It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US Minimum Wage really $7.25?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The minimum wage in the state I live in is currently $8.67 and will be raised to $9.04 on Jan 1st, 2011. It's actually not bad, though, because the cost of living is significantly lower than higher population states.

While the basic federal minimum wage is set by legislation, the states have discretion on whether or not to raise it to pay their workers a decent wage that is closer to a living wage.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Neoconservatism - Free dictionary (can you afford it)

ne·o·con·ser·va·tism also ne·o-con·ser·va·tism (n-kn-sûrv-tzm)
n.
An intellectual and political movement in favor of political, economic, and social conservatism that arose in opposition to the perceived liberalism of the 1960s: "The neo-conservatism of the 1980s is a replay of the New Conservatism of the 1950s, which was itself a replay of the New Era philosophy of the 1920s" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

and

neoconservatism
a new movement in conservatism, usually seen as a move further to the right of the position currently occupied by conservatives in politics or in attitudes. — neoconservative, n., adj.
See also: Attitudes, Politics

the same link...

do i need to continue with the course in definitions.... Good sir I hope not...

Why did your little feelings get hurt... did I speak the truth...she isnt a pretty lady but she is a great friend

The argument was over the minimum wage... I included the point on the unions because they are tied in....

when you have rank amateurs trying to manipulate a system they know nothing about...

with artificial manipulations at that... well GIGO....

(on a side note bamstomper actually brought a good point that the old barons may have pushed for min wage to enslave stupid humans... made me think... what was gained)

Being that your next response was a pathetic attempt to re-establish control

"I just created it..."

You have lowered yourself and in the process attempted to lower ATS.... wither you meant to or not you opened up a discussion....

At ATS we dont run when you get information that doesn't fit your world view... You are here to deny ignorance... Now unless you are say you are here with an agenda ...

This whole thread was just to annoy you guys. To make fun of people that dress up as patriots. That vote Republican. You are traitors. Democrats are traitors. And you guys are living in the past. Be afraid.

Looks that way to me....

Now lets go to the rest of my view

I am not republican or democrat...... I am kent walls and I vote my conscious.... ty.... Unfortunately sir to many of your era like to think patriotism is a bad thing...

This next part will be hard for your ignorance to wrap your mind around....

I support both the tea party and ows... the problem is neither one has stood for what they believe.in...

The OWS is falling into one sides pockets as we speak...

and if you cared to read some of my other post I gave up on the tea party when boehner was elected by the republicans before the Tea Party ever showed up to DC.... all of a sudden they voted straight republican... I laughed and cried because the dream was the set of tools tptb used to rig an election

I then remember how I knew that was the point the tea party failed... when the speaker-ship was determined ahead of a vote... epic fail on the tea party...

I refer to this, I did remember

Damn the country Obama must Fall

pretty much ATS goes to DC and gets a life lesson

Then OWS...

Like every group it has its issue...

It is falling apart because the cops are busting them up... They are allowing a head game to be played on them... TPTB are winning on that front... 'good people' wont associate... You may not realize this but the human race is a bunch of conformist... if they can convince enough people who are trend setter well game over on that social front...

What makes me mad is that neither the tea party or OWS realize its the same boat...

Both are really truly frustrated... both can smell the stench from Washington off of all the candidates... both know there pocket books, housing, food bills, gas, ect is being driven up artificially will they are being robbed blind..

tbc

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

just a recap...

Tea Party and OWS = congruent...

both feel played and used...

only difference is manipulated expression of feeling

The minimum wage is not the issue.... the union are just as much crooks...

What I want is similar to what TP and OWS want...

I want to have my money to be able to buy all I need ... and if I want more then I want to be able to have a visible way to get it without hurting others....

There has got to be a way to increase buying power.... without undercutting... my good we have the brightest minds on the planet assembled in our country... yet we have hungry people on our streets...

pure Damn GIGO if you ask me

I promise you because you need help, I will tomorrow start a new thread explaining what I have in mind....

Most liberal minded people are smart when it comes to math......

do the numbers as I pointed out earlier... it cascades down in cost... you cant fight unless you build star trek replicators.... raw materials to retail entangle a whole of taxes...

As I end this and go to bed I get real mad remembering something from today... I sat outside a pawn shop today... I watched people who work hard for a living coming in to pawn item... some drove nice vehicles others well... one showed up on a bike with a backpack...

To me it is total BS... Total.... epic system fail....

What I am saying is that between your thread and what I saw I know their has to be a better way....

A minimum wage is a lie, complete false hood that keeps you in chain brothers and sisters....

It is buying power and upon that rock I think we can build a stronger america...

PS I would never qualify as a neo-con..

I am Pagan.....

On this issue I am smart enough to realize where the wizard is behind the curtain....

I also strongly dis-agree with the conservative view on net security... I wish ANON would expose the manipulation by both parties with direct email, text, recording, security footage of all of.... They have lied to us all...

