It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Long Hair increase Psychic Awareness like an antennnae?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've heard this theory before but have difficulty judging it, since I've never had short hair. I know it sounds crazy, but one of my most psychic experiences happened when I didn't shave my legs for 10 days! I've got some real hairy legs, let me tell you....(laughter). I'm French. Maybe there's a purpose.....I think leg hair counts. Is the man with the hairy back more psychic than Mr. Hairless? Indians don't have much body hair or facial hair generally.

If I had known that you could turn down the volume of psychic impressions by cutting your hair, I might have shaved my head a while back. "Gifts" are frequently stressful to those who have them. More than a few psychics have desperately tried to drown their gifts in alcohol to no avail. Bald men are frequently pretty psychic, especially the ones with a pointy head. But their hair migrates to their backs and ears....it doesn't disappear, does it?

I'd love to hear from ATS members who have noticed anything about this phenomena. Please share your insights, opinions and personal experiences.

Hair Is An Extension Of The Nervous System
Why Indians Keep Their Hair Long

By C. Young
12-9-11

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War .

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Viet Nam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view. In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Viet Nam.

Sally said, "I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor\'s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example. As I read the documents, I learned why.

It seems that during the Viet Nam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival. With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious causalities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found. When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer \'sense\' the enemy, they could no longer access a \'sixth sense\' , their \'intuition\' no longer was reliable, they couldn't \'read\' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests. Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a typical test: The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed \'enemy\' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible. In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his \'sixth sense\' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and \'kills\' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistantly failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed. So, the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long."

Comment The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well being of the body as a whole. The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly-evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brainstem, the limbic system, and the neocortex. Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut. When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in 'numbing-out'.

Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration. Conclusion In searching for solutions for the distress in our world, it may be time for us to consider that many of our most basic assumptions about reality are in error. It may be that a major part of the solution is looking at us in the face each morning when we see ourselves in the mirror.

The story of Sampson and Delilah in the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson\'s hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated.

www.rense.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Personally? I'd say no...and I'd be in a position to judge.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
WOW. Simply wow!

I used to be a guitarist in a heavy metal band 15 or so years ago and my fringe came down to my navel. I used to be able to astral travel at will. I even started a thread a few years ago asking if anyone else can no longer astral travel.

You have officially spun me out. I'm growing my hair long again. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is someone's opinion from another website:

Psychic Marin ext. 5113 responds:

I have unusually long hair, and it has become a subject of many discussions with my psychic friends. At workshops, or retreats that I attend, my long hair attracts a lot of conversations regarding superstitious beliefs, so I’ve gathered a lot of folklore over the years concerning hair. You pose a very interesting question, and I have an answer for you, rooted in deep Southern folklore. You’re a very “sensitive” and empathic person to notice such a change in your surroundings after a haircut. Perhaps it was the near death experience that brought upon your keen perception, but what you’re experiencing and feeling after a haircut has been recognized by many cultures, and is a source for superstitions, such that “rules” have been created regarding hair and hair cuts. Here are a few of the more well known legends I have heard.

- If you want your hair to grow luxuriantly, never cut it while the moon is waning.
- If you want your hair to grow, cut it during the full moon.
- Cut your hair on particular days for the results you want:

Monday to attain health.
Tuesday to gain wealth.
Wednesday to hear the news.
Thursday to get a new pair of shoes.
Friday and there will be sorrow.
Saturday and you will see your true love tomorrow.
Sunday and the devil will be with you all week.

- Women with red hair have short tempers.
- If you drop your brush while you are combing your hair, you will experience disappointment in the near future. - If you pull out a gray hair, three more will grow in its place.
- In Ireland, if a traveler meets a woman with red hair, he will have to turn around and start his journey all over again.
- Hair that has been cut off must be burned. It’s unlucky to throw it away.
- Don’t cut your hair outside, because it might be picked up by birds and woven into their nest. They might weave it so tightly that you

“The hair is the richest ornament of women.” – Martin Luther King

blog.californiapsychics.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No.

Sorry, 2nd line. Don't be retarded.

Mod Note: 1-liners. Please read.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Personally? I'd say no...and I'd be in a position to judge.

Maybe having long hair doesn't make you psychic, but could it amplify what you have a bit? I have a hard time telling. My psychic abilities fluctuate. I don't work on them at all, although that sounds like a good activity to experiment with.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread or more recently this thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

join