It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Gentry and Gentryism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The following is taken from Mike Gentry's site, www.fish4masons.org:

"Why Our Ministry is so Critically Important
Ignoring Biblical Truth

Many factions' within our post-modern society, including the Masonic Order, and even some religious leaders can be found supporting, religious pluralism, homosexual rights, legalized abortion, and other controversial social issues opposed by a biblical Christian worldview.

A couple of recent examples regarding homosexuality illustrate this point:

"Despite warnings of God's judgment, the Episcopal Church USA has voted to confirm the denomination's first openly homosexual bishop." (Agape-Press, August 6, 2003)

"We have all been taught that Freemasonry regards no man because of his worldly honors..., nor does Freemasonry regard men because of their race, color, religion, ethnic origins, or their sexual orientation � it is only essential that a man be good and true. To be a good Mason, it simply does not matter if a man is black or white, Hispanic or Asian, Christian, Jewish, Moslem, or Hindu, gay or straight." (Joel Springer, President, Masonic Philalethes Society, June 2002)

Unfortunately, many people in our society, who claim to be Christian, have succumbed to the unbiblical notions of our day, be it homosexuality or so many other socially contentious issues."

And it goes on like that . . . .

This kind of "Gentryism" purports to represent Christianity in some way?

-racism (indirectly)
-homophobia
-intolerance

It seems, according to Gentryist philosophy, that God loves ALL of his children . . . . IF:

1.) They are mostly male
3.) Christian (if you're Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, etc., you're out of luck.)
4.) Straight
The way in which the quote is answered by Gentry also smacks of RACISM.

This is NOT the Christianity I was taught in school, or the moral lessons I have come to know and practice, namely, that: it is only essential that a man be good and true. I am not a Christian, but I do know that THAT is what unites us, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, everyone. We are all brothers and sisters. THAT is the real way, the ONLY way, there can be peace in our time.

It is only essential that a man be good and true.

Mike Gentry preaches Gentryism - an abomination of the Christian faith, based on cherry-picked biblical verses and his inability to reconcile himself with the religious inclusiveness and religious tolerance of Freemasonry.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A little more from Gentry's site:

"In Masonry, "tolerance" is not merely putting up with another's point of view; rather, it is learning to accept and even welcome those views. In action, this view means that you should accept and welcome other men's faiths even if you know they conflict with the Bible."

Gentry would, at best, have all of us merely "put up" with each other. I don't think i need to get into how harmful and divisive such an attitude is.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Mike Gentry pics

and more

and more

Wow, 174,000+ wen site listings on Google alone. I must say, �I am amazed!�

Does the term �reaching� mean anything in your brand of Zen?

LTD602

"Despite warnings of God's judgment, the Episcopal Church USA has voted to confirm the denomination's first openly homosexual bishop." (Agape-Press, August 6, 2003)

"We have all been taught that Freemasonry regards no man because of his worldly honors..., nor does Freemasonry regard men because of their race, color, religion, ethnic origins, or their sexual orientation � it is only essential that a man be good and true. To be a good Mason, it simply does not matter if a man is black or white, Hispanic or Asian, Christian, Jewish, Moslem, or Hindu, gay or straight." (Joel Springer, President, Masonic Philalethes Society, June 2002)

Unfortunately, many people in our society, who claim to be Christian, have succumbed to the unbiblical notions of our day, be it homosexuality or so many other socially contentious issues."

So, is any of this untrue?

did the Episcopal church do as 'quoted?'
    Were some Anglicans and Episcopalians claiming the same?
    Is this masonic statement true?
    Is the last statement true?

A simple yes or no will do. Don't get masonic and twist in the wind here, for once.

esther and crying Leveller bemoan me for making ���surmiese���- your reach far surpasses any thus far but for theron and Masonic Light (now those two can reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllly reach!

LTD
This is NOT the Christianity I was taught in school,

Hey- /whistle, whistle\ you were a drop-out! You flunked! How would you even know?

Shoot- you probably thought Ol Neb was the same guy as Tig- (like MasonicLight) You guys, what a laugh.

