We are all in heaven NOW

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Ok, pretend that I didn't use the words "empathy" or "hedonism", replace with any word you think is accurate with what I was describing...

Now that this problem is solve of definitions we can actually talk about content.

People are quoting the bible and I'm wondering why, this isn't a discussion about belief systems, it's about a discussion of perspectives...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Originally posted by arpgme

Ok, pretend that I didn't use the words "empathy" or "hedonism", replace with any word you think is accurate with what I was describing...

Now that this problem is solve of definitions we can actually talk about content.

People are quoting the bible and I'm wondering why, this isn't a discussion about belief systems, it's about a discussion of perspectives...

Where did I EVER quote the bible?

And you have used "empathy" and "hedonism" so much in this thread (incorrectly) that it is not possible to "pretend" you didn't use them.

Your "content" is the problem, since you have repeatedly made the same arguments against empathy and for hedonism. Understanding neither of them as you do so.

What a farce.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Because you using a word defined in the bible, as well as other religious texts, and claiming that this world is it. Are we supposed to also pretend that you didn't use the word "heaven"? What a joke.

edit on 12-12-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Because you using a word defined in the bible, as well as other religious texts, and claiming that this world is it. Are we supposed to also pretend that you didn't use the word "heaven"? What a joke.

heav·en (hvn)
n.
1. The sky or universe as seen from the earth; the firmament. Often used in the plural.
2. Christianity a. often Heaven The abode of God, the angels, and the souls of those who are granted salvation. b. An eternal state of communion with God; everlasting bliss.
3. Any of the places in or beyond the sky conceived of as domains of divine beings in various religions.
4. a. Heaven God: Heaven help you! b. heavens Used in various phrases to express surprise: Good heavens!
5. The celestial powers; the gods. Often used in the plural: The heavens favored the young prince.
6. A condition or place of great happiness, delight, or pleasure:

What does number 6 say?

In terms of empathy; the word "empathy" merely implies that one is able to register the feelings, emotions, and state of mind of someone else, which is useful. I can feel that someone is upset and treat them with compassion. However, I do not need to absorb these emotions and I can choose not to. Negative emotions provide no benefit, other than a learning experience. They supply the body with toxins and cause an unhealthy state of mind. Crying is useful, sure, as it releases these toxins from the body but it is merely releasing the toxins that were created in the first place from the negative thinking.

Surely, if you are going to argue about something NOT being Heaven, then you have to believe in the concept of Heaven because something has to be Heaven for you to argue against it.

Luke 17:21 in The Bible states:

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

And where are you now? Here on Earth.

Of course, I am not sure how much I trust the credibility of "The Bible" but I do believe in the symbolic messages it can offer in the form of direct (or indirect) metaphors.

The Kingdom of Heaven found within could simply imply the coined term "Enlightenment". An Enlightened being does not believe this life is Hell. They find Heaven where ever they are. Of course, the average societal man, who is consumed by negativity thanks to the social conditioning of the world today, is going to conclude that this world must be Hell. And so it is Hell for them.

Of course, if you want to look at this from a strictly "scientific" point of view and do not believe in the concept of Awakening, then that is where you stand; your beliefs. If that is the case, void all I have said.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I think your a classic Crowlean Satanist.

Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law.

You care only for yourself and no-other..it's obvious what you are.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

To start off I'm an atheist so the biblical definition is how others define heaven and that is why they are disagreeing with the OP.

Now the OP says we are all in heaven NOW. Right off the bat he's wrong because if heaven is a condition and we are not all in that same condition then this statement is wrong.

Then he goes on to say that heaven being a perfect place is how others use it. This means that he is using others definition of heaven but saying heaven is perfect is a simplification of the religous definition so were back to square one.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

I think your a classic Crowlean Satanist.

Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law.

You care only for yourself and no-other..it's obvious what you are.

Cosmic..

The actual total statement is:

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will."

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

To start off I'm an atheist so the biblical definition is how others define heaven and that is why they are disagreeing with the OP.

Now the OP says we are all in heaven NOW. Right off the bat he's wrong because if heaven is a condition and we are not all in that same condition then this statement is wrong.

Then he goes on to say that heaven being a perfect place is how others use it. This means that he is using others definition of heaven but saying heaven is perfect is a simplification of the religous definition so were back to square one.

Well, obviously, the word has multiple meanings and is not limited to one. If the two meanings just so happen to coincide with each other, so be it.

In response to your second sentence, you can be oblivious to a condition. =)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

But not according to what the OP is describing. He believes that most are not living from the heavenly perspective so it would seem that he is saying that we are not in heaven.

As for the definition. If he says he is using it how others use it and 84% of the population use a religious definition then that is the definition that must apply.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

But not according to what the OP is describing. He believes that most are not living from the heavenly perspective so it would seem that he is saying that we are not in heaven.

As for the definition. If he says he is using it how others use it and 84% of the population use a religious definition then that is the definition that must apply.

I'm not really how you come to the conclusions he is saying that "we are not in Heaven" as he has clearly stated that we are...

