It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If nuclear war/holocaust started are you OK with ET/good or aliens/bad intervening? Yes or no?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Yes or no and why or why not. I will embedd my answer. So what is your answer ATS?

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 9/12/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Of course I'd welcome them. I'd like them here now, since this is a degenerating world and only getting worse. Besides, if we're ever hit with a CME full blast, we're all cooked, literally. When the nuclear plants can't get the power from the grid to stay cool, they'll just meltdown. There are 400+ of them worldwide, so I think ET should present themselves soon, since the average person is powerless to intervene.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Yes or no and why or why not. I will embedd my answer. So what is your answer ATS?

Personally, I think the question is entirely moot in a practical sense because we've already been handed demonstrations in as public a way as necessary, that this is exactly what is likely to happen. I'm thinking back across many, many accounts of UFO's in the vicinity or related to the complete failure of any electronics systems. Specifically, electronic launch and control systems of U.S. Nuclear ICBM sites. Who knows if our Submarines have had contacts to get the same message delivered at depth, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn.

This is actually one of the reasons I'm not as concerned as others may be, even as war becomes to look imminent. It's really interesting to war game possibilities, and if it remains strictly conventional I think E.T. or whatever they are will stay out of it...as they always have... However, Nuclear weapons have gotten us some VERY clear warnings, as I see it. There might be a couple allowed to go off before we start seeing interesting things start happening.

Hopefully..... It never gets to the point where we find out for sure. A whole lot of things went horribly wrong to have the discussion as a practical concern.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am not OK with any kind of intervention.

We did this mess and we should pay for the price... If we get extincted... so be. Better luck to the next sentient specie that would replace us.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'd say no intervention. We still haven't figured ourselves out yet as a whole. I mean for goodness sake we still live in separate countries from one another. We still can't agree on who our creator is, or even for that matter we still believe in religions. We use to many different currencies, just to many different things separating us all. Now, i'm not trying to sound like a New World Order mouthpiece, least not the one everyone knows of. We do need a New World Order, but one of different terms and conditions.

But one thing we don't need is another civilization coming here to set us right or in line. That's asking for enslavement. If we were to have a major war fall upon us, then I say let it happen. Why? Maybe it's what we need. Maybe we need to blow each other up and get it over with. Maybe it's what will teach us and generations to come how to do things right and how the old ways just weren't working. Maybe we'll be victims, but if we could change mankind for ever and allow our children and future generations to do it right, then hey, i'm proud to have saved the world like the rest of you would.

I don't know. But I do know one thing, we don't need any damn aliens coming to greet us right now. How embarrassing would that be as a planet. Would you all not be ashamed? A psychotic individual belongs in a insane asylum or at least deserves a chance to get "right" before he needs to go out into the world and make friends. We as a civilization or a planet/species need to do that first before we make any galactic friendships. Maybe that's why we've never made any galactic friendships. Some advanced race could have monitored us up in the earth's orbit in the past and said, "oh hell no, we ain't stopping there", and moved right along.

Inviting aliens to our planet would be the most dangerous thing we could ever do. For one, anything that advanced would not be coming here to share anything with us if we couldn't give anything back in return. Do you really think a race that advanced would not know anything we do? I don't think so. There's only one reason to come here and that would be to gather our resources, probably using us to do it, or to trade tech which we simply wouldn't be able to offer.

If I was an advanced civ alien and was about to witness us blow each other up, I wouldn't help. Would you? Why? What good would that do? Save us? Okay, why would they want that set back? Stopping us and saving us would mean they would have to counsel all of us, and who's to say they would counsel us the right way? They would let us kill each other off and reap the rewards or resources left of this planet and move right along. There's just so many things that could go wrong here. Far more things that would go wrong than right.

We are our own planet. We need to all get together and fix our own problems, not invite new ones. I say no to any alien invites or alien protection. If they became advanced, then so can we. We have to get our stuff in order first though. We all need to believe in ourselves and not something E.T. I promise you they didn't get where they were with the mind set of hoping one day someone or something from outer space would come. No, any advanced civ did that on their own because they got together, believed in themselves and accomplished their goals.

That's never going to fly when a country like the U.S. is the richest for 100 years and every other country is poor. Then it changes to China is rich for a few hundred years and then some other country and so on and so on. Which is exactly what's been happening since the dawn of civilization. One country is on top and everyone else suffers. That's the problem, but yet we never seem to want to fix that. If we can disband that type of thinking and living and become a planet, not a ethnicity or foreigner, that's when we'll start exploring space together and become a real true advanced civilization that can do anything. We don't need aliens or any outside interference. We can do all that right here on our own right now.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

like a tenant renting a house, if the tenant trashes the place the landlord will not be a happy bunny. maybe intervention will occur when the landlord becomes aware that the tenant is ready to demolish the fabric/walls/roof after seeing to the fittings.
a global reset either brought on by our own actions or from a 3rd party is a preferred outcome. either they leave us alone to sort this situation out or they assist directly or indirectly.
i find myself in the good company of individuals who have understanding beyond the norm both on here and in the solid physical environment. my physical friends have astounding insight into all manner of higher learning and this is cherished. others not clued up who has been in the presence of these individuals are clearly rattled and uncomfortable due to disparity of knowledge and attitude. service to self or service to others imo is a major factor in future outcomes.
regards fakedirt

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If mankind is stupid enough to begin a nuclear war or holocaust, despite all the understanding and knowledge we possess, IF humanity cannot rise above its petty differences as a species, and collectively come together for the greater good, not as one nation, but as one species united in aims, then my God we deserve every single millirem per second of the fallout, and every single hit from an alien death ray that we can take.

