It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this possibly be skin cancer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I know ATS is the last place i should be seeking medical advice but i want to know if anyone has seen anything like this before. I had a discoloration on my forearm for a while then out of know where it got really sore and started to change color here are a couple pictures of the change in color. I do not currently have insurance to go see a doctor, just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or info to what this could be.

s1212.photobucket.com...

s1212.photobucket.com...#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1212.photobu cket.com%2Falbums%2Fcc442%2Fjmoore038625%2Fskin%2520cancer%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dcid__IMG_6293.jpg
edit on 9-12-2011 by oneness86 because: 2 of the same picture changed 1 of them

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

Looks a lot more like an alien microchip implant scar.

Actually, I have one of them on my otherwise perfect body
so Im watching for answers...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Which picture is the most recent one taken?

Is the ulceration the most recent one?

How long has this been present?
edit on 9-12-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I had something similar to that, and it went away after 2 weeks
by rubbing dettol cream into it every day.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

The darker picture is the most recent it seems to be changing quickly

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

As someone who has had skin cancer, no it does not look like cancer ......it looks like an ulcer.

Was there a mole there before?.......if there was, then ignore the above and get it checked out PDQ.......In fact you should get it checked out any way!

crazy arse country that doesn't allow it's citizens free medical treatment for the taxes paid

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I've had skin problems all my life, but that does not make me an expert by no means. I would try some 1% hydrocortisone. If you don't see an improvement in a week, then I would advise you to check with a dermatologist. One percent hydrocortisone is and over the counter medication. I like the cream myself but you can get it in an ointment as well. A common brand name is Cortisone 10, but you can get generics that work as well.
Hope this helps.
BJ

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Have you been picking at it at all, or did it ulcerate on its own?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
fourpointsdermatology.com...

The "ABCDE" of skin cancer detection. The golden rule.

A- Asymmetry:
Normal moles or freckles are completely symmetrical. If you were to draw a line through a normal spot, you would have two symmetrical halves. In cases of skin cancer, spots will not look the same on both sides.

B- Border:
A mole or spot with blurry and/or jagged edges.

C- Color:
A mole that is more than one hue is suspicious and needs to be evaluated by a doctor. Normal spots are usually one color. This can include lightening or darkening of the mole.

D- Diameter:
If it is larger than a pencil eraser (about 1/4 inch or 6mm), it needs to be examined by a doctor. This is includes areas that do not have any other abnormalities (color, border, asymmetry).

E- Elevation:
Elevation means the mole is raised above the surface and has an uneven surface.

Based on the picture, your "lesion" seems to match at least 4 out of the 5 warning signs. I would suggest seeing a doctor. It sucks not having insurance. Move to France, they have free health care for all citizens and some of the bets doctors in the world. You can literally walk into a clinic and have an MRI done for free and walk out within 20 minutes of entering with your full results. Here in America, MRI's cost $500-$2,000 to perform and may take weeks or months to be accepted by insurance. I'm going off topic though, sorry. Just stating a point.

edit on 9-12-2011 by WP4YT because: formatting

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

As someone who has had skin cancer, no it does not look like cancer ......it looks like an ulcer.

Was there a mole there before?.......if there was, then ignore the above and get it checked out PDQ.......In fact you should get it checked out any way!

crazy arse country that doesn't allow it's citizens free medical treatment for the taxes paid

I agree it doesn't look like cancer. I too have had my share of those little buggers. Also most of mine have been in spots where I get the most sun and not on the "bottom" of the upper arm. It looks a lot like eczema or psoriasis, and that can be somewhat controlled with the hydrocortisone. Still, your and my advise to see a doc still holds if he doesn't see a quick improvement.
BJ

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There is a thread titled - I am a nurse ask me questions or something similar on Above Top Secret. Let them have a look. I hope it is not serious.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

you have death skin already and ulceration, it can be many things no just cancer, bug bites can do that too, the only thing I can tell you is that you need to go to your health department and see a doctor or a nurse practitioner, perhaps they will be able to help diagnose what is in your skin.

Death skin and ulceration from any reason is not a good sign, infection can set in.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I do not know what city you are in, but in a lot of American cities these days,some of the local churches have medical clinics that provide medical services on a sliding fee scale.

Just Google this type of clinic and you might be surprised with what you find.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It looks like a Brown Recluse spider bite to me.

BROWN RECLUSE

BTW don't scroll down that link and look at those pictures if you're easily grossed out.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This link show how different skin cancers look like, as you can see yours looks more like skin ulcer than skin cancer, but like I said you need a doctor or nurse to diagnose the skin problem you have, the sooner the better.

cancer.about.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Any sore on the skin which does not resolve on its own, or has ulcerated without you picking at it or it being otherwise irritated by something, should be looked at by a doctor.

www.medicinenet.com...

There is a possibility it could be a pre-cancerous lesion. I know you don't have insurance but it has to be evaluated by a physician!! Don't delay.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Keep with your very first opening line...... this is the last place.....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 9-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Doesn't look like any skin cancer I've ever seen-family member had it and out of concern for my pale skin I've done research. Appears more as an injury or bite. Ointment, may help. Though, as it's hard to tell online to give an opinion, and especially If it persists or hurts really bad I'd suggest help from a low income or free clinic.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
Hello everyone,

I know ATS is the last place i should be seeking medical advice but i want to know if anyone has seen anything like this before. I had a discoloration on my forearm for a while then out of know where it got really sore and started to change color here are a couple pictures of the change in color. I do not currently have insurance to go see a doctor, just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or info to what this could be.

s1212.photobucket.com...¤t=cid__IMG_6293.jpg

s1212.photobucket.com...¤t=cid__IMG_8012.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1212.photobucket. com%2Falbums%2Fcc442%2Fjmoore038625%2Fskin%2520cancer%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dcid__IMG_6293.jpg
edit on 9-12-2011 by oneness86 because: 2 of the same picture changed 1 of them

Just a quick word. Sorry to hear you have no Insurance, but there is no way anyone could determine what this was without a much better history and close observation as well as possible tissue samples and or cultures.
this could be anything from certain types of skin cancers, or diseases, all the way to a highly specialized and local infection--to nothing more than a simple infection.
Keep in mind, any time there is a change in a skin discoloration or mole it needs quick attention.
when there is ulceration it lends itself to very close scrutiny.
I would not advise using cortisone preparations on this initially. If you do have an issue such as a cancer forming it may reduce inflammation, but your situation would not have improved; It would only be masked. Also if you decide then to go to a Dr. He may not be seeing it as it should be since some inflammation has been masked by the cortisone creams....
so rather than mask it, Keep it clean, and watch it very closely. If it shows no evidence of healing after a short time.....
, you need to get yourself to a Dr pronto. If you were insured I would tell you to do so right now, not waiting. Problem is, not having insurance is a dilemma for many right now. Even our elderly are having to choose between food and their life saving prescriptions due to this economy.
If there is no improvement it needs to be seen. I would rather end up owing a Dr 500 bucks and be alive, than owe nothing and discover myself at serious risk.
Just like the RN that posted a thread offering advice but no diagnosis I do the same now.
My advice: better to be a little in debt to a Dr. than not be in debt and somewhat less than alive.
If after a short time....no improvement, or it gets worse. Get seen.
There is truly no way to tell what this is by looking at the pics.
DH RN

top topics

<<   2 >>

join