It's true that most view the world from a Hellish perspective, and that Heaven simply is a state-of-mind, but that is not because we are not in Heaven. It's not about changing the perspective to VIEW the world as Heaven but to REALIZE the world as Heaven. I could, of course, be sitting in a bedroom and view the room as a torture chamber.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Is heaven a place or state of mind? He says in this post

Again, heaven and hell are just perspectives... not really a "place", more like a "state of being"
You can look at the world and see it as a total heaven, or you can look at the world and see it as a total hell, you know which one is more natural because one of those feel better than the other...

This means that this place isn't heaven although he later goes on to say it is because it's perfect and heaven is perfect. Others have said that he is just making it up along the way. Does seem that way.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Again, heaven and hell are just perspectives... not really a "place", more like a "state of being"
You can look at the world and see it as a total heaven, or you can look at the world and see it as a total hell, you know which one is more natural because one of those feel better than the other...

This means that this place isn't heaven although he later goes on to say it is because it's perfect and heaven is perfect. Others have said that he is just making it up along the way. Does seem that way.

I believe he us making it up as he goes along, and like most trolls, is getting off with all the attention he is getting. Anyone who agrees with him are just gullible to alot of things on these forums.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I see why you are getting confused. You are differentiating the term "place" from the term "state of being" (and no, I am not referring to the dictionary definition of these words). Reality is indeed strictly a perception. On the higher level of frequency, this world and this Universe is purely raw energy. However, since we live in a dense 3rd Dimension we have materialize said energy into form. So, in all honesty, this "place' that you think of when you see Earth, is in fact, a state of mind(being). A "delusional/manic/schizophrenic" person has a different state of mind than the normal person and therefore his "place"(reality) is different than ours. It is probably either more Hellish, due to paranoia; or it is more Heavenly, due to carelessness.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Don't make excuses for the OP. He's guilty of using words incorrectly through this whole thread and even asked us to pretend he hadn't use some of them. I'm not confused he is and has even admitted it.

I'm not even saying he is wrong about happiness and suffering being dependent on perspective but he is wrong in saying that we are all in heaven if as he stated heaven and hell are not places but states of being and we are not all in that state of being.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I see why you are getting confused. You are differentiating the term "place" from the term "state of being" (and no, I am not referring to the dictionary definition of these words). Reality is indeed strictly a perception. On the higher level of frequency, this world and this Universe is purely raw energy. However, since we live in a dense 3rd Dimension we have materialize said energy into form. So, in all honesty, this "place' that you think of when you see Earth, is in fact, a state of mind(being). A "delusional/manic/schizophrenic" person has a different state of mind than the normal person and therefore his "place"(reality) is different than ours. It is probably either more Hellish, due to paranoia; or it is more Heavenly, due to carelessness.

I dont understand why you are sticking up for the OP when it is clear that there are many holes in his great theory. I called him out in the holes, but he still has not answered me properly. The best he can come up with on why babies are brutally murdered in this so called heaven is "thats life"

Cant you seriously see the holes in his theory?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Don't make excuses for the OP. He's guilty of using words incorrectly through this whole thread and even asked us to pretend he hadn't use some of them. I'm not confused he is and has even admitted it.

I'm not even saying he is wrong about happiness and suffering being dependent on perspective but he is wrong in saying that we are all in heaven if as he stated heaven and hell are not places but states of being and we are not all in that state of being.

Originally posted by Jay-morris
I dont understand why you are sticking up for the OP when it is clear that there are many holes in his great theory. I called him out in the holes, but he still has not answered me properly. The best he can come up with on why babies are brutally murdered in this so called heaven is "thats life"

Cant you seriously see the holes in his theory?

Okay, first of all. We need to stop assuming that I am sticking up for the OP. I am trying to help you. Not him.

Secondly, sure the OP may have used words "wrongly", or is it possible that you just have a convoluted and close-minded idea of these words and their webster dictionary definitions? "He can't prove his point 100% with validity and credibility so he must be completely wrong and I am right."

You don't have to be a wordsmith to be aware of the fundamentals of life, but I will let him reply on that if it is truly bothering you about the fact that his word usage may be poking holes in his "theory".

And yes, the brutal murder of babies is life. Everything is life. What else would you call it? It is obviously relevant to this life so it IS life.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is heaven???

I don't know the true secret behind our collective existence, but this is one of the dumbest threads of all time.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Okay, first of all. We need to stop assuming that I am sticking up for the OP. I am trying to help you. Not him. 

Secondly, sure the OP may have used words "wrongly", or is it possible that you just have a convoluted and close-minded idea of these words and their webster dictionary definitions? "He can't prove his point 100% with validity and credibility so he must be completely wrong and I am right." 

You don't have to be a wordsmith to be aware of the fundamentals of life, but I will let him reply on that if it is truly bothering you about the fact that his word usage may be poking holes in his "theory". 

And yes, the brutal murder of babies is life. Everything is life. What else would you call it? It is obviously relevant to this life so it IS life.edit on 12-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

Its not about being closed minded! Its about the OP not making any sense and dodging questions. As for the babies example, thats another he cant really answer. Saying "thats life" it a weak answer, considering he says we are all in heaven.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Mmkay. You are free to consider whatever answer you want as "weak".

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by Jay-morris

Mmkay. You are free to consider whatever answer you want as "weak".

what? you sure your not him? Might have to get the mods to check to see if you and his id are under the same ip address. Thats yhe sort of answer he would have gave.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join