It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX news caught using fake video of riots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just came across this and yes I know it's from Russia Today, that's why I included the ? in the title. Just thought I'd get the reaction from ATS. It seems Fox have been showing video of the Greek riots , claiming them to be from Moscow.

Is this a mistake or just another example of the contempt Fox News has for it's viewers. I mean you have to think your audience is pretty stupid to get away with tricks like this.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

All over ATS already........

nothing new, the debate is if this was an accident or done intentionally like some of the other cases of riots from the wrong country.

Of course fox news lovers are spamming the board with claims that RT faked the video, blah blah blah.

Ignoring the fact that there are approximately ZERO palm trees in Russia.

I mean you have to think your audience is pretty stupid to get away with tricks like this.

Think? Or know? You'll be able to decide that soon enough once that "crowd" shows up in your thread.
edit on 9-12-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Just came across this

FOX News Caught Manipulating The Anti-Putin Protests In Russia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Sorry I should have done a search, I hadn't seen it on the recent posts page, so just assumed. Maybe a kind moderater can close it down.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Looks to be truthful, at least in so far as the deception by Fox News (RT is full of deception also).

More analysis at this link:
www.theatlanticwire.com

The Moscow activists who protested the Russian elections in the streets of Moscow Tuesday did not do a good enough job of looking scary and violent, it seems, because Fox News cut its coverage of the protests with footage riot police and streets on fire -- in Athens. Animal New York's Marina Galperina spotted some suspicious palm trees looking awfully healthy for December in Russia. We looked through the video, too, and there is clear evidence Fox used scenes from Athens

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nothing new here. Fox constantly lies, redirects, and misinforms their viewers every single day. But all MSM are absolutely guilty of the same thing, RT included. It is funny how sloppy or lazy these MSM types are. Do they really think they can post footage from Greece and expect everyone to think its really footage from Russia? Sad thing is, many people saw that Fox report and now thinks they just saw violent footage from Russia.

Just goes to show ya that there really is a war for your mind, and thats why you can't believe anything you read or see on TV. You must research the matter further for yourself, which sounds like work!!

FU MSM outlets. May you ALL burn in Hell (not that I believe in Hell, but F em)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The comments made that FOX and MSNBC
are equal in their deception is laughable.
Fox is in a category all by themselves.
So thoughtfully deviant.

*My favorite is when a Republican politician is involved
in a moral scandal and FOX news "accidentally"
puts a "D" for democrat before their name.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I will trust RT over FOX news every single time.

Its really amazing that propaganda outlet still has viewers.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
the mistakes they are making are becoming more and more obvious ...
i wonder what's the reason behind that ?? who knows ? i dont .

top topics

join