It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Hope For 2 Italian Women Kidnapped in Iraq Fading

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
2 Italian women and two Iraq's have been kidnapped in Iraq when a gunman broke into offices and detained them. Witness claim that the gunman arrived in 3 separate cars and kidnapped 2 italian women and an Iraqi man and an Iraqi woman.

sfgate.com
Two Italian women working for an aid agency in Iraq have been kidnapped, the agency said Tuesday. Gunmen broke into the group's offices in Baghdad and took the women along with two Iraqis, neighbors said.

The women, in their late 20s, worked for an NGO called "A Bridge For...," the press office at the agency's Rome headquarters said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More to come as this story develops.

UPDATE:
The hope for the two italian women who were kidnapped on September 7th is fading. An islamic group is claiming that they have killed the women, Simona Pari and Simona Torretta. The Islamic Jihad Organization said that the women had 24 hours for their demands to be met. This statement was made on September 12.

abcnew.go.com
DUBAI (Reuters) - An Islamist group in Iraq said it had killed two female Italian hostages in a statement posted on an Internet site, but the women's employers in Italy said on Thursday they had not given up hope.

Italian government sources urged "the utmost caution" and said that there was nothing to confirm the statement by a group calling itself the Jihad Organization, which said it had killed the women because Italy had not obeyed its call to withdraw its forces from Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A statement posted on September 22, by the islamic group, claims they will strike every foreigner in Iraq.

The Italian government is doubtful of the claims. They are unable to authenticate the claims at this time.

There are currently two groups claiming to have killed the 2 Italian women, the Supporters of al-Zawahri, and the Islamic Jihad Organisation. This thread will be updated with more information as we receive it.

Related News Links
news.bbc.co.uk
washingtonpost.com

Related ATS Discussion
Two Italian Girls Executed
[edit on 7-9-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 23-9-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 23-9-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Great! Now these animals are going to start beheading women...
Cowardice has no limits with these people.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is very sad. This is somewhat scary but there used to be a small amount of honor in such things. You know... the whole "let the women and children go" type thing. Obviously the whole situation is messed up but at least it was a commonly known idea that women and children were never to be involved in this. Now you have little kids getting killed this past week, and today women being kidnapped.

I can't say I'm terribly shocked by this though because it's just one step further for the extremist groups. The first step they took in this direction was starting to use female suicide bombers.

Women and children have now been switched from "Don't harm them" to "better bargaining chips" apparently. Very sad and another lesson to us all about how "extreme" these extremists really are.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I believe the militants/terrorist/freedom fighters or what ever you wish to label these individuals are either deperate or just plain stupid. Will Italy withdraw its troops and meet there demands? The Italians will must likely spit in there face.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What do you expect when you invade and brutally occupy a country without the permission by the UN ? Iraq is a hornet's nest and everyone knew it, except the idiots Bush and Sharon and their lowly acolyte Berlusconi. So why weep now that the damage has been done by the US itself ?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is very sad news indeed I thought that with the things going on over their security was more tide for the civilian workers from other countries.

I wonder how this one is going to play in the international community.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios

Yeah, but what'll happen in the time leading upto that ?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
What do you expect when you invade and brutally occupy a country without the permission by the UN ? Iraq is a hornet's nest and everyone knew it, except the idiots Bush and Sharon and their lowly acolyte Berlusconi. So why weep now that the damage has been done by the US itself ?

Regardless of idiots like Bush and company, women and children should not be bargaining chips - your lack of sensitivity here speaks volumes of where your allegiance lies...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951

Could you expand on that thought? I'm not sure I follow you...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally by Mokuhadzushi

No matter what happens it doesn't give you the right or the excuse to abduct innocent men and women. Lol you've never been to the west i take it? We do not behead people and we certainly don't kidnap innocent people just for political gain. I know these are only extremists but this is getting way out of hand.

I wasn't aware that Iraq was under a brutal occupation? I think you're mistaking the Coalition for Saddam. The Coalition may not be perfect but they're not animals.

At the end of the day no matter how much you've suffered, lost and endured it NEVER gives you the right to do these kind of things there is no cause or justification for such acts.

Just curious Mokuhadzushi what nationality are you? I'm detecting a certain bias here, i may be wrong of course.

Anyway i though they had cleared it with the UN due to the resolutions?

Tell me Mokuhadzushi if your family members, say your mother, sister, wife/girlfriend, cousin, niece or close friend was one of the people kidnapped. Would you really be saying the above?

I'm not trying to be hostile here and i apologise beforehand if i've come across as heavy handed, it's just what you said might've been a tad insensitive.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Moku, your comments are baseless.

