spain,and Portugal will be the first to collapse and bring the whole thing down it will be easier to blame them. There is already some ill-feeling brewing in Germany towards Greece and Spain because they are having to contribute to save them at the exspense of there own economy.

There is also geography to consider with Germany and France ideal allies geographically,And Germany and France are the super powers of the euro really.They will stick together and I do predict rogue rebel nations jumping ship from the euro so they can default and control their own currency again. I am not saying war will break out but I agree with the op its a possibility.

Whats so funny anyway?Do you know something I dont? Do you really think war is that out of the question?
If you have any insight I would like to hear it. You must be somewhat of an expert since you had to "laugh out very loud".

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

what are you talking about the major french banks all got downgraded today they are a house of cards about to go under we lost Dexia a few weeks ago an more will follow why are they so weak because they were told by our government to buy ECB backed Greek bond and then told to take a 50% discount by the same government.

You may get your wish the see the whole financial system crash but dont think the pain wont be felt in the UK.

SM

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

As a French citizen, how are other French people reacting to the current situation. Are any French people concerned about losing their sovereignty to Germany. Is there any French resistance, so to speak?

I mean French people are just as nationalistic as the British and here the general consensus, is that we are doing the right thing right now. I know it's different in the fact France are EZ members and the UK are not. But , on the political side of things are you concerned your sovereignty and democracy will go the way of Italy and Greece?

I am interested to hear the perspective of our French friends.
edit on 10-12-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

because they were told by our government to buy ECB backed Greek bond and then told to take a 50% discount by the same government.

Why did your government say that? I do wonder. Could it be that it is not your government at all, but a government that has its own private interests at heart? Like say, a traitorous government?

I've used the word coup d'état a couple of times now and you are French. Is it still not dawning on you?

You may get your wish the see the whole financial system crash but dont think the pain wont be felt in the UK.

Oh I'm not delusional. However, I do know that after these corrupt bunch of shells are done for we get to build up something better. Something without sociopaths, something without ignorant, privileged bankers and government officials. Something worth building up.

Because as it is, these sheltered and pompous asses are running things and as you see, they run it so it benefits only themselves.
edit on 10-12-2011 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

We are at a scary crossroad with Sarkozy in charge and the only man that could topple him out of the race on a trumped up sex scandal we are in deep troubled waters.

If the Euro crumbles and our national debt doubles to about 5 Trillion dollars we will be just like Greece and than I think things will get very ugly for the government short of a war there will be no saving any of them once the people start hitting the streets but by time all the wealth will be in a far away place.

So will Sarkozy and his super rich wife.
The little people cop it up the bum again.
The movement here is weak and most the young muppet are sleeping but that will change once the music stops.
Peace & Hope
SM

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

No. We must never give up our national souvereignty.
Not even to prevent the financial collapse of the €. The € off all things?!... not worth it. How can you even consider this?

I also have to disagree with your vision of total armageddon if the € hits the fan.
Pretty much every government in the EU has already plans for a € - worst case scenario.
Rumour has it that the German Bundesdruckerei for instance can print new "old" Deutsche Mark over night and reintroduce it in no time.
Up until now, we still have the means and resources (healthy economical backbone) to make a relatively gentle transition and recover.
Sure, it will be a bumpy ride for a while... but we will be fine. We survived without the €U before.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

not fighting with you mate its just when You are down to your last few hard earned thousand Euros and not sure what that will be worth in a week or a month that you start to feel very insecure to say the least.

I agree but for things to really change we need to gather the super rich and strip them of their ill gotten wealthy starting with all the Swiss banks.

Peace & Hope
SM

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006

not fighting with you mate its just when You are down to your last few hard earned thousand Euros and not sure what that will be worth in a week or a month that you start to feel very insecure to say the least.

I agree but for things to really change we need to gather the super rich and strip them of their ill gotten wealthy starting with all the Swiss banks.

Peace & Hope
SM

I know you are not fighting with me because our fight is not against each other. Our ideologies or thoughts might clash, sure, but I'm not taking anything from you nor are you taking anything from me as citizens of a country.

I understand your desperation...and maybe you will understand the desperation of billions of people worldwide who have been abused by this system for the past decades.

I also fully agree with that last part. However, it will take time and more suffering for people to come to a mutual understanding of what is really going on.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I live in the country away from major towns but every one of the many villages around here feel the pinch people are getting less & less bang for their money and more and more taxes each year.

Roads, schools, hospital are never upgraded these days it seems and the mood is depress among the youth.

Owning my own home and cars outright I am better off the most but that value of this house could half if the Euro folds.
These are very troubled times and then we have to worry that these Crazy leaders do not start at war to distract us from our worries.
Sheesh to the muppets who put us here in the first place.
off with their heads
Peace & hope
SM

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The dollar and the euro can go to hell...How dare you tell me I ought to bow down to the queen or any other royal banking cartel on planet earth.

The sooner America and Europe fall the better. We can re-build a better society based on a realistic economy. It's going to happen with or without a currency.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The way I seem to understand it, the UK will only be affected if the European countries we currently deal with in import/export and banking went bankrupt and the upheaval of going back to their own national currency again because then that's one less strengthened economy to work with.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

The dollar and the euro can go to hell...How dare you tell me I ought to bow down to the queen or any other royal banking cartel on planet earth.

The sooner America and Europe fall the better. We can re-build a better society based on a realistic economy. It's going to happen with or without a currency.

The Queen? Which one?

If you're talking about the British monarch then hate to break it to you but she has nothing to do with owning any banks or money, nor is her country (the UK) a part of the Euro.

I don't think even the Danish royal family has anything to do with it unless something major happened while I was asleep.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
Hmmm...??

It appears that the socialogical strategy of "divide and conquer" already has it's claws well and truely embedded within the psyche of the states of the EU.

Yes, Australia will be exposed were the Euro to fail.... so be it, bring it on.

We've always been divided and conquering each other.
Pick up a history book, nothing new here.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The € and the $ are toast. Only gold and silver have proven to be true money. 5000 years and counting.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Haven't the world banking systems brought this crashing down on themselves....over leveraged and mindless derivatives...then somehow people or nations should somehow bail them out ? The bubble needed to burst many years ago and they kept pumping in more fiat money and promises of reform. Regardless of what is done isn't a crash imminent? It'll be painful , but won't the market place sort it out??

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join