It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase of 3D Technologies in the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In reading yet another thread about how 3D technology is becoming a norm in today's society, it occurred to me that virtually every week, I see a thread relating to some new "phenominal" 3D capability. A quick perusal of the ATS search engine reveiled the following recent posts:

1. LGs Amazing 3-D Light show on a building
2. 2D patterns self-assemble into 3D objects under light
3. Holograms / 3D Projection now a reality (Japan)
4. This 3D printer can print a BUILDING
5. Amazing new technology: 3D vision WITHOUT glasses !
6. World's 1st 3D erotic film sets new box office record in Hong Kong & Taiwan
7. DARPA Completes its 3-D Holographic Display Technology Demonstration Program
8. Transistors Reinvented Using New 3-D Structure
9. Army Research Laboratory Document Describes 3-D Holographic Imaging / Means to Project Holographic I
10. Sony new amazing holographic technology
11. The Holographic Universe: Is Our 3D World Just an Illusion?
12, Vegas to London: A Timelapse Experiement & a 3D Lens Test
13. 3D laser projection .altering reality
14. 3-d printed unmanned, automated drones - not sci-fi, reality since 2003

The history of 3D technology reveals that it's been around since the mid 1800's.

Article

3D technology can be traced all the way back to the beginning of photography. In 1844 David Brewster invented the Stereoscope. It was a new invention that could take photographic images in 3D. Later, Louis Jules Duboscq took that invention and improved on it. Louis took a picture of Queen Victoria using the improved technology and displayed it at the Great Exhibition in 1851. This picture became very well known throughout the world. Steroscopic cameras started to catch on and became fairly common for personal use by World War II

Yet the recent use of 3D devices have not proved to be as profitable as anticipated:

Digital Manufacturing -3D TV wiill not be mainstream success

A new report published by Informa Telecoms & Media has said that 3D TV will not be a major mainstream success despite backing from UK broadcasters and television manufacturers. The research and training group said that fewer than half of the 11 million 3D TV ready homes in the UK in 2016 will be active and regular users of 3D content.

In 2010, nearly 90 percent of 3D television sets were actively viewing 3D content, however as manufacturers continue to produce this capability as a standard feature, it will eventually reach consumers who are not interested in the technology so this number will decline drastically.

So why the myriad of advances and new devices that utilize 3D technology. Could this just be the latest fad or are we being acclimated to perceive 3D images as the real deal? Some people believe that this has been a long standing plan of TPTB:

Educate Yourself.org - Project Blue Beam

What do you think ATS? Just another fad whose time has come or something more sinister in the works?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Meh, it's just a fad.
2nd

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I don't think it's a fad, but the tech is just not up-to-par YET.

Don't tell me you didn't think Avatar etc. was impressive?

There is already stuff in the works for 3D without glasses, once this comes out...just wait...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
There is already stuff in the works for 3D without glasses, once this comes out...just wait...

BINGO! The technology is progressing and being introduced in wide scale application. Take a look at the list of prior posts in my OP - and those are just a few of the most recent ones I found in the ATS search.

Perhaps it's only a matter of time before it's harder than one would think to discern if "it's live or is it Memorex" (for those younger posters who may not understand that slogan, it means "if it's real or holographic").

Here's a bit of fun trivia for those who may not know what I'm referring to:

edit on 12/10/2011 by timidgal because: Link correction

top topics

join