It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty of a Woman [WTB]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am a woman.

I do not look, talk, dress, or act like a girl.

I do not want to look, talk, dress, or act like a girl.

My hair is dark brown. I do not bleach it or process it. It is, at times, unruly and frizzy. But, it flies in the wind. It looks nice when I braid it. When it turns white, I will not dye it, for that color will represent that I have lived a long life and now have a token of that wisdom atop my head.

My face is not made up. I don't have the luxury of looking Photoshopped when I walk down the street. My features are just the way they are, and no amount of makeup will magically make me pretty. Besides, I don't have time to "put on my face" just so other people can look at me for two seconds longer, wondering what kind of chemicals I used to artificially tint my skin.

My skin is not smooth or perfect. I am not airbrushed. I have spots and dots and bruises and scars. My scars all have pretty good stories. I have wrinkles. The ones around my eyes are from uproarious laughter. The ones around my mouth are from smiling at people. The ones on my forehead are from problem-solving and thinking and worrying about loved ones.

My biceps are not thin and shapely. They are muscular from carrying children and 40lb bags of dog food and carrying 80lbs of groceries into the house all at once so I don't have to make another trip out into the cold.

My hands are not soft or perfectly manicured. They are dry because I do dishes in hot water, wash my hands frequently to avoid spreading germs to others, and forget to put lotion on them. My fingernails are short and unpainted because, really, I don't like long fingernails and I don't care to take the time to paint them.

My shoulders are not narrow or bony. They are generous and soft and perfect to comfort people. I hold them straight and stand up tall because I am glad to be me.

My breasts are what they are. They are perfect for me. If they get saggy and wrinkled when I am old, I will not replace them with implants. They will have done their job by nourishing my babies, providing a soft pillow for my toddlers, and a place for my children to cry as they tell me their sorrows. When I die, I would rather people say,"We will miss her deeply and always remember her warm hugs." than have them say, "Well, she's dead. We will miss her perky bust."

My stomach is not perfectly flat, my abs are not etched in stone. I don't have time to do 1,000 crunches per day just to show other people that I have a flat stomach. I have stretchmarks from carrying my children and weird lumps in weird places. But, those children were definitely worth it.

My hips are not thin or small. They are curvy and soft and womanly. They are perfect for carrying children upon and perfect for closing doors when my hands are otherwise occupied. They are also perfect for bumping people out of my way when I want to reach something first.

My legs are not long or elegant or perfectly toned. They are strong and take me where I want to go. I can jump and I can skip and I can dance and I like them.

My feet are not small or adorned. They are plain and unpainted and covered in sensible shoes. They are perfect for pirouettes and sneaking up on people and standing perfectly still as I watch something amazing happen.

I am a woman.

I am perfect.

I am beautiful.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Very nice! Starred.

I am a Man.

edit on 9-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

wow baby....you are hot !

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by ottobot

It's nice to see someone who is happy the way they are and not feeling ashamed of themselves because of how our culture makes us think we need to be "perfect", as defined by their rules.

Good for you

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have never heard someone express him/herself the way you did. Thank you for reflecting the love you have for yourself, for it has made me love myself just the same.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You are a rare find indeed. You actually get up out of a chair and do something, anything. Never mind productive something, anything. Stunning.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I like the OP because she accepts herself as a beautiful unique person, she is being true to herself. That is the key to confidence.

There are almost 7 billion people in the world. So many women are trying to be somebody else, trying to fit into a certain image. Confidence comes from believing in yourself, so how can you believe in yourself if your trying to be somebody else? your basically taking away everything that makes you unique, and so your not being honest with yourself.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
Reply to post by ottobot

It's nice to see someone who is happy the way they are and not feeling ashamed of themselves because of how our culture makes us think we need to be "perfect", as defined by their rules.

Good for you

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

And good for you, for you are also perfect. Just as you are.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor
I have never heard someone express him/herself the way you did. Thank you for reflecting the love you have for yourself, for it has made me love myself just the same.

Great! I am glad to have brought a different perspective to light for you.

Now, do not forget it. Because, you always have been and always will be beautiful. No matter what!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
You are a rare find indeed. You actually get up out of a chair and do something, anything. Never mind productive something, anything. Stunning.

Haha. Thanks? I think? I really do enjoy being active, I can't understand how anyone could want to stay inside all day when s/he could be outside playing or gardening or walking or... anything!

Thank you for your kind comments.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I like the OP because she accepts herself as a beautiful unique person, she is being true to herself. That is the key to confidence.

There are almost 7 billion people in the world. So many women are trying to be somebody else, trying to fit into a certain image. Confidence comes from believing in yourself, so how can you believe in yourself if your trying to be somebody else? your basically taking away everything that makes you unique, and so your not being honest with yourself.

Peace.

Yes, it's unfortunate that in this day and age we are all told we are not beautiful enough or smart enough or funny enough or cool enough or rich enough or talented enough... When, in reality, we are all just the way we are supposed to be.

I think confidence is owning who you are, choosing who you will be, and living as the best "you" possible.

My hope is that everyone, male or female, who reads this will understand that "flaws" are not really flaws at all. These fantastic little quirks are just what make us who we are.

Thank you for the responses and compliments.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

really beautifully written , mad props and respect sister

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoB420
reply to post by ottobot

really beautifully written , mad props and respect sister

Thank you, I appreciate your comment!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
the beauty of a woman,or a man,or anything else,is all a matter of opinion and perspective.If everyone was beautiful,no one would be beautiful,because their wouldnt be any ugly people to compare them to.just like if every one was rich,no one would be rich,because someone can only be rich,if their are poor people to compare themselves to...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
the beauty of a woman,or a man,or anything else,is all a matter of opinion and perspective.If everyone was beautiful,no one would be beautiful,because their wouldnt be any ugly people to compare them to.just like if every one was rich,no one would be rich,because someone can only be rich,if their are poor people to compare themselves to...

Indeed. Why does there need to be a comparison at all?

I prefer to see everyone as a uniquely beautiful person.

We are all beautiful in different ways, there is nothing wrong with that.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

wise , wise words right there
i really like where you're coming from

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What a wonderful thing to read first thing in the morning, thank you for the reminder to love myself today, because that is what this post is to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It is very nice to see self confidence these days. It is however, unfortunate that me must read such a great post and not see these statements as self-evident.

Your post was inspiring and true, I hope more can feel the same soon.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

"My features are just the way they are, and no amount of makeup will magically make me pretty"

Lies!

Case and point.

You see same goes for marriage. Women look all cute dolled up when we first meet them . Then after a few years of marriage they get "comfortable" and think they don't need to get all dolled up , like they did when they suckered us in to giving her the ring. Women then wonder why men go and start cheating and finding that doll they fell in "love" with . We men don't change our appearnce like women do . From begining of marriage till end. You get what you get with us , we have consistancy . Women on the other hand . Sorta "let go"

"I am a woman.

I am perfect.

I am beautiful."

lol perfect? you better add " I am sometimes dillusional"

No such thing as perfect on this planet earth . Only enhanced flaws

edit on 10-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
this should be page one on how to be a woman for teenagers. but i spose there to busy watching the kardashians and jersey shore and learning how to be vain

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join