It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland Joins Ranks of Grassroots Anti-Monsanto Activism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Recently I started this thread about France telling Monsanto to get lost. Some members felt that the news coming out of France wasn't that significant but most members were in agreement that it was a major step in the right direction.

Well it looks like Poland is joining the rank of nations who are taking a stand against evil Monsanto. Please take the time to read the full article and follow all the links that are provided in the source article.

The anti-GMO, anti-Monsanto movement has been making major waves in recent months.

The inexorable growth of this revolution was recently highlighted by the popularity of Anthony Gucciardi's article detailing actions taken by Hungary to destroy 1000 acres of maize and issue a 10-year ban on GM foods.  That article has gone mega-viral with over 95,000 shares, and is one of the best indications to date that we the people can take on even the largest corporations if we just take action and make our voices heard.  Please take the time to read the full article and visit the provided links from the source provided.

Monsanto is indeed the worst company of 2011, and people the world over are joining the opposition.  Poland is contributing to the coordinated effort against GMO to protect their health freedom and preserve their local farming economy.  "The Festival of Nature and Culture"  begins today and runs through December 11th as a celebration of Poland's effort to stop GMO and save traditional seeds.  It is another angle on generating support for a Poland-wide demand to kill off continued government attempts to sneak through an Act that would permit GM seeds to be commercially grown there.

What is new about this initiative is that many artists are giving their names and talents to this festival.  Jazz musicians, painters, actors, designers, rock bands and more are among those pledging their support.  The festival comprises more than 80 events to take place all over Poland this coming weekend.

Activists in Poland are joining others around the world in a mission to keep their torch burning through a celebration of unmodified nature and culture.  The ICPPC is coordinating this event from its farmhouse base in South Malopolska and J&J will also be engaged in other awareness-raising events in the nation's capital of Krakow over the weekend.

Source

I wonder if Monsanto is getting worried yet.

The masses are beginning to wake up about this very important issue!
edit on 9-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: Format

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Haha good news,hopefully it'll be a chain reaction and monsanto can crawl back under the rock they came from

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gibbajabba

From my point of view the chain reaction has been happening for a while now, but the movement has definitely picked up some momentum recently.

Monsanto has their grips on us though so I hope we continue fighting because Monsanto is a formidable opponent who has a lot of tools at their disposal.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I didn't know much about them until recently when i watched Food.Inc,they might have the money and fancy lawyers behind them but at the end of the day that won't beat what we have behind us which is the people in numbers and like you say we're gathering momentum

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gibbajabba

As long as the people don't give up we will always have a chance.

I haven't seen Food Inc. but it sounds like I should watch it. I have been aware of Monsanto for a long while but have found a whole lot about them recently, thankfully everyone else is hearing about them too.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here is a newscast from RT discussing Monsanto, and an American ambassador threatening retaliation on France for banning GMO (since this threat the ban has been overturned which is what caused the people of France to take matters into their own hands).

It's obvious that Monsanto has American politicians bought and paid for (EU judges too).

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Looks like Australia will be the only Guinea pig when it comes to Monsanto... Sad really.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Canada too

We do what ever the U.S. tells us too

new topics

top topics

join