It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican students uncover cyber plot against U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
According to Univision the largest Spanish-language network in the United States, claim to have evidence of a plot aimed at attacking the United States using a digital bomb.

The cyber war is supposedly aimed at the National Security infrastructure and Nuclear plants...

Source

Iran is conducting anti-U.S. operations from Latin America, including military training camps in Venezuela, and expanding its reach across the border from the U.S. in Mexico, according to footage unveiled late Thursday by the largest Spanish-language network in the United States, Univision.

The documentary showed a former Iran senior official accepting a plan to launch from Mexico a cyber war on the United States, one that would cripple U.S. computer systems, including the White House, the FBI, the CIA and several nuclear plants. The official, former Iranian Ambassador to Mexico Mohammad Hassan Ghadiri, was shown accepting the offer from undercover Mexican university students. A trailer to the documentary can be seen here.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can't translate, but i'm sure one of the comments said that it's pure propaganda against Iran.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Indeed...just another pure propaganda piece designed to garner support in future efforts against Iran.

Source +/- ???
edit on 12/9/2011 by freakjive because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Mexico had better be careful.

They better not give us a reason to move in, take over and flip that country. It would certainly decrease the size of the wall we would have to build.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

first of all, america has nothing to say when it comes to coc aine trade. please. the CIA runs the coc aine trade around the WORLD.

secondly, iran is scared #less of america. they realize that america is the global controller of things and that america has painted iran as 'the bad guy' and they are scared #less of america.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You know...whether or not this is just a propaganda piece...

Why wouldn't the Iranians deal with the Mexicans and possibly the cartels specifically? It gives them and their satellite allies a location close to the enemy who just happens to have about the worst border security in the Western world.

On the other hand, Iran is extremely rich in comparison and could make the Mexicans (cartels included) an offer they couldn't refuse.

Just something I've pondered. But, what do I know about any of this?

edit on 12/9/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't buy into the whole thing, but it is plausible..I found this article on liveleak which quotes Ahmadinejad's chief strategic guru Hassan Abbassi..Don't know if it's referring to the supposed attack discussed but does offfer insight into a devised plan.

Source

You only need to listen to Ahmadinejad's chief strategic guru Hassan Abbassi, for the answer. Abbassi is the architect of the so-called "war preparation plan" currently under way in Iran. This is the same Hassan Abbassi who said:

We have a strategy drawn up for the destruction of Anglo-Saxon civilization... we must make use of everything we have at hand to strike at this front by means of our suicide operations or by means of our missiles. There are 29 sensitive sites in the U.S. and in the West. We have already spied on these sites and we know how we are going to attack them.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Mexico had better be careful.

They better not give us a reason to move in, take over and flip that country. It would certainly decrease the size of the wall we would have to build.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

That MESS of a country would benefit from America invading it and claiming it. The degenerate population there would rather invade our country and 'trick-and-milk' our system rather than make their country a better one. Talk about degerates, Mexico takes the prize.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Here's another article from the LA Times describing the concerns U.S. officials have concerning the growing threat from Venezuela.

Source

BOGOTA, COLOMBIA — Western anti-terrorism officials are increasingly concerned that Hezbollah, the Lebanon-based Shiite Muslim militia that Washington has labeled a terrorist group, is using Venezuela as a base for operations.

Linked to deadly attacks on Jewish targets in Argentina in the early 1990s, Hezbollah may be taking advantage of Venezuela's ties with Iran, the militia's longtime sponsor, to move "people and things" into the Americas, as one Western government terrorism expert put it.

And this is even more disconcerting..Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said, Nov 22, 2011, at the Rebublican debate that: "We have, right now, Hezbollah, which is working throughout Latin America, in Venezuela, in Mexico, throughout Latin America, which poses a very significant and imminent threat to the United States of America."

Source

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, asked during a Republican presidential debate in Washington to suggest an important national security issue that isn't getting enough attention, said Islamic terror group Hezbollah is "working throughout Latin America," including Mexico, "which poses a very significant and imminent threat to the United States of America."

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So US intelligence wasn't able to do what Mexico's UNIVERSITY students stumbled upon? Or did they just not want to let the population know until a calculated time for maximum benefit?

What's with students being the new age spy's.
First it's the US's uni kids spying on China's tunnel system...and now Mexico's doing internal investigations?

This smells.....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yeah, and we could have it all done before lunch time rolled around.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh really... where do you start?
Hmm... lets see.. Louisiana? Oklahoma? Texas? New Mexico? Arizona? California? Washington? Oh yea.. just the whole South Western half of the US. Then onto the hundred million Mexicans in Mexico...

Then what? Am I next? I look "Mexican", I understand the language, you gonna take me out before lunch too?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Oh really... where do you start?
Hmm... lets see.. Louisiana? Oklahoma? Texas? New Mexico? Arizona? California? Washington? Oh yea.. just the whole South Western half of the US. Then onto the hundred million Mexicans in Mexico...

Then what? Am I next? I look "Mexican", I understand the language, you gonna take me out before lunch too?

Calm down, calm down. I have nothing against Mexicans, I assure you.

You are missing the context, the context being; if Mexico assists Iran in any way to undermine US interests or security. Mexico is a little close to home and I am sure we would naturally respond accordingly.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Im not missing any context and I am calm. I didnt say you had anything against Mexicans. You did. Go back and look at your and others "wipem out" comments and tell me I'm wrong about the context. Then ask yourself a simple question. :What do Mexicans have to do with Iran accept trying to help the US with articles like this?

This has nothing to do with Mexican citizens or a Mexican threat to US National security and everything to do with Iran using embassies on the Northern part of South America to recruit with terrorist groups like Hezbollah, which would then try to use Mexico to cross over our border states to commit acts of terrorism on our soil.

So no.. actually, I dont think I should be calm. Your comments along with a few others here sir were not only not about the article, they were flawed and completely out of line.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I visited my gma yesterday and she was watching this. Terrible special. It just seemed like a well put propaganda piece. I mean, the name of the special was, La Amenaza de Iran, which translated is, The Iranian Threat. It seems they're setting it up to go after Iran and maybe go into Venezuela soon after. Supposedly the Iranians know where one of the Mexican kids is. They said he's in the US under protection. They kept referring back to the bombing in Buenos Aires in the early 90's. According to the show, Hezbollah has a pretty large following in South America.

Excuse the rambling but if someone can pull it up somewhere I suggest Spanish speakers watch it and report back with what you think.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just adding some more sources to the original question posed...and now the US is investigating the claims.

Iran Planned Cyber Attacks on U.S. Atomic Plants. Report Charges

Source / Alternative source

The U.S. State Department on Monday said it was examining a "very disturbing" media claim that Iran was scheming to mount computer warfare strikes on U.S. nuclear energy sites and other facilities, Agence France-Presse reported (see GSN, Oct. 25).

The Spanish-language Univision television network reported that Venezuela's consul in Miami, Livia Antonieta Acosta, became involved in the plot in 2007 when she was stationed in Mexico.

Related material

DOE victim of multiple successful cyber strikes, watchdog says

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the America people needs false flags like this.
so they will go along with a war on Iran.
and the bombing of every thing IN Iran.
that includes the civilians.

Keep crying Wolf america.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Scared of us? Really? Doubtful if you ask me. We attack first and Russia is going to join the fight, and not on our side. With all the money and recouses we WASTED in the last decade, we couldn't win....I think it is our gov't that's scared right now...

top topics

join