It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart and Ed Gillespie Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interview

I always enjoy Stewart's interviews because imo, he is courteous, fair and always trying to seek some middle ground. I find these interviews refreshing and educational, and I wish the public could see more of these. Other news heads lead, cut off and even insult their guests, achieving nothing more than supporting their points.

I know some here dislike Stewart, and I do not wish to get into that. I just wanted to share the discussion because we don't have access to such candid discussions about the issues, I don't view it as who won the debate, but rather what can be learned from this.

I wish there was a platform for debate these days, where the public could watch full disclosure of positions and reasoning. I think a show like that would draw good ratings too, and seems to be essential for getting closer to truth as opposed to getting soundbite and sensationalized info from the news.

Peace,
spec
edit on 9-12-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I love Jon Stewart's interviewing style. He remains polite and makes great points with just a few words. I saw the show last night and enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It is sad there are not more platforms and hosts like this. The public would benefit so much from these discussions. I wish someone like Richard Branson would throw some money at a big debate show. Then I wonder how it would do. Just because some of us here would enjoy it does not men the masses would I guess.
Man I'd love to see the pundits debate, Beck and Matthews, Hannity and Olberman, Marr and Coulture(actually they have debated and it was good), and of course some more Stewart and Oreilly!
Then maybe Chompsky and Horowitz, man I'd pay to see that one!

Thanks for the reply,
spec

join