It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Apocalypse Fears Unfounded, NASA Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

2012 Apocalypse Fears Unfounded, NASA Says

www.space.com

Despite the hoopla surrounding the dateDec. 21, 2012, the world is not at risk of coming to a halt, NASA says.

Aside from that date marking next year's winter solstice, the longest night of that year, nothing else interesting is expected.

All in all, "sleep well on Dec. 21 of next year," said astronomer Don Yeomans, manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object program office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., at a public talk yesterday (Dec. 8) about rumors of a 2012 apocalypse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So, NASA and a few astronomers are taking a hack at many people's beliefs of the "inevitable doom" of December 21st, 2012. The article goes into brief detail about certain cataclysmic events such as: Mayan calendar, Planet X, solar storms, pole shifts, and planetary alignment.

Hopefully, this will help some people be at east about the whole 2012 thing. While it is my personal belief that something will happen near this time, I myself do not think it will be something so destructive and it is nice to get some scientific proof to back it up!

www.space.com

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
2012 may not bring anything catastrophic....but I certainly don't believe it won't.. because NASA tells me to rest easy..

NASA has been known to hide truth..so why should anyone trust them?

Not saying anything will happen.. but they would be the last people I would trust with giving us the real truth.
edit on 9-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This date will come and go, and nothing will happen. The 2012 believers will forget about this date, then turn their attention to another date. They will pretty much do this until the day they die. A wasted life

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

2012 may not bring anything catastrophic....but I certainly don't believe it won't.. because NASA tells me to rest easy..

exactly, when did nasa become the all knowing? did they also know how the economy would be by then. lulz

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

"sleep well on Dec. 21 of next year,"

I could not have said it better myself.

I guess that beats the stressful alternative of going into full panic mode.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

its scary when they say nothings going on here!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Not that I trust NASA to the fullest extent either but to those saying that "Why should we believe NASA to say nothing will happen" well.. why should I believe anyone that anything will happen?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

So, NASA and a few astronomers are taking a hack at many people's beliefs of the "inevitable doom" of December 21st, 2012. The article goes into brief detail about certain cataclysmic events such as: Mayan calendar, Planet X, solar storms, pole shifts, and planetary alignment.

Hopefully, this will help some people be at east about the whole 2012 thing. While it is my personal belief that something will happen near this time, I myself do not think it will be something so destructive and it is nice to get some scientific proof to back it up!

www.space.com

The Mayan didn't say it would be the end of the world, they said it would be the dawn of a new age.

NASA can't predict that.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Not that I trust NASA to the fullest extent either but to those saying that "Why should we believe NASA to say nothing will happen" well.. why should I believe anyone that anything will happen?

Exactly the point I was trying to make..

But.. there are clues.. that things are about to change.. for those that can see the writing on the wall.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
NASA is as credible as all the doomsday-people...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The 2012 Hype brought me to this forum.
Of all the pages I read about it, this was the only one that had calm, logical arguments to refute the madness that searching for " 2012 " via Google spewed onto my screen. Fortunately, thanks in part to the more common sense approach of some of our more level headed members, I have pretty much dispensed of the notion that anything will happen on Dec 21st 2012. Niburu is not visble in the sky as a second sun, the poles have not reversed and Elenin passed without incident. I refuse to be drawn into any more doomsday scenarios.
So, I don`t really care what NASA say, because I have made my own mind firmly up now!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

www.space.com

The Mayan didn't say it would be the end of the world, they said it would be the dawn of a new age.

NASA can't predict that.

Yes, that is indeed a fact. They can not predict that.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

But.. there are clues.. that things are about to change.. for those that can see the writing on the wall.

Well, of course. I would say life itself is evidence that things are about to change! Change is the only constant, remember. Change is the Universe!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnonymousLurker
The 2012 Hype brought me to this forum.
Of all the pages I read about it, this was the only one that had calm, logical arguments to refute the madness that searching for " 2012 " via Google spewed onto my screen. Fortunately, thanks in part to the more common sense approach of some of our more level headed members, I have pretty much dispensed of the notion that anything will happen on Dec 21st 2012. Niburu is not visble in the sky as a second sun, the poles have not reversed and Elenin passed without incident. I refuse to be drawn into any more doomsday scenarios.
So, I don`t really care what NASA say, because I have made my own mind firmly up now!

I am truly glad for you that you have come to your own conclusion! =)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I predict that it will snow somewhere in the US on 12/21/2012.

The economy will probably be trashed by then as well, a financial doomsday event.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The article goes into brief detail about certain cataclysmic events such as: Mayan calendar, Planet X, solar storms, pole shifts, and planetary alignment.

Ill bet you a toonie all those things happen at exactly the same time.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

The article goes into brief detail about certain cataclysmic events such as: Mayan calendar, Planet X, solar storms, pole shifts, and planetary alignment.

Ill bet you a toonie all those things happen at exactly the same time.

Haha, that would be truly awesome, would it not? In the event that is does happen, you can then have all my money!
edit on 9-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's the end of a calendar, nothing more.

Do we think the world will end every Dec 31 because the calendar runs out? Hardly.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Like, for example, that things always change? Change is eternal? The only thing that stays the same is change? If there's one thing that history tells us it is that things will change?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join