It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurozone leaders reach new deal without backing of Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Those sneaky Germans.

How can a country who twice lost the battle for European economic control take the reigns on a new 'Euro-superstate'. You have to admire how they done it. Using the Euro to shore up there 'defences' while letting the PIGS accumulate mass debt, which they knew would bring the 'Zone' to this crisis.

Welcome to the forth reich. (sponsored by the French)

ALS

ETA: I must say well done David Cameron!
edit on 9-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Spitting this on France after all we had been suffering during World War II , it's just total ignorance and provocation...
Try learn a bit more humility and respect , thank you...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bennogob

Get over yourself, everyone suffered during world war two (including the germans).

All I am saying is that France want Germany to take control of Europe because the french do not have the funds or might to do it themselves.

ALS
edit on 9-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by flexy123

I genuinely hope Europe sorts the situation and this doesn't lead to any recriminations aimed at the UK.

We won't win the Eurovision song contest for a few years more. So with Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Russia and now this it's looking like we'll have to wait til probably around 3011 A.D til we can win it again...

Nil poits.
edit on 9-12-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I dont understand how all of these countries are so enthusiastic to throw in their lot with the Euro.

Havent they learned that one inflexible currency can't possibly maintain the interests of such a diverse and massive group of people?

No good will come of this.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Bennogob

All I am saying is that France want Germany to take control of Europe because the french do not have the funds or might to do it themselves.

Germany has always been the economic powerhouse in Europe since unification (the 1870 one, not the 1991 one!) - the EU itself sprang from the coal & iron agreement between germany & france from the 1950's about sharing those resources along the border that had long been sources of tension, and there is a school of thought that WW1 & WW2 wre as much about whether Germany would rule Europe, or would be a good neighbour.

Most of the non-euro states that have signed up for this treaty were already lined up to adopt the Euro - so the UK is not any more "isolated" than it was before.

Comments about starting wars, buying them up for pennies etc are just ignorant - if hte Euro did collapse so would the US economy, and probably China, Russia & Brazil too - I do not doubt that some, many even, canny individuals & corporations would be able to profit from such a situation, but it won't be any "ordinary people" - we'll jsut suffer unemployment, inflation, etc., worse than usual.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
lololololo...how many brits are here?¿? anyway...the UK is the all-knowing entity in the EU and thats why they didnt joind....or they are just stupid/the controlled disinfo-chaos maker...

all this euro talk is just because americas economy sucks, the eurozone if fine if you look in the details...read the

mod edit - circumvention of profanbity censor removed

bilderberg report if you want to understand this....most people talk about this topic like they have studied economics but the truth is they know as much as a random guys knows about quantum physics...

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Comments about starting wars, buying them up for pennies etc are just ignorant - if hte Euro did collapse so would the US economy, and probably China, Russia & Brazil too - I do not doubt that some, many even, canny individuals & corporations would be able to profit from such a situation

FINALY someone with a bit of common sense thats not manipulated by this euro-world-economy BS....

& to support your point: most of the people in power would suffer hard - so they would do everything to prevent this...this is not like stating a war or letting a small country collapse....

has anyone ever thought about the african union dollar as a counter currency if we have a "inflation" or the rubel or yen...its not all dollar/euro...they will find a way...its in their interest

its like the TPTB would do a harakiri if they would let the money in the world go worthless...

this topic works so well to get us distracted
edit on 9-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

edit on 10/12/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Never trust a Brit when money is involved, how many times do i have to write it, i wonder

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by themaster1

Doesn't matter how often you write it - it is a meaningless generalisation and always will be.

2nd

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Once again, Britain stands alone and against a German dominated Europe.

And good luck getting a Financial Transaction Tax imposed on Britain - the Bill of Rights 1689 only authorise Parliament to collect and implement taxes in the United Kingdom. Suspect the new anthem of the European Union shall be Deutschland, Deutschland über alles

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

the Bill of Rights 1689 only authorise Parliament to collect and implement taxes in the United Kingdom

Well said but the EU have been taxing Brits for atleast ten years, they just used the pseudonym 'contributions'.

ALS

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

lololololo...how many brits are here?¿? anyway...the UK is the all-knowing entity in the EU and thats why they didnt joind

The reason cameron veto'ed the treaty is because he (or the bankers behind him) didn't want the city of London (one of the most powerful financial districts in the world) to come under stricted austerity regulations.

....or they are just stupid/the controlled disinfo-chaos maker...

I don't even understand this statement.

ALS

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Who cares..

..the Eurozone won't make it past Xmas.

And as for the 17 nations signing up for a new treaty...did they ask their respective constituents ??..erm no !

Britain might be the first to say no...it won't be the last when everyone else realizes that France and Germany will organize the finances to suit themselves above all others.

The Eurozone is toast and good riddance it was doomed from the start.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I remember a speech by Gordon Brown where he said that Britains destiny is to play a major role in the New World Order....Quote by multichild

Amen... the Anglo-American financial Empire will grow stronger..London-NYC-DC.

When the Anglo-American Empire tells the EU that the Euro is immediately on Par with the USD...
then the UK will sigh in relief...

also it will start costing fees to 'Swap' currencies between the EU € and the $ half of the Pound=Dollar ratio

the EU, under their own duress will lower their own status among the world community
and enter into a Pact of Austerity instead of a community of States driven to thrive & flourish as it once was

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join