It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Bush administration reacted with ‘glee’ after 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul said Thursday that President George W. Bush’s administration was actually happy after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2011.
Speaking to about 1,000 students on the Iowa State Campus in Ames, Iowa, Paul explained that the Bush administration was eager to capitalize on the attacks.
“Think of what happened after 9/11, the minute before there was any assessment, there was glee in the administration because now we can invade Iraq, and so the war drums beat,” Paul told the crowd, according to Politico. “That’s exactly what they’re doing now with Iran.”

www.rawstory.com...

I am by no means a Ron Paul supporter however he is correct in his statment Bush adminastration couldnt wait to get to war , funny how they had everything ready so fast.
What is your take on Ron Paul comment?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me. Don't forget Ron Paul actually works in Congress and he gets to do one thing we do not: He sees what other politicians do behind the scenes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul said Thursday that President George W. Bush’s administration was actually happy after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2011.
Speaking to about 1,000 students on the Iowa State Campus in Ames, Iowa, Paul explained that the Bush administration was eager to capitalize on the attacks.
“Think of what happened after 9/11, the minute before there was any assessment, there was glee in the administration because now we can invade Iraq, and so the war drums beat,” Paul told the crowd, according to Politico. “That’s exactly what they’re doing now with Iran.”

www.rawstory.com...

I am by no means a Ron Paul supporter however he is correct in his statment Bush adminastration couldnt wait to get to war , funny how they had everything ready so fast.
What is your take on Ron Paul comment?

He'll be called all kinds of names for his word choice of course, because you have to be careful what you say in this land of restricted first-amendment rights. He might offend someone, after all.

But in the end, he is 100% correct. I don't think the WTC fires were out before W announced the Iraq invasion which happened something like a week later. Logistical miracle if you ask me.

edit on 9-12-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Why not hear his response to that very question? Skip to 5:18

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And once again, Ron is the ONLY candidate not afraid to speak the truth.

This man has more integrity and balls than anyone else on the ticket and that speaks volumes.

Truth and not popularity is what the US needs right now and Ron delivers it.

I don't see anyone else speaking out against the oncoming Police State with such force, passion and conviction. So the question remains,

Why vote for anyone else?

edit on 9-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What else would you expect!
Skull and Bones buddy!
Skull and Bones...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I just don't understand this fascination with Ron Paul. I actually liked him until I started listening to him.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

I just don't understand this fascination with Ron Paul. I actually liked him until I started listening to him.

He's certainly not a good speaker. And he's not good at debating. But when it comes to the core issues, he's always right. And he is a very intelligent man. We need a president like that.

It's unfortunate that Americans have become so superficial and decadent to not care about issues or who is consistently correct in their stances. No, rather Americans would rather elect someone who is a good speaker (even if they are a habitual liar) or someone who is good looking and young. Just look at Obama.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This just shows that ron paul is anti establishment even when it comes to 9/11. Sure he's not waving a "9/11 was an inside job" sign around but he gets a similarly scathing remark out while also sounding intelligent and unique about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I heard Rumsfeld brought the Iraq folder to the first cabinet meeting after 9/11!!
That maniac was willing to skip right over Afghanastan!
Truth hurts them!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Sounded like she was probing for him posing the idea of running independent if no GOP nomination also. like this guy here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

RON PAUL ROCKS...

GET YOUR OWN BACK ON BUSH...

www.funny-games.biz... (DRAG BUSH USING YOUR MOUSE)

edit on 9-12-2011 by neotech1neothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

Oh dude the media has been asking him that for weeks now. It seems like every other interview I see, they ask "So, are you going to run as an Independent?". They always love to bring up how "Some people say that if you do run as an independent, that will split the vote and guarantee Barack Obama the win."

It seems to me like they're hammering the idea in that if you don't buy into the two party system and vote for one of the puppet candidates, the outcome will be bad.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Of course...

Especially since it happened the day after the missing pentagon money was talked about. Ah, how convenient.
Rumsfeld 2.3 Trillion Dollars missing Pentagon 1 DAY before 911 (

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I'm sure Dick Cheney was jumping with joy, Halliburton made tons of cash from operating in the Middle East. How convenient.....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

I'm curious - was it just his manner of speech that turned you off, since I'd assume the policies themselves don't if you liked him previously?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

It doesn't matter really how I percieve Ron Paul. I listened to him on his view of Iran. I think he is a bit naive, just like Obama. Obama thought he could sit down with the extremists and change their mind. He tried and failed. Iran does matter and the weapons they have will have an inpact on the U.S. I also do not want to see Obama re-elected but I see it happening simply because of his speaking ability.. Everybody says he is brilliant but I have yet to see it and I am afraid he wil be elected because of his speaking ability. It appears that the county is becoming less fascinated with Obama's eloquence and is actually interested in solutions instead of promises. The closer we come to the election, the more Obama will make promises to an even wider audience without realistic solutions. More class war speeches. It is going to come down to the debates. I think there is only one candidate that can stand up to Obama's speeches in an ongoing debate and Ron Paul is not the one. I agree with some things Ron Paul believes, I truly do, but I think he is dangerous on the international front. I like his ideas on the Fed and his belief in the consitution however, for international events, again, I believe he is lacking in foreign understanding. On the constitutional issues, I basically agree with him.

I would like to see Ron Paul campaign as an independent. I do not believe such a move would split the conservatives. I see more Liberals interested in Ron Paul because they are young and have less experience in reality. To me, that indicates the Democratic Party. I am fairly sure Paul would split the democratic vote and assure a conservative election.

I have tried to present a clear explanation but I am sure, it will be tried here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

What weapons might that be?
Should we listen to the war-mongers and believe them?
They lied about WMD in Iraq.
Why in hell would you believe them now?
Who's being naive?

And why do people feel just because of RP's views that he would not be a good Commander-In-Chief? I'm sure if we had a real threat, he would get approval from Congress and kick the crap out of Iran and not bog us down in years of occupation like will happen if Obama gets his way.

We used to call the Native Americans savages!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Obama already made promises that he broke, major ones. Yeah, he's a smooth talker, excellent debater, but neither of those characteristics necessarily make a good President. I hope by now the American people have learned this. Obama has proven this to us, and let us hope that he does not get us into a major war (with declaration) effectively locking in his second term. We learned from electing Bush twice that it was a huge mistake.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on... You, America!

Oh, and of course more unfiltered truth from Ron Paul's mouth comes forth. If you don't see it now, there's almost no hope for ya. Sorry. Go ahead and support the Grinch or something, see how well that plays out.

Oh! On topic... Yes, of course the Bush admin. was excited when 9/11 happened. Their plan was executed perfectly! Well almost, that WTC building #7 didn't exactly go as planned...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I keep seeing these posts saying something like "I'm by no means a Ron Paul supporter, but [man do I agree with him on most issues]"... How the hell does that make any sense? Would you rather see Obama or Newt Gingrich in office? Jebus! I can't tell what would be worse for this country, and indeed the world! I might be able to understand this stance if we had a guy like Kucinich running for POTUS, but until then, Paul is the only logical choice for the informed to even BRIEFLY consider.

Edit to be on topic: Of course there was "glee" in the administration's expressions after the events of 9/11. They saw a chance to further their agendas that they have been working on for decades. It matters not if they actually were the perpetrators of said events, they certainly were the profiteers. Anyone who isn't pissed about this is not informed, or is not human. (No, that wasn't a comment about "Reptillians"
)
edit on 10-12-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join