I don't care what your political opinions are of Bush, Sharon or Santa Claus are. None of that justifies kidnapping and killing women and children. If you don't like their policies you take it up with the policy makers and even policy enforcers. Not 60 pound kids who have the misfortune of being born in a country you don't like.

Caveman tactics are not a good way to build popular support as these groups will soon find out.

Additionally, if you think that the same tactics wouldn't be going on if the irrelevant UN vote had come through then you're sadly mistaken. They would be doing the same thing.

I'm also missing the part where a dislike for Sharon can be used to explain kidnapping Italian women...

We know people don't like Sharon. That doesn't mean go on a rampage and behead people.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211

No matter what happens it doesn't give you the right or the excuse to abduct innocent men and women. Lol you've never been to the west i take it? We do not behead people and we certainly don't kidnap innocent people just for political gain. I know these are only extremists but this is getting way out of hand.

Perhaps you've never been to the middle east before? We do not bomb people and we certainly don't fry poor people just for election gain. I know these are only extremists but this is getting way out of hand.

You might find these to be refreshing to your memory bank

(Graphic Content)
www.thenausea.com...
www.thenausea.com...
www.thenausea.com...
www.thenausea.com...
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I'would *love* to be kidnapped rather than ending like the first photo . . . if you want to be safe don't go to iraq stay home & leave iraq to its people . . .end of story. Though kidnapping iraqies is a little suspicious.

These articles might help a bit . . . i hope!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

AT LEAST TRY DENYING IGNORANCE

[edit on 7-9-2004 by fanoose]

[edit on 7-9-2004 by fanoose]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951

Could you expand on that thought? I'm not sure I follow you...

My thought is that the 'opportunities' to cause outrage, or atrocity are, dare I suggest, that much greater with female hostages than with male. I'm sure you can only imagine what could be taped and released to the world leading up to any executions that took place (always assuming that this group acts without 'honour': accepting too that honour is relative in this context, not absolute).

Is it too much to suggest that the execution may be the least of the horrors that we see here, (however repulsive such a thought is)

Think about the 'offense' that exists in such potential acts - bearing in mind the general principle that it's just 'not done' - women are not [generally] thought of as legitimate targets (again accepting legitimate target as relative and perceived, not as an absolute, nor as indicative of my views).

I'm not sure that I've really clarified my thoughts tho' ...

Here's to hoping that they just get to walk away.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
These people are provoking confrontations they has seen that beheading even when it making the international community angry is really not doing their desirable effect now with women in their agendas they expect more attention to their demands.

Iraq is not a safe place regardless of what our administration is telling us, so foreigners that had nothing to do with the military forces should stay away from that place.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
One thing most media does not say is that since the "official" end of war in Iraq, there has been hundreds of kidnappings, but we only know about them when the victims are from other countries, the kidnappings are the way some people (and not only terrorists/freedom fighters/insurgents) use to get money in a country where there are still villages without water or electricity, and they had them before the war.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fanoose

Perhaps you've never been to the middle east before? We do not bomb people and we certainly don't fry poor people just for election gain. I know these are only extremists but this is getting way out of hand.

You might find these to be refreshing to your memory bank

I'would *love* to be kidnapped rather than ending like the first photo . . . if you want to be safe don't go to iraq stay home & leave iraq to its people . . .end of story. Though kidnapping iraqies is a little suspicious.

I didn't mean the Middle East as a whole hence the "I know these are only extremists". I simply stated that no one in the West had beheaded people nor kidnapped people for political motives. I.e such as removing the ban on head scarves in France or withdrawal of foreign troops.

Like i said no matter what you have endured or suffered it NEVER gives you the right nor can it EVER justify kidnapping and beheading innocent women and children. By doing that they themselves show they're just as bad as the their Coalition enemies.

Maybe i should enlighten you too..

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

www.thenausea.com...

You won't find that in the deepest places of Wales, France, Germany or any Western country, nor would they be committed by extremists in those countries. Unfortunetely ordinary Iraqi's have to live with such babarity.

So if you'd prefer seeing your friends executed and mutilated rather than a quick death? I'm not excusing civilian deaths that have been caused by allied weapons, however they do not openly go out to kill civilians, kidnap them then behead them. The extremists do and that's the difference.

So we should leave innocent Iraqis to die with these extremists pigs? Maybe people are there in order to HELP the Iraqis set up their own infrastructure so they can learn to look after themselves, that's why a lot of people go.

Would you like to know more?

Fanoose i have noticed a bias in your posts....

