It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another look at shamans,medicine men and scientists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I enjoyed the recent post by sylvie and feel it had an awful lot to offer us. The interest it attracted shows its was beneficial to many. On the other hand, I would like to add another angle to what has been said. This angle, affects many masters, in the sense that if they were born at all it was in one country and culture in particular.
Its easy to honour any culture as holding great knowledge, I feel that is a completely misguided view. Firstly, if my grandfather was a scientist who uncovered many mind boggling truths, that doesn’t make me a holder of this truth. Nor anybody from my town,city,country or culture. This applies to all trades and professions, mystics, or any name you wish to mention.
What does this mean? For me it points to the fact, that to believe otherwise would be childish and unwise. We have to tread carefully in our search for any truth. Even as much, to consider that we may not always be up to standard to understand the truth. Its a slow process, where at least on the temporal level we must shed skins and update our views regularly.
So to give a few examples of what I am trying to say, I will start of with one of the biggest. Jesus, in Spain for instance we have millions of believers in Christ. Now was he Spanish? Or related to the Spanish culture? I don’t think so. None the less, what he apparently taught is valued by people of a different culture. Not only that but they have plenty of preachers, apparently spreading his word. So should we say? This is foreign and not of our culture therefore it is not beneficial to us. Or should we investigate these teaching and those who preach? Should we follow blindly and say of course these preachers would not lie to us. Or should we consider that maybe, these priests hold a very distorted version of his teachings?
All teaching have spread from one region to another, its always been that way. Most of our medical knowledge that the ancient Greeks created, reached our modern world thanks to the translations of the Arabs. Should I leave Taoism behind, because its did not originate in my culture. Should I ignore what the ancient Indian Vedas left behind, simply because I am not from India.? Should I follow what the Europeans say just because my forefathers where from there? I doubt it. So why would you believe or want to even listen to any information from a foreigner ?
I offer this view, no matter what the colour of skin or the source from where any information comes from. We initially show interest in the subject, be we are seeking to know more. Its a risky process as there is no way of knowing in a quick and easy way, what we are stepping in to. But who said, we had to do it blindfolded and in a rush. We don’t have to join any cults to find out the truth. We can simply discover the truth, its most certainly are birthright. The same way as its our birthright to be surrounded in lies. That’s part of our freedom. The truth is owned by no tribe only each tribe has their own path of walking towards it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I think you are right with these wise words. It is all a matter of perception and finding the truth can be tricky sometimes. On another hand, it is so worthy when it is learned through experience. It is what I call the "hard way" but how better we feel once it is embed.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I agree. There are plenty of frauds in every category from mechanics to shamans. And the people I know who I would regard as the closest thing to a Shaman in this area would not title themselves normally. They believe that it is a life long pursuit.

BUT

Being involved with the Metaphysical community and the way our society works, I do see people having to use titles or labels to show credibility. They do this as a business and need to let people know what they do. Unfortunately there are others who grab these labels and use them in the wrong fashion or are uneducated with what they mean. Throwing around Shaman, Life Coach, Spiritual Counselor, etc...

I guess in the end, just like everything else in life, you go with your gut(intuition). We all seem to be waking up and becoming more aware so if we are touched by someone and resonate with the message, does it matter who they are affiliated with or who trained them?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well-written points to ponder by a deep thinker.

I choose Christ but I love my earth-brothers and sisters all. I learn a lot from folk of many different faiths and beliefs. We all have stuff to teach each other.

In my belief system the Bereans were considered noble because they didn't just believe the word as it was preached but serched the scriptures diligently themselves to make their decision.

Vey fine reading my friend.

top topics

join