It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all in heaven NOW

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Because this place is heaven. It is life but life is heavenly.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Jay-morris

So you're saying that someone who is raped should stay sad for the rest of their life and never experience happiness again? I think THAT is sick...

Yes but life IS heaven! Everything is perfect whether YOU realize it or not, that's the point...
edit on 10-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

When did i say that? In fact i have already said in this thread that people should try and overcome whatever problems they have with positive thinking, so dont even bother trying to make me look bad.

I SAID babies who have been murdered brutally. If this is heaven, then why does this happen? Dont bring up the perspective crap and being negative because babies dont have that. So why are they murdered like that in your perfect world?
edit on 10-12-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's not what I asked. I asked why you started a thread about the world being perfect when life is in fact not perfect and things that others feel show these imperfections exist and, by the looks of it, so do you.
edit on 10-12-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Things just happen

The world is perfect and that's why I said it was... you lie... when did I say anything was imperfection? All things are perfect. Even if you are crazy enough to leave your hand in the fire.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Things just happen

EDIT;

The world is perfect and that's why I said it was...

edit on 10-12-2011 by arpgme because: add detail

Lol, in your perfect world, things like babies being brutally murdered just happens! If things like that "just happen" how can this be a perfect world or heaven. Do you know how arragont and ignorant you sound?

It is sick and very disturbing that you say this is heaven, and life is perfect, and when i mention babies being murdered, you say things happen!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think I get what OP and supporters are saying. I would like to invite you guys to my place to further discuss how we are in heaven and how it's simply a matter of choice of how to perceive this reality. I live in East Oakland, we can walk down E14th at dusk while not making eye contact with certain people and not talking too loud lest one of them hears us and decides to "debate". If you get hungry we can head to Alameda Social Services in the morning and hopefully you can get your ebt card before the day is over. And don't forget your sleeping bag, I'm homeless! I'm serious too, life isn't about choosing how to see things when you're under very difficult hardships and someone you've never met is in your face threatening your safety because of their choice of reality.

It would be easy to judge me and criticize my situation, but I post here now to express a first hand experience of suffering. I don't know any kids in Somalia, nor have I been there, but I do know that suffering takes place all over the world and of that which is involuntarily forced onto others is not heaven no matter what the choice of those who experience it. To ignore that kinda pisses me off since I see it everyday. I am not specifically addressing any one person, but the idea that we are in heaven. I would suggest we live in a dualistic sort of nature that brings both a heaven and hell experience that is not always in our control. But then again my definition of Heaven doesn't include a ghetto. On a side note I am very happy a lot of the time, but reality is what it is.
edit on 10-12-2011 by FasterCastor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Things just happen

The world is perfect and that's why I said it was... you lie... when did I say anything was imperfection? All things are perfect. Even if you are crazy enough to leave your hand in the fire.

You answer to Jay morris is "Things just happen" then you ask me where you said anything was imperfection. That's the answer.

Life happens in this world. I said people see these as imperfections and you agree that they happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I said things happen, I didn't say things were imperfect. You implied that yourself...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Things just happen

lol i think this dude is a troll who is making it up as he goes along and laughing at us getting worked up.

You answer to Jay morris is "Things just happen" then you ask me where you said anything was imperfection. That's the answer.

Life happens in this world. I said people see these as imperfections and you agree that they happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

reply to post by Chamberf=6

This is the definition I am using:

he·don·ism   [heed-n-iz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. the doctrine that pleasure or happiness is the highest good.
- Link

Hedonism is believing that happiness is the only good/virtue.

In Philosophy, I quote:
"Hedonism: the thesis that pleasure is the highest good: that only pleasure has value... Note: Pleasure is not the same as happiness, so hedonism is not the same as eudaimonism, the thesis that happiness is the highest good."
--Dictionary of Philosophy, Thomas Mautner, Blackwell Publishers, 1996
edit on 12/10/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: the question in the other post should have been obviously rhetorical as a means of making a point, which you missed.

eta: In layman's terms, all you are saying is "If it feels good, do it" when you say

Hedonism is the way, THIS IS HEAVEN!

Quite the opposite in truth.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I said that those are things that others see as imperfections. You accept that they exist but don't agree that they are imperfections. Nothing but symantics.