O.K., so you have debunked Mike Gentry- riiiiiiiiiiiight?

Now theron, being the just and upright man that he is will report you (tattle) to the 'other' Mike Gentry's that have slandered them? He reports others by his own posts, isn't that right?

Cover up LTD, cover up!

Everyone KNOWS this �cat� (old man, really out of touch with the 1980's much less the current century, term used by Masonic Light)

How does this DENY IGNORANCE?

The pro-masons are the only ones with the Mike Gentry complex.

This looks to me like just one more 'p-r-o-o-f' of masonic slip-streaming. Trying to catch some traction on a gradually failing slope.

Hey, ya know- I have been wrong /shrug\

addendum:

LTD
Gentry would, at best, have all of us merely "put up" with each other. I don't think i need to get into how harmful and divisive such an attitude is.

Pu- leeeez spare us the sophistic jingo-magic will ya?

The beer and dry pizza was the way better part of the bargain.

Oh, be sure and take a decent sized jar of Blue Star with you to lodge- from your enlightened scope of things in other parts of the world it seems that maybe this is the best advice you can be given.

Don't say you weren't warned later, O.K.?

(use your handshake and maybe you'll get a discount?)

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Very simply, Mike Gentry claims that genuine Christians are:

1.) Intolerant of others, particularly other faiths
2.) Homophobic
3.) racist (to some degree.)

I simply don't believe that Gentry speaks for Christians, indeed, for any Christians, and I don't believe Christians are as he represents them.

No sophistry involved. Gentry states clearly that Christians should not accept people of other faiths or embrace them in friendship. At most, people who might not subscribe to Christian theology should be "put up with" as one would say, put up with a cold or some other annoyance.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is bothered by this. It doesn't bother me so much that Gentry castigates Masonry. He's one of many. What is truly distressing is that he misrepresents Christians and slanders the basic goodness of the faith.

Unless of course, he is absolutely correct ?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well , I must tell Mike he may have something to add.

i disagree with everything he says on Freemasonry, but I always accepted he was a Christian. Lets wait and see what he replies?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Fair enough. I think the man should have an opportunity to explain his statements.

I did open the door, after all.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly

LTD602

A simple yes or no will do. Don't get masonic and twist in the wind here, for once.

Yes. Some of it is true.

Yes, Mike, you are a hatemonger par excellance... Oh, and some of those listings for your name are OTHER men named Mike Gentry... poor fellows.

being the just and upright man that he is will report you (tattle) to the 'other' Mike Gentry's that have slandered them? He reports others by his own posts, isn't that right?

I don't report to anyone, by thanks for that ad homenim attack. Once more proving that you have no real argument.

Well, to be honest, nothing you have posted to date denies ignorance, but promulgates it, so I am surprised that you ask the question...

oh, Publicgadfly, since were talking about denying ignorance, is your real name Mike Gentry?

[edit on 8/9/04 by theron dunn]

[edit on 10/9/04 by theron dunn]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks theron it appears a tad bit of someone's statements had changed by the time I read this. I appreciate you memorializing it

Originally posted by theron dunn

LTD602

Yes. Some of it is true.

Yes, Mike, you are a hatemonger par excellance... Oh, and some of those listings for your name are OTHER men named Mike Gentry... poor fellows.

[quote[Originally posted by PublicGadfly
being the just and upright man that he is will report you (tattle) to the 'other' Mike Gentry's that have slandered them? He reports others by his own posts, isn't that right?

I don't report to anyone, by thanks for that ad homenim attack. Once more proving that you have no real argument.

Well, to be honest, nothing you have posted to date denies ignorance, but promulgates it, so I am surprised that you ask the question...

oh, Publicgadfly, since were talking about denying ignorance, is your real name Mike Gentry?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Now it will be interesting to see if there are any posts this coming week. As Mr. Gentry will be attending the Ministry to Masons conference at Jacksonvilee Arkansas on 17th and 18th. September.

This is where the EX Masons for Jesus tell all about the evils of Freemasonry.

i understand the Grand Master of Prince Hall Masonry in Arkansas is attending and will be debating the issue " Is Freemasonry Compatible with Christianity".

