It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk, Tweeting Congressional Aides fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Rep. Rick Larsen (D-WA) fired three aides after he learned of their inappropriate social network messaging which told of drinking and wasting time on the taxpayers' money-paid job.
How were these people screened for the job - or were they???

www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

I'd assume they screen them the same way the TSA screens their applicants.

They write names on paper, put them in a hat, and pull them out.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sounds to me like they were fired for letting us all know just how corrupt and lazy the political machine is, not for drinking Jack at 9am. If that was the aides, imagine what the politicians get up to! Hookers and illegal white powdery substances?

I thought the tweets were funny. It gave me a giggle.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What a shocker!

[insert gasp here]

This is probably a typical day at the office for most congressional employees. The only mistake these three made is not making their twitter accounts private.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Congressional employees do less work in a decade than the average commoner U.S. slave worker does before their lunch break everyday (assuming we worker slaves are allowed to actually take a lunch break).

And the bums in congress do even less work than that and they get incredible tax-payer draining salaries, benefits, and perks.

The hardest workers always get the shaft and are the LEAST rewarded as far as compensation for their labor in America. And ON TOP of that, common American workers are labeled as "lazy" for not being wealthy.
Guess the new meaning of "lazy" is not having the morals of a monster who does WHATEVER is necessary to trample and back-stab others in hopes of making their way to the top one day.

Most wealthy folks would kill their own mother for a fraction of a percent more quarterly profit. Guess its "laziness" when commoners dont have the same mentality.

What a country. Gone to hell.

edit on 9-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Most people don't go into an interview saying "well I really want this job to get trashed and publicly embarrassing you by detailing my efforts to not make an effort while being payed with public funds!"

Can't really blame the guy for their actions.. blame them for their own actions. At least he fired them.

new topics

top topics

join