In any case it keeps this place from being heavenly so again why did you start this thread if you accept that those things, that wouldn't form part of heaven, are happening here?
edit on 10-12-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by arpgme

I said that those are things that others see as imperfections. You accept that they exist but don't agree that they are imperfections.

Exactly, and heaven is a place of perfection and everything IS perfect, so if you are seeing something as an imperfection then you seeing in a different way which makes you feel like this isn't heaven, when in reality it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by thedoctorswife

Obviously it doesn't because I'm doing it and I know others who are as well...

There's no reason to change my perspective into one which feels bad just because other people may not be happy. It doesn't make sense. If someone puts their hand in fire, it makes no sense to put your hand in too, it's silly isn't it?

Just tell them to take their hand out (change their perspective into a heavenly one)

I ve been a member of this site for nearly two years now, and theres never been a thread thats made me angry, but im going to walk away from this now.
The reason that you should feel bad for people who live sad and harsh lives is because you care, you dont care about them, and surely isnt heaven a place where you love your
neighbour. Your contradiction is huge, who runs your heaven man, Satan?

And no-one gonna put their hands in the fire as well, but what theyre gonna do is provide the bandage, the lotion and the comfort.
I cant believe you care so little about others.
drswife over and out.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

But heaven is more than just perfection. It is also absence of suffering, pain, hunger and those things happen here. So your wrong. You don't have to feel bad or sad about being wrong.

Having just one thing line up with the description doesn't give you the right to claim the whole as fact.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

And it's funny because you feel angry because you don't like my opinion of not caring about other people's bad feeling opinions...

If you would have took my advice and not care about my opinion and just been happy, you wouldn't have had felt angry...

See how you just used that against yourself.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

reply to post by Mister_Bit

If you are forced to suffer and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, might as well be happy, since being sad makes it even worse and doesn't help the situation in any case...

Ok... you're clearly a troll, I wont feed you any longer

Exactly what i was thinking, walk away people, nothing to see here, feeding time is over.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

And it's funny because you feel angry because you don't like my opinion of not caring about other people's bad feeling opinions...

If you would have took my advice and not care about my opinion and just been happy, you wouldn't have had felt angry...

See how you just used that against yourself.

Itll be a cold day in hell when i dont voice my opinion to someone who cares nothing of the suffering of others yet believes that earth is heaven.
suppertimes over buddy.
and you have a strange definition of whats funny, what you highlighted was not funny at all, maybe you should get your mum to buy you "the worlds 100s funniest jokes", for christmas.
go back under your bridge.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I can assure you that my personal situation is far from being in heaven..

Both my parents died of cancer in a timespan of 3 years, they might be, but am i? And this was just a catalyst for an entire #storm of problems which, tbh, are none of ur business.

All the pain and suffering that got caused because of that indeed shows me my life aint going the way i want it to.. would you want to lose your entire family before your 30th birthday?

"All is fine and dandy and heaven is on earth" until reality hits you.

I'm getting deeper into the metaphysical and i'm trying to open up to new age views because i need a light in my life by now, but ignorant posters telling me "everything is perfect the way it is" aint helping.

I really don't understand how people can see this world the way you do..

Really i dont..

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by arpgme

I can assure you that my personal situation is far from being in heaven..

Both my parents died of cancer in a timespan of 3 years, they might be, but am i? And this was just a catalyst for an entire #storm of problems which, tbh, are none of ur business.

All the pain and suffering that got caused because of that indeed shows me my life aint going the way i want it to.. would you want to lose your entire family before your 30th birthday?

"All is fine and dandy and heaven is on earth" until reality hits you.

I'm getting deeper into the metaphysical and i'm trying to open up to new age views because i need a light in my life by now, but ignorant posters telling me "everything is perfect the way it is" aint helping.

I really don't understand how people can see this world the way you do..

Really i dont..

Agreed, its 20 years since my mum died, my life is full of problems, some of them serious, and yes i m trying to get into the deep stuff, but sometimes i think the only time we,ll get out of it is when we pop our cloggs (die).

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Everything is funny with the right perspective... every problem you realize is not as bad as it seems and it's funny.

the only time a situation isn't "heavenly" Is when it's seen with the wrong perspective.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join