It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first true-3D. Amazing! In water or air.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Thankkkkk you sir, I was a tad confused.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Yes sir, they are pretty awesome technologies.

We ride on Star Wars heels haha.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by snarfbot
hmm, i could see this working to make geometric shapes, like wire-frame models. but for the people saying this is going to fake the rapture, theres a pretty big problem.
so pretty cool tech, but project blue beam it aint.
Actually this is the first tech Ive seen that has any capability even remotely similar to the claims made for project bluebeam.

All the previous projection technologies I saw needed something to project against which meant project bluebeam really wouldn't work without a "screen" of some sort. This technology apparently doesn't need any "screen".

But if you mean it looks so crude it won't fool anyone into thinking the images are real, I'd have to agree with that. It's got a long ways to go before that happens, if it ever does. Remember holograms still look pretty crude and not realistic even though they've been around a long time. Maybe this tech will advance though, we'll see. It's pretty crude, but for the first demonstration of a breakthrough tech, not bad.

The first television was pretty crude as well. Look at it now. I wonder can we achieve perfect 3d projections much quicker than it took to develop the television to the OLED screens we have today.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

that isnt real. lol.

see that bar of light on top of the desk or whatever at 20 seconds in or so? if it were real it would be visible through the projection. in fact the bulk of that stage is probably cgi, the guy talking might be standing in front of a green screen for all we know.

its impossible to project darkness, only light, thats how interference beams would work, so the "hologram" woman is just another bit of cgi added in during post, she might have been filmed at the same time but it was all done by computer, she wasnt actually visible to the guy talking.

its similar to what evanj posted, none of that would have been visible to the naked eye, its just a computer processing the video feed and adding in cgi on the fly, it might delay the output by 16ms or something, or a number of frames, but its close enough to instantaneous that most people wouldnt notice the lag.

this would be useful in context to augmented reality or something to that effect, but it isnt a real hologram or a display device at all.

what is actually surprising about that clip is that it was presented in such a deceptive manner, on a news program of all things.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by snarfbot

Not cgi, so you are guessing this isn't real? Looks real to me, and not CGI.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
You can imagine these, in 15 years time, maybe even less, being use as huge advertising ads for big companies in they sky of major cities.

And airline pilots are biching about lasers as it is....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

its cgi. heres some similar technology, filmed in such a way, so that it is easy to understand how it works.

bear in mind that the actual set the news is filmed on does not have all those physical tv screens all over the place either. all those things are added in by computer in a similar fashion.

im sure theres a video or something somewhere with a behind the scenes look at what goes into it, but i couldnt find one in a cursory search, but the take away is that its all green screens and cgi these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join