Good luck to the man. It is a very courageous stand to take against a group that is absolutely dedicated to the downfall of Freemasonry.

My respect for him, I am sorry that I do not have his name . As soon as I can discover it I will post it up.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
2004 Masonic Conference Debate
Friday, September 17, 7:30-9:00 P.M.
Evangelistic Ministries Church
Jacksonville, Arkansas

Topic: Is Freemasonry compatible with Biblical Christianity with regard to the doctrines of God and salvation?

Representing Freemasonry: Grand Master Howard Woods, Prince Hall Affiliation Free and Accepted Masons Jurisdiction of Arkansas and another Prince Hall Mason chosen by Grand Master Woods.

Representing the Ministry to Masons Conference: Steven Tsoukalas, Sound Doctrine Ministries and Michael Gentry, Former Prince Hall Mason, Order of Former Freemasons

Terms of Debate:

A balanced debate will be impartially moderated by T.N. (Skip) Sampson.

The debate will begin with a five minute opening statement from each side, followed by a 1 minute comment from the alternate side, and then a 15 second clarification.

The structure of the main body of the debate will be alternating questions.

Equal time will be allotted to each side until the clock indicates the end of debate.

The first participant to make an opening statement will be determined by coin toss.

The second participant to make an opening statement will be the first to receive a question.

The last question will be determined by the clock.

Questions will be asked of either side by a panel of up to four persons with an equal number of panel members appointed by each side.

Questions will not be submitted or revealed to the other side prior to the debate.

Questions will alternate between the two sides of the panel.

Up to ninety seconds will be allowed for the answer to a question, followed by up to 60 seconds for rebuttal, then a 15 second follow-up.

If a participant wants to defer a question to his associate, rather than answer it himself, he may do so before he begins to answer.

The debate will be recorded, using both video and audio. Three or four video cameras will be utilized. The images from the cameras will be routed to a video mixer, switched live and recorded. The video will not require post-production editing - with the exception of adding a title, date, etc to the beginning. The body of the video (and audio) will absolutely not be altered.

Finished audio and a limited number of video tapes will be available on-site. A copy of the audio and video tapes will be provided to the debaters. Distribution rights to the audio and video tapes from the debate will remain with Ephesians 5:11, Inc. Audio from the debate will be made available through our website in RealAudio format. The debaters may be granted duplication rights provided they agree not to edit the tapes.

Audio and video tapes will be made available to the public for a nominal fee.

The terms of the debate, with agreed time limits, will be explained by the moderator before the debate begins.
The debate will be open to the public without cost, on a space available basis. The church seats over 600 people.

Larry Kunk
Ephesians 5:11, Inc.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm very interested about the outcome of this. Some of Mike Gentry's commetns about what Christianity IS in realtion to other faiths, are quite disturbing.

What i find intereting is that Gentry will be co-representing the Christian voice. Which leds me to ask: is Gentry's idea of Christianity sound to begin with ?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Bill, based on the history to the e511 crowd, and their patent use of censorship and editing ALLREADY to push their agenda and to silence folks with other opinions, why would ANYONE trust them this time? More, why would anyone lend their name and credibility to those men, so that they can sell the tapes to raise money to further their hate oriented agenda???

Ignoring their offer may give them the opportunity to say we are afraid, but accepting the terms of their deal is like making a pact with the devil... better to speak freely where you cannot be censored or cut short or edited than to assist them in any way shape or form in pushing their hate filled agenda.

Just my 2�...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I can only say how much I admire the man Grand Master Howard Woods.

he is a Prince Hall mason, which bacause Mike Gentry is a ex Prince Hall Mason , makes it all the more interesting. While I disagree with Mikes argument, I do believe we must not shrink from open debate on the issue, I can assure you if I had the time and the money I would love a crack at this E5 conference , on that basis alone.

I'm an ocean away, so just getting there is a big problem.

I would urge everyone who can, to lend support to the Grand Master Woods, it would be great if that came from all accross Freemasonry. I have sent an e mail of support, but thats as much as I can do .

new topics

top topics

join