It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Millions Of People Thinking About The World Ending In 2012 Cause Something Really Bad To happen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

"Thoughts become things" isn't just a stupid slogan.

We can't turn one hair white or black. If I think of building a house and then go build it, thats how thoughts become things. No matter how many friends an I get together and pray that it builds itself, it's just not going to hasppen. All thoughts require a little elbow grease in order to manifest. If my friends actually show up and help me build it, well then my prayers have been answered.

By the way Bad Santa is one of my favorites.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

How can OP post a thread detailing the mechanics of disaster/apocalypse...and on another thread, not, maintain the same justification for evil in the world?

Simple...most of the people here have a pretty hard time with facing reality and would rather deal with it by exaggerating their self-worth and they are easily deluded...

People have been declaring the EOTW for a long, long, long, long, long, time...1984...Hal Lindsey wrote a best seller on it, and people lick it up like syrup...

It does not matter one bit what you provide for evidence or anything else...

read my signatures...FEAR SELLS!!! That is why we have rollercoasters and bungee cords and parachutes...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Personally I believe we are heading for a cleansing of somekind. So many people being upset with the rulers and tyrants, and the tyrants having access to nukes and bioweapons can only lead to disaster IMO. But I think the world is also going through a massive transformation with all the quakes. I think we will have earth crust displacment soon and a massive war of somekind. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

As einstein said, the war after this one will be fought with sticks and stones if any of us are left that is.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Christ returns?...I doubt it,if so i'll try and ask him where he was and what he was doing while auschwitz was being constructed and operating in full swing,i'd just love to hear his reply...

Priceless !

You know, chances are nothing will happen at all. But like many many people, I just have this bad feeling about it. There's just this aura in the air that something big is coming.

I sure hope we all laugh about it on January 1st 2013...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hi Intrptr,

You are 100% correct. Action has to be taken for the things to become. However, it all originates in our minds first. Everything we see around us started in someone's mind, at one point or another. Action made it real.

If my friends actually show up and help me build it, well then my prayers have been answered.

You summed up what I meant in this one little sentence. Prayers are thoughts, so I think.

When our thoughts tap into this deep deep feeling of wanting something done, often times, it does happen. Things fall in place and voila, thoughts do become things.

Now imagine deep deep feelings of fear, destruction and death, not by one individual but millions and by the time we get to December next year, most probably billions...that is what I am saying, is scary.

Bad Santa?
It's a "must watch" every year !!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Now imagine deep deep feelings of fear, destruction and death, not by one individual but millions and by the time we get to December next year, most probably billions...that is what I am saying, is scary.

Nah. Just another Chicken Little--"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
"Now Little. You know it was only a pine cone that fell on your head. Stop exaggerating. Stop riling everyone up."

PS-- My favorite scene is 'Ass Clown' in the parking lot. "Are you off your meds?"
"Yes... but that is not why I am doing this." ROFLMAO

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
"Millions" of people don't believe 2012 is the end. Maybe a few thousand, if you inflate the numbers. Numbers in the "millions" are reserved for far less important questions like the ones posed on Jersey Shore -- and in this case I suppose that's a good thing, since 2012 is just another year and nothing particularly important is likely to happen, at least nothing like what the Doomers wish for.

There will be no apocalypse next year, and there will be no revolution next year. There will only be the continued slide of our species into a totalitarian nightmare brought on by the perfect storm of popular ignorance and the will to power of those in authority. As usual, the sensationalist warnings of global catastrophe will be as wrong as ever, and meanwhile the right warnings -- of political unrest, food shortages, corruption, heartless rulers and the tyranny of the global elite -- will go unheeded because they are so "dull."

People will continue giving a crap about terrible, talentless hacks on the TV; they will worry about smudgy people with funny hats for no sensible reason; then will report one another to the authorities for nothing at all; and they will give up as much freedom as they can possibly let go of in a calendar year without getting anything but empty promises in return.

Our politicians will go on lying as they always have, our local governments will keep going broke, the national government will keep selling us out, and nobody will notice or care, much less do anything about it. If there was to be an apocalypse next year, I'm sure the Cosmos would cancel it just to watch the hilarious show we're making of stringing ourselves up for slaughter. So, I think it's a bit too optimistic to start thinking about an apocalypse next year.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

I have randomly asked about 100 people in the last few months,"whats suppose to happen in 2012"? and around 80 of them said,"the end of the world",so yeah,millions of people do think the world might end in 2012...

edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The lack of scientific validity to this "poll" is mind-boggling.

A) A sample of 100 people who are at least passingly familiar with a doomsday guy from ATS is not a scientifically valid representation of the global population, or even the population of your city. If they are people from various cities, then it is even less meaningful.

B) That people readily associate "2012" with the "End of the World" only means there is a popular association between the two, among those you asked about it, not that such an associate exists among "millions."

