It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US Minimum Wage really $7.25?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
Minimum wage in the USA is figured by each state, it's not the same across the USA. www.dol.gov...

The USA is really a terrible place to live and work. The government is way to involved in what we do, to a point where it's difficult to open/manage a business to healthcare and working/living. The way we discard our fellow human beings who are struggling and/or homeless is disgusting, let alone, the irreparable damage we have done to the USA economy should be enough to cause us to overthrow the USA government! We need a complete overhaul of our society from A to Z. It just makes me sick to live here!

So, yes, I agree with the OP that minimum wage is unbelievably low in the USA and our society here in the USA is a total mess!

Heck, welcome to "PROGRESS", and the NANNY state that leftwingers have made of the U.S...

BTW, before people start whining, many in power in the right have also contributed, after corruption took a hold thanks to "PROGRESS", because they allowed the made up economy/U.S. dollar set up by PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATS to buy their soul and have forgotten what the Republic is supposed to be, and who they are supposed to serve...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It really depends on where you live. If I worked minimum wage, it would be tough, but I could get by on my mortgage and utilities. Rice and beans and water is a whole lot better then foraging in the dumpster (which I've done before out of necessity)

And I'm referring to Washington States min wage (soon to be $9.04 but is currently for the next few days $8.67). Now if I was 4 hours away in what feels like a different country (Seattle) then I would need much more.

You see, I was approved for a house at a much higher mortgage, but decided to get a smaller house with a little bit of land and now if I loose my job, the amount of unemployment would just cover mortgage.

If the wife also lost her job, we would, out of necessity, go on assistance. She has a min. wage job but only works about 30 hours a month give or take.

If the mortgage was paid off, we could easily get by on her wages alone.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is all such a cop out. Notice how we're talking about minimum wage? Did you ever hear about the muckrakers? You can thank America.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Your post on first blush seemed reasonable and certainly a topic worthy of discussion. Then your true agenda floated out. Attack the GOP. Posting a response to a blog question and acting like it happened. The GOP does not applaud the death of others through starvation or any other method. Damn troll had me for a few pages of comments. Then the smell of a liberal eminated from my screen when minimum wage debate changed colors by attacking the GOP's position on health insurance. Isvexposure hard on your eyes?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

???? I don't know what you mean. I wasn't attacking the GOP---I was defending it.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
dude. With min wage increase comes the increase of all base costs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Think yourself lucky. Here in the UK the CON/DEM coalition gov has introduced their back to work scheme and apprenticeships for all ages and you only get paid £2.50 a hour. They offered me an apprenticeship for 2 years and I told them to go and shove a cactus up their asses. Sorry I don't do slave labor. It's the minimum wage or they can sod off.

www.theregister.co.uk...

I worked 3 months for nothing with a promise of a job at the end of it and the company simply went back to the DHSS and took someone else on for free. Never again.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
dude. With min wage increase comes the increase of all base costs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

lol

doesnt have to be that way....

think outside the box

we choose our reality...

how about no money? just bartering and trading

only currency worth anything is your skills/abilities

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

???? I don't know what you mean. I wasn't attacking the GOP---I was defending it.

And you did a good job by running away when everyone confronted you with videos.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
For the UK it is:
£6.08 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
£4.98 - the 18-20 rate
£3.68 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
£2.60 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship

Australia beats us again. £10 an hour minimum wage!

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join