It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed South Korean Towers Resemble EXPLODING WTC Twin Towers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is this just a coincidence or are they thinking about capitalizing on the HUGE FREE advertising they will get? Either way they are the coolest buildings Ive ever seen
Have a look for yourself and tell me what the first thing you think of is.www.weeklystandard.com...

The designers of the towers, Dutch architectural firm MVRDV, have responded to the controversy by quickly publishing an apology in English. “It was not our intention to create an image resembling the attacks,” the designers insist, “nor did we see the resemblance during the design process.”

edit on 9-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I don't know, looks like clouds to me...

People need to get their heads outa their asses!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I actually think it's a really cool piece of architecture. Does it resemble the Twin Towers? Sure. Is it? no. I have to admit my first thought was "what's wrong with this image?" and then I realized that was the design and not pixelation.
edit on 9-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would have to admit, that there is a similiar resemblence to the Twin Towers, just as they were falling, with the Korean buildings jutting out from the main fascade of the building, just like the twin towers plume of concrete and debri was, seconds after the collapse. Weird

But I dont think it was done intentionally, have to say that is some pretty cool architecture.!!!
edit on 9-12-2011 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

It's one thing to think of clouds if prompted to do so. We can also question our own trauma associated with the twin towers connection and take it from there.

However for them to say that they never saw an association to the towers during the design process leaves me aghast and I have to wonder about them as a competent design team. After all, as professional designers, don't they have to consider what the perception of the public might be?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
nice found and post, thanks

i'm not surprised about the controversy in the two dutch's statement
after all it is how we learn, to mimic authority, someone we assume to be a raw model, hence people in government. and if people in government are not controversial then i don't know what is !!

at least the 'clouds' seem to stabilize the sky scrapers. but i would have liked to see the 'clouds' a bit higher up.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It looks remarkble like the twin towers

But as artist myself , i think every moment, be it good or bad should be usable to make new art.
Even the photos of exploding towers are a source for inspiration.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks its in poor taste?

And like poor taste is putting it nicely?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That's probably the ugliest tower designed I've ever seen since .. well the WTC (which were ugly)

But how in the hell did that not notice that it looked like an exploding WTC??? Surely they must have..

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That is some of the most intriguing architecture I have ever seen. Move over Frank Lloyd Wright.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Double Post. ARGH!
edit on 12/9/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Those are cool!!

They look like random blocks just pieced together in no particular order.

I'd want to live in the ones that are in the center and going outward.

Cool building!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I would have to agree with the designers and their apology / explanation. It looks more art like than anything and since the damage to the WTC were on different floor blocks the view is unintentional.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

That design firm is BSing us. The similarity is totally blatant.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

That design firm is BSing us. The similarity is totally blatant.

Even if they are, why is it bad? At ground zero they did not wipe away the past, and if anything they preserved tnhat incident with the park and building design so people would never forget.

The people killed on 9/11 werent all American, and by extension we dont have the sole claim to that date.

new topics

top topics

join