It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you secretly hope for an economic collapse.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There’s a question hard to give a one word answer too. My short answer would be YES.

Now why would I hope for a economic collapse that will destroy lives and the world as we know it today. It’s not that I want to see people dying or see lives ruined, I don’t. I want to see a collapse so we can start the rebuilding of a better community. Yes many people will die in the transition but it’s what needs to be done for the tree of liberty to flourish once again.

Look around you. Our rights are being taken away right in front of us. We are debt slaves to a privet federal reserve. We, as a society, focus on the NFL, Dancing with the stars, or what Kim Kardashian has on and not the real important things in life like family, friends, and the ever so escaping quest to answers the question of mankind greatest mysteries.

Our society has been downgraded to facebooking, texting at the dinner table and limited face to face conversations. Have you seen our kids, the millennium generation, these poor kids have little to no communications skill, their faces are glued to their Iphones or Xboxes. And it’s not like you can blame the kids. Both parents are gone all day working double time just to provide for the family. It now takes two parents salaries to live now opposed to just one a few decades ago. Things are really screwed up, but it’s happening ever so slowly that the community is not noticing the problems. We are being dumbed down.

Take a look at our schools. Their teaching our kids what to think and memorize book but not HOW to think for themselves. It’s really sad but its been happening for decades. People are just so blind to reality. Take a look at our politicians, those snakes, stripping us of our freedoms daily in the name of security and the people don’t care.

When it comes down to it, I thought things could change, but I now think more than ever they won’t change but only for the worst. That’s why I secretly want a collapse. A collapse is a time to rebuild the county back to its greatness it used to be. I understand the repercussions of a collapse but I truly feel it’s the only way back to our original founding and constitution. But we must be careful, because in a collapse, the society is venerable to sinking even deeper into the darkness and being taken over by the corrupt. Its going to take great leaders to get us back to where we need to be.

What are your thoughts?

edit on 9-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
no secret here brother!

i'm praying for it. i'm tired of waiting for it. tired of reading thread after thread....seeing bad economic news every time you turn on the tv or open up your email homepage. i mean....the economy crashing will mean we have to go to war to get out of the toilet, though, so i'm not looking forward to that.

hopefully the aliens hurry up and get here...
edit on 12/9/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

There’s a question hard to give a one word answer too. My short answer would be YES.

YES!!! totally!! Full collapse of this entire thing. Im putting all my energy and thoughts in that.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mum please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away."

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't "secretly" yearn. I am quite vociferous about my opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If that means I do not have to be a slave to this grind anymore I don't care what happens. Sick of this 9-5 struggle.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The day that everyones money troubles dissapear? Bring it on!

Its only people dependancy on the current system that locks them in and blinds them for other ways of life.
And keeps the current system in place

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

No, I kind of like things like cars, air conditioning, supermarkets and restaurants for food, video games, the Internet, not having to shoot something or someone for resources, etc.

If you REALLY think about it...you like these things too, and wouldn't wish for such a thing ever...either for yourself, or your family if you have one....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I also believe that if this happened society is strong enough to bond together. We could be resourceful. Share and help one another. Provide our own justice.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

No, I kind of like things like cars, air conditioning, supermarkets and restaurants for food, video games, the Internet, not having to shoot something or someone for resources, etc.

If you REALLY think about it...you like these things too, and wouldn't wish for such a thing ever...either for yourself, or your family if you have one....

We are talking about total human freedom and you talk about .. cars, air conditioning, supermarkets and restaurants for food, video games?? Most selfish and unemphatic response ever

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

This is a little materialistic, i believe we could still have these things without money as tender anyway.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well said.

It deserves a second posting I think.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is something I have been thinking about for a long time. Glad you brought it up and props on the post.
Obviously we have been overtaken by glamour and debt and all of the things that used to matter have just blown away in the wind, some of which you stated. I want to live a life in comfort and everything I have been taught as far as the "American Dream", but however like you, I too secretly wish that we could just end the madness and rebuild. I'm and artist and when I screw up a drawing I have been working on its really hard to erase and fix the problem because the lines just don't seem to match up right (especially a big problem), so I end up throwing it away and starting over. For years I have thought "what a society we could be if we dug back to our roots and found what really mattered" Hundreds of years ago the carpenters built, fisherman fished, hunters hunted and so on, there was a great respect for each other and what individuals did for the community. If we reach that mindset again then ultimately we might be able to prevail, but it will take a something catastrophic to change the mindset of the asleep, naive or those with such nieve. Yet I am open and willing (Sad that it has been brought to this) Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So keeping your family enslaved is ok as long as they are comfortable?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
"I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mum please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away."

I love Tool

My answer is short and simple: Yes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandeharibo
I also believe that if this happened society is strong enough to bond together. We could be resourceful. Share and help one another. Provide our own justice.

This is what I think too. Wouldn't it be something... if everything collapsed, and we all did ok...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Naturally, those who hope and pray hardest for a collapse are those best capable of dealing with the aftermath. A lifetime spent on a sofa devouring hot pockets and Mountain Dew prepares one very well for a societal collapse.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If it mean to have a better life yes I hope for a collapse.in response to the Op about a few people dying in the transition that reminds me of a quote "I would kill a million little girls to win" .

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think we need an overhaul of policies and liberties... Trash the government and rebuild it as one that can not be run by business and private industry, but for the people. Make the people's vote count more than the businesses and make them have social responsibility. Next trash the banks and work out a new system of payment that doesn't have loopholes and back doors... Give states more control over their laws and strip the government from overpowering state law. Reduce the work days to 5 hrs and increase pay so that everyone can hold a job and support their family while still being able to enjoy family time. Last create an education system where everyone is entitled to a education, not just the rich and immigrants.

Rebuild a Constitution so that our rights can never be striped, and make it a crime to attempt to lie and manipulate the people. Make the people who want to be in office subject to a lie detector when they speak so we know who is honest in what they say.

I'm tried of our government taking advantage of the people by tricking us into signing away our lives to fight in wars we shouldn't be in so they can make a profit.

Let's start by getting Ron Paul in office...

Our future starts with our present actions...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Naturally, those who hope and pray hardest for a collapse are those best capable of dealing with the aftermath. A lifetime spent on a sofa devouring hot pockets and Mountain Dew prepares one very well for a societal collapse.

Hey now, my answer was yes and I don't think I have ever sat on a sofa eating hot pockets (nasty) and drinking Mountain Dew. If everything collapsed I could stand to lose everything right along with my family and friends. But I'm willing to go through the struggle and hardship if it means some real significant and positive changes around here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join