It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Policy Essay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello, so i am currently writing about how our foreign policy as in US foreign policy is completely messed up and how it is affecting not only us at home but around the world for the worse. Ive already used plenty of MSM sources but im looking for everyday people and their views on it. Im pretty much finished but I am looking at the reasons why you guys think its wrong or why even you guys think were doing good with our foreign policy. Say whatever you like from big businesses running our govt to the fed reserve, to the unconstitutional wars or the helping of the EU bailouts. I would really appreciate any input as to why our government runs the way it does. I have a general idea but i would like to learn specific reasons and instances where we completely messed up. FYI this is my first big post. I hope you guys like it and I hope im not doing anything wrong?
thank you

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

For starters, we've been at war for practically a century. We always find excuses to go to war. Another problem is that many politicians conveniently profit from wars, like Dick Cheney being the CEO of Halliburton. Then there is the war propaganda used to fuel wars. Also the innocent civilians that get killed. Then when people expose this, they get thrown into jail like Bradley Manning.

I say why even fight wars? We're not neanderthals, we're not a bunch of apes that can only communicate through violence. We're human beings who have the technology and ability to communicate with anybody on the world, why not use that and resolve issues through talking? How is it seen as a normal, functioning aspect of society to give people guns and have them kill each other because the politicians say so?

Why aren't the politicians the ones picking up a gun and manning the front lines? Why aren't their kids and relatives the ones being killed? What the hell is wrong with the world, people just kill each other by the thousands and that's OK? Don't get me wrong, there are some military conflicts that are justified, like with maniacs like Hitler who are killing people by the millions, but nowadays we don't even declare wars! It's insane!

War should be only an absolute necessity, when humanity is facing imminent danger and violence is the only possible answer. Finding reasons to fight wars and get people killed while people rake in millions of dollars is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
look into the insider trading exemption for those in government.

this is where they fore-go public responsibility to make $ for themselves at the citizens expense via regulating in favour of corporate demands, usually to the detriment of the people and country (lifestyle, medication, environment, security, freedom).

this also negates any justice/rule of law,
by allowing one set of laws for you, and another set of laws for 'other' citizens.
without justice you have nothing.

new topics

join