It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Twitter Election-RT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

If you want to know who will capture the GOP’s nomination for presidential candidate, it’s going to be Ron Paul.
According to the Twitterverse, at least.

The Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism mulled over more than 20 million tweets pertaining to next year’s election, and according to those micro-messages posted over the last few months to the social networking site, Ron Paul is favored most among users of the service.

Researchers with Pew examined millions of tweets made between May 2 and November 27 and weighed them to see if Twitter users posted messages that put each candidate in a positive, negative or neutral light. In the end, the results reveal that around 55 percent of the tweets about the Texas congressman were shining, while only 15 percent of the posts about the libertarian icon were viewed as negative.

rt.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Really?

How many delegates does this win him?

Zero

Move along nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Really?

Zero

I wish I had that kind of optimism...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

There is plenty to see here, Obama relied on the energetic enthusiasm of the youth to spool his popularity up. Whether you want to believe it or not, the next generation of voters grew up and are growing up on the internet.

If Ron Paul is more popular than Obama (the sitting president) on twitter, it says quite a bit.

Keep trolling Carseller4, I'm onto you.
edit on 9-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Looks like Ron Paul has the younger voters over on his side. Twitter doesn't say everything though, the majority of older voters aren't on twitter really.

If only voting was done on Twitter and ATS...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Really?

Zero

Maybe not, but it does show how the "internet generation" supports Ron Paul. The internet generation is the future of America. When the baby boomers are collecting dust underground, the internet generation will be left and will be in power.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The thing is, I feel like a lot of the supporters showing in online polls aren't registered voters. That is the key, is who is going to show up to vote at the polls. I don't know the exact statistics, but I know a very large majority of people 18-29 do not vote at all. Time will tell...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
twitter is not a scientific poll...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
twitter is not a scientific poll...

Twitter itself, no, it's a social networking site. But, the poll of information, is in fact, a scientific poll by definition.
Poll-a sampling or collection of opinions on a subject, taken from either a selected or a random group of persons, as for the purpose of analysis.

Science-a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws:

Your statement is therefore, false...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Twitter: A social network that doesn't check validity of email addresses... I can set up 2000 fake accounts in the matter of an hour...

how is that poll ACCURATE at all...

hes not gonna win... support a candidate who is.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well if twitter says he wins...we should just cancel the elections

He is still under 10% in the national polls.

Please don't cry fraud when he loses.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It sucks... he may be the reason obama stays in the white house.....

just like Ross Perot....

smells awfully similar

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Twitter: A social network that doesn't check validity of email addresses... I can set up 2000 fake accounts in the matter of an hour...

how is that poll ACCURATE at all...

hes not gonna win... support a candidate who is.

That's a baseless claim. Did you read the article? It wasn't a voting poll, it was a gathering of information from current members regarding their tweets about GOP candidates over a period of time. So, people would not have even been aware this was taking place! Your point is irrelevant.

Isn't just supporting who is "going to win" a big part of what is wrong today? Why side with someone who will be a 'winner', rather than someone with honesty and integrity? I do not understand this logic. Ron Paul gets my vote no matter what, I will write him in if he does not get the nomination. It's time people quit voting for who the TV tells them to.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Well if twitter says he wins...we should just cancel the elections

He is still under 10% in the national polls.

Please don't cry fraud when he loses.

I really wish that were the case

He is gaining ground and I was just showing that. I thought it had at least a little significance...

Who else is there to vote for? Obama? Romney? Gingrich? No thanks. They are supported by the same people and bought out by the same team players every election.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Ron Paul supporters have been claiming "he is gaining ground" for the past year.

But his polling in national polls is FLAT.

You do realize, that if Ron Paul wins the republican nomination...all those evil corporations that you say are financing the other candidates will start financing Ron Paul....right???

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

it really is funny how much you think you know.

I mean...this IS a thread about Twitter and Ron Paul right? what does national polls have anything to do with Twitter? He won the Twitter presidential popularity contest, period.

Nobody is claiming Twitter is the be all end all but Ron Paul being the most popular candidate on that platform does show he is gaining in the social networking realm. You'll never see a Twitter user being polled or surveyed (no landlines, no long history of party affiliation) but some do get out and vote.

But

You seriously need to calm down, you look like a chicken running around with it's head cut off whenever somebody posts a poll where Ron receives more than 10%, you seem desperate to put him down, its rather obvious.
edit on 10-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

its also easier to "retweet" then to actually go out and vote....

top topics

join