It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drill Baby Drill? Why the Hell Not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I'm sure uou'll get many answers here about using everyones elses first and they will be right. The people at the top are undubly behind the greenies who you say is preventing exploration and develolpment.

Back in the early 1970's I remember reading in Time Magazine that the US has enough oil to leat itself 300 years.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Back in the early 1970's I remember reading in Time Magazine that the US has enough oil to leat itself 300 years.

That's probably about the trillions of hidden shale oil barrels below the Wyoming, Utah, Colorado landscapes. It's shale oil, or kerogen, it's not the same as crude. It also takes up way more energy in refining compared to crude, and there are issues with the drilling in those areas. Mind you though, I wouldn't mind if we were to tap into our shale oil reserves, but it would be an alternative fuel, and you'd be admitting that crude is really limited in the US for our consumption.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
people realize that foreign countries are the main proponent to drill american oil? sure exxon mobil is onboard, but so is companies like BP and others. they are using the "american oil for americans" mantra against our best wishes. we would be depleting our reserves for nothing. assuming they get the yields they suspect they'll just lessen production elsewhere or hold it offshore, they are NOT interested in dropping the price to the consumer.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If we drill here our president won't have any reason to murder the citizens of the Middle East. Then how would he fill his day?

/TOA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join