It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of America:The Choice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Right now we are on the brink of collapse. We have an over-inflated bureaucratic mess as our government, and it's filled with "representatives" that don't even understand their constituents it seems.
The political parties have devolved into ad hominem and false accusations, a literal feces throwing fest it seems. They are unreliable, unstable, and unintelligent (notwithstanding my own ad hominem's here apparently).

Since the establishment of the current American government we have been a nation of Christian beliefs at our core. It seems now however that between the government and current popular belief that our nation should not be upheld to these standards. They believe, for whatever reason, that the Christian ideology should be done away with and that it holds no truth or true value. They also believe that it forces them to become "Christian" somehow, or that if you aren't Christian you aren't truly represented or respected.

Do you believe that ATS? Do you believe that Christian ideology has no place in the government whatsoever?

If I were to have my say, in certain ways and areas:No, it should not.

The prayers in congress, during the inauguration speech, etc should not be present. That doesn't mean that they should not be allowed. If you feel you must, you may. We are a free country and do not hold you to it. But when it comes to religious freedoms and laws, I feel the Christian beliefs are perfectly fine.

It is just and righteous to have murder, rape, and theft to be illegal. These are evil things without exception to all but certain situations of theft. When a man has to go out and steal $100 from a bank just to keep himself in a rehab facility it is said and should be forgiven, the "victim" of the situation reimbursed perhaps (in a just world the bank would commit it as a donation to charity and forgive the man).
If you eliminate all of the Christianity from the government, you would lose so many things you take for granted and that give you the freedom you enjoy.

But now is the time for our nation to make a decision. The founders established our government on a Christian foundation because it is truly justice for all. It was the right thing at the time:We were (and I truly believe within the population, still are) a Christian nation, a nation that was kind and caring, that would help others in need without the expectation of recompense. A nation that was brought together under the idea of a truly free society. One that allowed themselves to be governed, not controlled as we are today. The ineffable foundation of Justice and Kindness we were once built on is questioned now...

So what say you ATS? Whether you are American or foreign, I would like to hear your opinions (just state which you are if you would please). But American's, I beg of you.

To maintain what once was, we must stay that country.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This country was founded on NO religious grounds. In fact, they came here to escape religious oppression. The Founding Fathers knew what was right and wrong. You dont have to have a religion for that. Though, if you want to pray, you can. If you don't want to, then dont. But dont get youre panties bunched up when you see someone doing something you dont like. Thats the way it goes. But when it comes todays society, its unjust. you steal $100 for food, and get caught. You have to pay over $1000 dollars. "An eye for an eye makes the world blind, if you take out the taking of the eye, the world can see."

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

If the nation was not founded on a Christian platform, then why did they say "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

The country was indeed founded on religious grounds and morals, but they had the foresight to say the government should not be allowed to make laws restricting someone's religious freedom.

All the modern interpretations of "church and state" go way beyond what was originally intended or practiced.

When they said the government would not make any laws restricting religious practice, that should have also meant people were free to practice religion....... in school, in office, in town squares, or wherever they agreed to do so.

We are going against the moral fiber and spirit of the laws if we start outlawing prayer and nativity scenes. If a football team wants to pray before a game, so be it, if someone doesn't want to participate, then fine, but government has no business in it either way.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed.

The country, whether that be the government or our current society, have strayed from the path that it set out on. That is the reason we are having so many issues (in my belief).
edit on 9-12-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: One word post, was preoccupied

top topics

join