C) Furthermore, It doesn't mean they believe it is true or in any rational sense expect it to actually happen, only that Apocalypse is one of the most often associated ideas with 2012.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Its not like i went around and asked a bunch of ants or dogs that question,"whats suppose to happen in 2012"? and i didnt pre-select any people either,they were the cashiers at the stores i'd happen to be at,or the people at dunkin doughnuts drive throughs,or at the movie theater,or at work,people and places like that spread out within about 5 or 6 different towns around here and the first thing damn close to 80% of them said was "the worlds gonna end"...take it for what it means,thats a lot of negative vibrations and negative psychic energies being directed at one specific time and event,the end of the world sometime in 2012,more than ever before...

edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

"Thoughts become things" isn't just a stupid slogan.

We can't turn one hair white or black. If I think of building a house and then go build it, thats how thoughts become things. No matter how many friends an I get together and pray that it builds itself, it's just not going to hasppen. All thoughts require a little elbow grease in order to manifest. If my friends actually show up and help me build it, well then my prayers have been answered.

By the way Bad Santa is one of my favorites.

That's the premise behind the video "The Secret" only there, some ethers mystically become focused because of those visions when in reality, it's our own subconscious making the conditions fertile so they happen.
edit on 12-12-2011 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hello

Its been quite interesting following this thread.

I think that the movie 2012 did alot to raise the publicity about the 2012 doomsday debate but I believe what is holding people back from really accepting the argument for a 2012 doomsday is the amount of false prophecies and false prophets.

We all remember the year 2000 and the Y2K issue. Now we have 2012 and the Mayas and as soon as the year 2012 passes it will be another target date probably 2018 or beyond.

I do believe something will happen in 2012 but something more sinister than the typical 2012 doomsday argument. For those who are interested i recommened you go to

www.globalreport2010.com...

and when you get in look for the free report on the False Date Setters it will provide some great context around the whole 2012 date setting and false prophecies but with a twist about how the government can take advantage of the paranoia that a date like December 21st 2012 can bring.

Thanks

Kev

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Millions of people thinking and concentrating on the End of the World...will no more bring it to fulfillment...

than millions of horny,pubescent, young men will make Playboy Bunnies and PentHouse Pets magically appear.

Folks have been looking for the end a long, long time. Ironically, it is when we stop looking that it is most likely to happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by akushla99

Are you saying that i should be narrow minded and should only think about one thing? Like start one thread about one thing and then never ever think of another subject to thread and think about..

Scientists and physicists have lots of "different" theories and ideas...so do i...so what...whats it to ya?

You can think about anything you want to. You just can't hold out all your ideas as true if they contradict one another. While Scientists and physicists have lots of "different" theories, I don't think there is any one Scientist or physicist that hold several contradicting theories. In order to have one as true, you kinda have to give up on the others. But since you are neither a scientist or physicist, carry on.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Thats funny i was thinking about those walking talking barbie doll women just the other night and the following afternoon,guess what happened? I walked out side to go to my car and and as i looked up i saw a car parked right out in front of the house,a car i never saw before that had a flat tire and the driver got out and called me over asking for help and i'll give you one guess who it was? thats right,you guessed it,a walking talking barbie doll.Who was so stuck up and high on herself she actually gave me an additude,saying how she was in a hurry,that i told her i didnt know how to change a flat tire,i just walked away and left her there cursing her tire that she was totally and completely clue less how to fix.I got in my car and drove away with master of puppets blaring on the radio...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think your theory is as good as any and I like the ring it makes.

I think the 2012 thing is ballyhoo. Sure, something could happen, but it would one of the very few times that soothsayers are right. My gut tells me that it'll be just like any other prediction of world catastrophe. 2013 will come around and we'll all try to move on. Many are going to feel real stupid when it doesn't happen. For example, I thought the world was ending in 2001. It didn't. I felt worthless. Maybe it was necessary for me to finally shed my christian faith. But I don't feel too much better even 10 years post 2001. I still feel incompetent and not worth my weight.

Look... All of us humans... We're insignificant. Imagine the letter 'o' (lowercase and a tiny tiny bit larger... as I see it on my monitor) about 60 feet from a soccer ball. The soccer ball is the sun. The 'o' is the earth. Now imagine the 'o' revolving around the soccer ball at about 60 feet distance. These're rough, but accurate enough estimations of scale. Now keep in mind that the sun is beaming energy equivalent to what we receive 60 feet away in ALL directions. Now picture yourself, a puny human, on the surface of the 'o'. That makes you small, doesn't it? When you go outside, you can feel the heat of the sun when it hits you. Isn't that amazing? What fraction are we compared to an 'o'? Can you imagine seeing yourself on this -> o ? And keeping in mind that the suns energy has to pass through our atmosphere and lose some of its energy before we feel its warmth, there's a lot of energy packed in that tiny cosmic ray.

Some people don't like to believe they're insignificant. So they created religion. Or they created a very proud human-centered perspective on the universe. Or an elaborate spiritualism.

Some people bury themselves in a subject or way of life to feel meaningful.

Me, for example, I believe AI and changing technology is larger news.

What if 2012 IS the END? Well? What if Santa Claus is real? What if the moon is spaghetti?

And we all do this. Even I do it. There's no way around it. Life is a bitch. Peace and love.

Some music: search "Vangelis - Elsewhere" on youtube.

And then... some music that's less abstract, more restrained, more pragmatic:

edit on 19-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join