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What are you trying to prove with these posts? I for one think that the war in Iraq was a mistake, and that both Iraqi and US deaths could have been avoided.

However, look at you -- you see a post about two helpless women being abducted and say things to the effect that hey deserved it. Yes the US should get out of Iraq eventually. However, these ladies should be let go immediately.

Of course, I know you think that killing 330 kids in Beslan was a good vehicle to convey a message that Russian trops should leave Chechnya. You are a part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I was gooing to post this this evening, when the news was broadcasted on national tv here, but the form wanted a link to the original story
Anyhow, yeah it's sad, but they're a suffering lot down there....

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Simona Pari (left) and Simona Torretta (right), both 29

BBC: Italian women kidnapped in Iraq

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I didn't mean the Middle East as a whole hence the "I know these are only extremists". I simply stated that no one in the West had beheaded people nor kidnapped people for political motives. I.e such as removing the ban on head scarves in France or withdrawal of foreign troops.

Like i said no matter what you have endured or suffered it NEVER gives you the right nor can it EVER justify kidnapping and beheading innocent women and children. By doing that they themselves show they're just as bad as the their Coalition enemies.

Yeah, me too.
I didn't mean the West as a whole hence the "I know these are only occupiers". I simply stated that no one in the Middle East had bombed people nor tortured people for election motives. I.e such as sucking oil from iraq or withdrawal of resistance.

Like i said no matter what you have endured or suffered it NEVER gives you the right nor can it EVER justify Bombing, torturing and rape/fry innocent women and children. By doing that they themselves show they're just as bad as the their resistance enemies.

And about the photos, i would love to end like they did rather than the photos i've posted, they behead people from the [head] you chop people from waist!!! beside they were warned to not come but they did, they knew the dangers still they did, they have country to stay at but the didnt, they are on their own for all i care.

You won't find that in the deepest places of Wales, France, Germany or any Western country, nor would they be committed by extremists in those countries. Unfortunetely ordinary Iraqi's have to live with such babarity.

Yes, but war isnt on Wales, France, Germany or any Western country. and they are/will be committed by ordinary people in those countries. Ordinary Westerners dont watch thire loved ones die every morning nor they see an occupier throwing bombs on them every evening while they are a sleep that's such barbarity.

So if you'd prefer seeing your friends executed and mutilated rather than a quick death? I'm not excusing civilian deaths that have been caused by allied weapons, however they do not openly go out to kill civilians, kidnap them then behead them. The extremists do and that's the difference.

No let me tell you the difference, The resistance WARNS before any hit before any kidnapping that everyone working with the occupiers is a target. They've stated You're not welcome, simply you could stay home [you have a SAFE HOME to stay in], but the occupiers DONT WARN you at all they don't tell you: "hey we gonna hit that home better stay home or else [at least all the hits were on civilians houses, fallujah village for example is nothing but a small village you can cover it with a bicycle] . While you're sleep at night you either wakeup on a grave or live your life like a dead, can't eat [you're missing parts of your stomach], you cant walk [no legs], cant show your face [you're missing have of it], Or the best part is to end up an orphan after you lost your family. At least the resistance has a demands [give us this we give you the kidnapped] the occupiers dont have any kind of demands nor reasons the only reason is "we spotted a residential area that MIGHT contain some resistants" lets rain'em with bombs in the HOPE they MIGHT BE RIGHT ABOUT IT. That is the truth everyone is shame to admit, LEAVE IRAQ YOU WONT SEE BEHEADING STAY THEIR THEN DONT BLAME ANY ONE EXCEPT YOUR SELF.

So we should leave innocent Iraqis to die with these extremists pigs? Maybe people are there in order to HELP the Iraqis set up their own infrastructure so they can learn to look after themselves, that's why a lot of people go.

You can HELP by giving the jobs to the innocent Iraqis, let them build thire OWN infrastructure so they can learn to look after themselves, that's why a lot of people should stay out. but the occupiers pigs is busy bombing/sucking & FIXING oil pipes instead of helping iraqies.

Would you like to know more?

No thanks, I'me closer to the events than you are so my views would be more accurate than yours.

Fanoose i have noticed a bias in your posts....

Not more than a bias in your posts....

Originally posted by Aelita
Of course, I know you think that killing 330 kids in Beslan was a good vehicle to convey a message that Russian trops should leave Chechnya. You are a part of the problem.

Don't even start it, the russain government got a black books/history/records of bad treatment on Chechnya, you should give it a go insted of trying to put words on my mouth . . .

[edit on 8-9-2004 by fanoose]

<<   2 >>

join