My messege to the hypothetical alien species involved, would be, if you catch us doing that, just bomb us from orbit and put us out of our misery, because trust me, anyone left after that hellstorm... you wouldnt want someone dangerous enough to survive that, anywhere in your galactic back yard. Not unless they were tagged at ankle and wrist!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

@truebrit IF humanity cannot rise above its petty differences as a species, and collectively come together for the greater good, not as one nation, but as one species united in aims, then my God we deserve every single millirem per second of the fallout, and every single hit from an alien death ray that we can take.

i understand. i also understand that the bullies in the playground will want to keep control at all costs. will this situation facillitate a separation into two camps or will the consensus be that because we all allowed the elites control over ourselves, we deserve everything we get even though individually we do our best and strive for improvement to less fortunate peeps?

hope you didn't mind me using a section of your statement.

regards fakedirt

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Fakedirt , you feel free to quote me if it helps you make a point.

To my mind, there are more of the regular Joes on planet Earth, than there are megalomaniacal halfwit eugenicists like Hitler, or smoothe talking city ecconofascists like Soros and others. If we cannot gather our wits and remove the threat of being lead down the path of nuclear oblivion by persons who lack any form of moral fortitude , or hold little to no value as human beings, then yes, we deserve our fate.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing, and we would have to do an awful lot of nothing if nuclear oblivion were to come back on the cards as a teatime possibility! If we, the people, the real power on this planet, do nothing to prevent a negative fate, then we have no business whining while we die, that its all so unfair *weep weep, boo hoo* because we will have been digging our graves for years by that point.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i heard aliens are adept at the art of healing thru herbology .
so yes , if they ever stopped by here id welcome them with a hug and a cigarette

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

thanks for the reply.
yes i agree with your points, however, my mindset is to avoid at all costs any whining regarding my small fish position here, thinking i can change that which the bigger fish have control of. if and when a scenario reveals itself where actions rather than words are required, i would like to think this is where the real work starts assuming i am still here. until then my obligations towards those i love and look out for remain in place and are always treated as a work in progress.
i've had a number of close calls over the years, the last time was coming out of a short lived coma where the last thing i remembered was accepting that i was about to die. at that moment there was no pain and the gravity shackles fell off. next thing i know, i wake up looking at the wife and nearly three days have passed. like the previous occasional times, the feeling of enhancement in some mental form lingered. it's important for me to say that somehow it was akin to shedding the last fears/irks, whatever i suppose grabs us and keeps us locked into mickey mouse dramas.
this thing is worth saving from those that would destroy it, equilibrium is required.

regards fakedirt.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I guess I'd be okay with ET intervention to stop a nuclear war. It sounds better than annihilation of human civilization from the planet. But I'm not sure that they would intervene, even though I think they have signaled that they could intervene (example: shutdown of nuclear missiles in their silos).

My reason is that we have not seen any detectable alien intervention to head off all the imminent global catastrophes, such as:
1) overpopulation
2) over dependence on oil to fuel economy
3) global depletion of fishing stocks
4) climate change
5) toxic waste polluting the entire planets oceans, fresh water, air, soil
6) rampant religious extremism
7) unprecedented declines in species diversity, especially amphibians, fish, predators and key insects like honeybees

So while it is possible that humans might avoid nuclear war, I'm not sure we can fix all the other complex problems that seem to be pushing our civilization over the tipping point. Maybe the ETs are mainly concerned that we might take our destructive behaviors off planet, having a negative effect outside this solar system. But perhaps they have already seen that there is little danger of this (and perhaps they won't permit it), so they will allow us to be the masters of our own destruction.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
No.
Because they would probably be the one who started the whole thing.

And if nuclear war actually happens, I think they will intervene, no matter if we want that or not...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

[COLOR=GOLD]

I am ok with them intervening for the genetic support of the herd if the said herd is about to destroy itself the beautiful EARTH and the many animals on the land and in the sea. Yes I would welcome their presence, especially if its those we viewed as GODS in the past.

If its some non positive types who see that if humans destroy Earth there is a loss somewhere for them (the aliens) whether from making it too toxic for them or lowering the vibrations sent from Earth and they come with force shutting this place down before nuclear holocaust destroys this place eliminating all techs to restart future wars why they are at it. I would be ok with them preventing Earth inhabitants (above grounders) from genetic destruction. And would hope they would continue on benign TO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT if that be the case.

Basically I know it sounds crazy and wierd I would hope for those known as ANGELS in the past for the positive actions in guiding mankind to show up if not GOD. Its not fair and I know the Earth isnt fair but its not fair for many innocent to have to go thru this why those who cause it duck/run and hide. I thank you all for contributing to the thread, I know the part about bad aliens thru some off but its like if you and your enemy are on earth about to fight LOGIC says well lets both preserve the land on which we fight RIGHT??? So that is why I added the potential bad or misunderstood aliens by human preception to keep it open for your imaginations.

Until...

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

[/COLOR]
edit on 12/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join