It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you say it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Link did not work but if you click on it - type in search - The Unspoken - it will play.
Cheers.
Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Here you go.

Very meaningful...........worth the watch but get the tissues out.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I had to pour a vodka rocks, cuz this thread is getting to me, in a good way.

Edit: ofhumandecent beat me to posting your vid!

edit on 9-12-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ofhumandescent and windoword

Thank you in buckets mate!

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Both of my parents are both gone now as well. My mother always told her children that she loved them whenever she had the opportunity; my father never. So, I have always made a point of telling my son that I love him when we end every conversation or time together; I have since he was baby and will continue until I leave this earth. I have always regretted that I never had the chance to tell my father that I loved him before he died but he made my step-mother promise not to tell his children he was even dead until he had been cremated and his ashes scattered at sea.

I believe it is so important to let your friends and loved ones know how you feel about them because you never know if you will have the chance again.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
My three sons never tell me they love me unless I say it first and I try to say it each time we part.

I think men/boys just aren't like girls..............they're taught not to express emotions.

Rest assured there are four boys who are being taught this not only directly taught, but taught by example from hubby and myself! My motto is "I will create marriable material!"

My dad had a heart attack and was dead for 8 minutes. During those 8 minutes when we thought he was gone, my oldest son could only think about how he had not told him loved him when he saw him last. He was 9 years old when that happened. He is now 14 years old and ever since we almost lost his 'Papa' he has made sure that no matter if he is mad at me or if he is rushing out the door with a friend, he always hugs me and tells me he loves me. His three younger brothers have learned to do the same from his example. Dh and I do this as well so it is very common and accepted thing to do in this house of 5 males!

Just 5 minutes ago I sent my two youngest to bed and I hear from the bedroom "G'night, I love you" followed by them coming back out for a hug and kiss good night. Now to be fair they are stalling their bedtime, but of all the things to stall with, I'd say this is something that will get ingrained in their heads through the years. I always allow them to stall if they are doing this so they think they are getting away with something. Looking further ahead I think it could be a good thing for them later in life as it will be habit!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

I am happy for you and your family that things turned out well.

Yes I tried to teach my sons by example too but My husband and two of our sons have Asperger's syndrome and the oldest (which does tell me he loves us) has ADHD.................he was the impulsive child from hell still and is still a challenge at times.

Not everyone is the same or "normal". And people with even a high degree of autism find it hard to touch, be touched or to even say "I love you"...........it's too much emotion for some to handle.

I was a kissy, huggy, talkative mother - very affectionate towards my three sons.

Two of the three did not like to be touched, kissed, hugged or talked to much.

Again, I am glad for you that things turned out so well, sometimes it takes a life crisis to make us realize how quickly a love one could be taken from us.

We were and still are good parents.....................but if your children are not neurologically impaired, you still do not have any idea as to how some things are beyond certain people.

If you have children that have no neurological impairments you are indeed lucky.

They are all good men, if you were drowning, any three of my sons or husband would be the first to jump in and save you but two of our three sons as well as my husband do not say very much, they are not able to tolerate emotions well, it upsets them, including hearing and saying, "I love you".

There is a old Indian proverb: “Don't judge any man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins”

My sons are not "marriage material" somewhere along the line my DNA, a chromosome, the chemical that the brain secretes for a neural synapse to occur, something is missing.

Scientists now say that autism is on the rise. It use to be blamed on bad parenting. Now medical experts are beginning to realize there is a correlation between the mercury in our vaccines and possibly of the poisoning of our environment.

I don't mean to offend you but felt I needed to explain.

So often people judge others and think their situation turned out well because of their rightful actions, and yes we often reap what we sow but sometimes, if the soil is bad, no amount of sowing will help.

We each have our challenges and these challenges vary from person to person.

I'm not saying you are judging me, but I did the best I could do.

When I take my final breath this time around, I can honestly say I was a good wife and mother and did the best with what I had to work with.

We judge people now days by giving them labels. My guys are simply shy, very quiet, nice, but emotions of any kind upset them.............even saying or having said to them "I love you".

And I know for most people out there that are "normal" (whatever that is) this concept is beyond them.
edit on 10-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join