It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I've been thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Those that "HAVE" a life... such as going to College, having a family that cares about them and although perhaps being an arsehole family or not being one genuinely cares about that persons well being. Is proud of them. Has brought them up to be independent and strong busy bodies. Well when your on the net, you don't have that kind of family, you can't go to College because you never were a "SCHOOL" person who made straight As and could get by easy in school or you couldn't or wouldn't be able to study because the stress was too much for you or you even couldn't "PAY" the loans for College or get your parents to do... ect. ect. blah blah blah you get the picture by now I am sure. It sucks "PERIOD" and all you can do is try to smile and say you "CAN" do it. While the other people who are lucky and have offers ((I have had one from mine but I did have issues with school so yeah.)) and are lucky to even get into College and stay there seem to have more friends and a better quality of life and seem to not care about anyone but them and not put out time for others that much. Well yeah... I've been noticing those types of people can't afford to care about anyone else. But some times I wonder if they could make the effort a bit more. An example... I work a part time job that pays #ty for my grandparents just to make money to get by. I wanna get a job but the pressure is so much and I don't know where to apply to that much now anyways because I know my family wouldn't want to be driving me to work everyday and one they will be gone and dead some day. I am under pressure to get out on my own and although I vent and talk about it I dunno how to put action into the situation because "NO" one wants to break their bubbles and if they do and could they would and its just this place is a mess. What do you do when your forced with little options and you can barely have the strength to go exercising let alone do chores because your taking care of a bi polar mother and your grandparents aren't helping any and wont even make the decency to call the doctors repeatedly to put her in the hospital so they can keep the community hushed about the situation. Man... I am just saying I wish people could learn to throw this to the side and just start helping people... or at the least make about ten minutes for that special some one you care about and make them feel good. I dunno... I do it all the time.... and I just am worn out. Sometime I don't know if I should quit or not. I wish I could. Rant over.... I just wanted to get this off my chest.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Rishiana because: Spelling error

edit on 9-12-2011 by Rishiana because: More info needed.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Rishiana because: More info needed.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Rishiana because: Had to erase a word.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There's a lot of reasons people have more than other, and other people's lives are better quality than the people that scrap by.

If you could look at all those reasons at a distance, you'd see that there is a shortage of luck.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Heh tell me about it. My friend who I think is a back stabber now grew up pretty unlucky. I don't know if it was true or not or if she lied but she was a pretty blue eyed blond. She would always talk to a counselor about her grandma and how controling she was and how she would make her work long hours doing chores and how she couldn't talk to people on the net or do this or that. Well eventually one day our friend introduces her to this guy Steven. Well they eventually get together and she moves in with him pretty quickly. They have been together ever since. She wooed his dad somehow and helped out with the family so much she now has a job, a bf who drives her there, a dad who picks them up and even has the house in her name instead of his biological daughters name.... and to boot they have maybe two thousand or more it seems dollars worth of technology and games in that house. Crazy thing is.... she doesn't like games, she hates anime... and thats what her bf is into. But they are engaged to get married.... I am shocked they are even still together right now. She has tons of friends and her grandma disowned her. She has stress about bills ect. but she seems to scrape by and her dad lets her do whatever she wants as long as its not going to get him in trouble or harm her. I mean she tells him "EVERYTHING!!!!" I can't even do that with my own parents. My entire family I am waking up to now doesn't give a # about me and my mom and I hardly have anywheres stable to turn. I mean if I leave with just the # on my back I don't know if I could even live a street life I've been so sheltered. So yeah.... I know what you mean about luck. Luck is almost completely nonexistent these days it seems.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Rishiana because: Made an error in wording.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Rishiana because: Another wording error.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You covered a lot in your post. Probably feel good getting off your chest, Nothing wrong with that! You did it in a healthy and constructive way

Keep trying like you seem to be and you'll see more and more things going your way. It might take a while and seem damn slow sometimes. The important thing is keep strokin'!
Stay positive, help other people and do the right thing. positive energy gets positive results.
edit on 9-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Hey thanks and I do really feel better about it. It was depressing me and bugging me and I just had to let it lose in a positive way and I hope someone got something out of it. Thanks for the reply and encouragement ^_^

new topics

join