It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Species - Furry Shark?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I found this article, did a search thru the forum and came up with no results.. so i thught someone might be interested...

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/08/29/wshark29.xml

Supposedly they've had this shark in a tank for a while but did not realize it was a new species.

I havent found any photos yet, but its a great read.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That is a very funky fish...

New forms of marine life are usually tracked down in the rarefied waters of the Great Barrier Reef or Red Sea. A new species of "furry" shark, however, which hops like a frog rather than swims, has been discovered in the unprepossessing habitat of a German aquarium.

Nice find!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Sure would like to see a photo!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
here we go:

Found here:

www.getregio.de...

its in german, so i have no clue what its saying....

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is an awesome posting. Darn where to I place my order for a furry shark?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Indeed, lets hope they can find a mate and get movin on some lil furry ones

...Hey Gazrok,

great wedding pics. That looks like i would have been a blast!

i know its a bit late, but congrats.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Bluecollar]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Man that is a cool shark Bluecollar
There is a translator on altavista.com called babelfish that lets you translate whole webpages I ran through that german one for you

Obviously new kind of shark in the aquariumaquarium aquarium Sea Star.

COBURG. The aquariumaquarium aquarium Sea Star. in Coburg obviously a still unknown kind of shark discovered.

The shark female, who lives only since short in the aquarium in Coburg, k?e into none well-known 405 shark places to be in-grouped, said the zoo-logical director of the aquarium, Peter Faltermeier.

Only few weeks ago the 70 centimeters long shark had been brought by the zoo Sch?runn in Vienna after Coburg. According to statements of Faltermeier it does not have to be defined also there k?en. Auf the first view one k?te the female into the group of the Ammenhaie arranges, said Faltermeier, which unl?st a technical book?r sharks wrote. Irritating however the being certain eyes are, compared with the short L?e enormous Z?e as well as the K?erbehaarung. Further it is auff?ig that the shark female do not swim k?e, but only hopsen and the fins away-fold k?e like a whale.

Wir sent a photo with the descriptions of the characteristics to shark experts in the whole world, to reported Faltermeier. None the h?e female so far determine k?en. In the n?sten weeks the unknown shark is to be ger?gt and be examined by several f?enden scientists from Germany. Then it will decide whether the shark female in Coburg the 406. Kind of shark in the world is.

It's strange how it hops, now I've seen a picture I want a movie! hehe

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
ARRRGGGGH MrDead,

a video would be Cool indeed.

thanks for the translation. I will babel onward.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Bluecollar]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Zis is ze cool!

Excellent Find!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That is amazing, furry shark,what next a flying dog. I bet you it was corss breeded with another specie

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wow! A very interesting find, I'd love to see a video too. It seems very grumpy looking, not lifeless like alot of sharks.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Furry shark. That's weird. Soon there will be a market for shark fur jackets. I wonder how it got furry. A few weeks back someone made a post about a furry fish and it was just a fish with fur glued onto it.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Furry shark. That's weird. Soon there will be a market for shark fur jackets. I wonder how it got furry. A few weeks back someone made a post about a furry fish and it was just a fish with fur glued onto it.

Seriously, post the link of the thread please

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Greaqt find! Who knows what might be down there. I found this interesting...

So far she has proved less than maternal: when nurse sharks who share her tank laid eggs, Cuddles ate them.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
maybe there is furry sharks on ebay...here i come ebay.com

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
it couldnt be a mutation of some kind? perhaps involving scientific experiments?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a furry shark? very interesting. Imagine seeing one with fleas.

a Furry shark, a mermans best friend.
but seriously I think this is a cool dicovery.

new topics

top topics

join