Again on the issue of minimum wage

the numbers mathematically are against it... the magic word of this post is compound cost

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Neoconservatism - Free dictionary (can you afford it)

ne·o·con·ser·va·tism also ne·o-con·ser·va·tism (n-kn-sûrv-tzm)
n.
An intellectual and political movement in favor of political, economic, and social conservatism that arose in opposition to the perceived liberalism of the 1960s: "The neo-conservatism of the 1980s is a replay of the New Conservatism of the 1950s, which was itself a replay of the New Era philosophy of the 1920s" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

and

neoconservatism
a new movement in conservatism, usually seen as a move further to the right of the position currently occupied by conservatives in politics or in attitudes. — neoconservative, n., adj.
See also: Attitudes, Politics

the same link...

do i need to continue with the course in definitions.... Good sir I hope not...

Why did your little feelings get hurt... did I speak the truth...she isnt a pretty lady but she is a great friend

The argument was over the minimum wage... I included the point on the unions because they are tied in....

when you have rank amateurs trying to manipulate a system they know nothing about...

with artificial manipulations at that... well GIGO....

(on a side note bamstomper actually brought a good point that the old barons may have pushed for min wage to enslave stupid humans... made me think... what was gained)

Being that your next response was a pathetic attempt to re-establish control

"I just created it..."

You have lowered yourself and in the process attempted to lower ATS.... wither you meant to or not you opened up a discussion....

At ATS we dont run when you get information that doesn't fit your world view... You are here to deny ignorance... Now unless you are say you are here with an agenda ...

This whole thread was just to annoy you guys. To make fun of people that dress up as patriots. That vote Republican. You are traitors. Democrats are traitors. And you guys are living in the past. Be afraid.

Looks that way to me....

Now lets go to the rest of my view

I am not republican or democrat...... I am kent walls and I vote my conscious.... ty.... Unfortunately sir to many of your era like to think patriotism is a bad thing...

This next part will be hard for your ignorance to wrap your mind around....

I support both the tea party and ows... the problem is neither one has stood for what they believe.in...

The OWS is falling into one sides pockets as we speak...

and if you cared to read some of my other post I gave up on the tea party when boehner was elected by the republicans before the Tea Party ever showed up to DC.... all of a sudden they voted straight republican... I laughed and cried because the dream was the set of tools tptb used to rig an election

I then remember how I knew that was the point the tea party failed... when the speaker-ship was determined ahead of a vote... epic fail on the tea party...

I refer to this, I did remember

Damn the country Obama must Fall

pretty much ATS goes to DC and gets a life lesson

Then OWS...

Like every group it has its issue...

It is falling apart because the cops are busting them up... They are allowing a head game to be played on them... TPTB are winning on that front... 'good people' wont associate... You may not realize this but the human race is a bunch of conformist... if they can convince enough people who are trend setter well game over on that social front...

What makes me mad is that neither the tea party or OWS realize its the same boat...

Both are really truly frustrated... both can smell the stench from Washington off of all the candidates... both know there pocket books, housing, food bills, gas, ect is being driven up artificially will they are being robbed blind..

tbc

Blah blah you weirdo. Do you really think anyone is reading this dead thread?

You really have so much time? Are you really that small?

Did your little feelings get hurt?

Thanks for the effort

#And like I said,this thread isnt really about minimum wage.

It is about exposing you psychopathic conservatives that cling to a corrupt and broken regime.

Of course I have an agenda,it is to encourage people to turn away from the regime. It is to encourage people to turn against those that support the regime.

You think you vote on "concious"? Do you mean conscience? If you support the evil regime you dont have a conscience.

You are a traitor to the human race.
edit on 13-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Text am not republican or democrat...... I am kent walls and I vote my conscious.... ty....

I hope you vote while conscious.

Your Kent Walls thread was a roaring success hey

A kent walls pagan hey? Cool

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Text Most liberal minded people are smart when it comes to math......

Your "math" is based on a broken failed capitalist system.

Are you not smart enough to see that?

Quit living in the past.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Text PS I would never qualify as a neo-con..

You qualify as a traitor to the human race since you argue against the worker and for the capitalist.

You qualify as a traitor if you support an evil corrupt regime.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

You qualify as a traitor to the human race since you argue against the worker and for the capitalist.

I sincerely wish you would travel to a former communist country in order to ask the people who lived through that if it did them any good.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

I sincerely wish you would travel to a former communist country in order to ask the people who lived through that if it did them any good.

You have slave morality

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

And do you mean Russia? What other communist countries have you traveled to to ask the people about standing up to corruption?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that the only rebellions throughout history have resulted in communism?

Since you are American I will assume history is not your strong point. Are you forgetting your founing fathers? Did that result in communism? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Text I sincerely wish you would travel to a former communist country in order to ask the people who lived through that if it did them any good.

That is called McCarthyism.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Text I sincerely wish you would travel to a former communist country in order to ask the people who lived through that if it did them any good.

Uh, what? Look, I am from the US, Chicago to be exact. I have some polish blood in me, but I do not speak it. If I go outside right now where I live in Wroclaw(Formerly Breslau) and look around, I can see the scars left by a failed system. If I ask anyone over the age of 30 about the days of communist Poland, they will gladly tell me about how things were then, and how they are better now. And they have and will tell me that Poland is only now, 20 years later, recovering from the failure that was the communist system.

Pardon me, but where the heck do you get the idea that this simple truth, these simple facts of life have anything to do with a senator from Wisconsin? Marxism looked great on paper, but if you want to see how it worked in practice, come east.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Uh, what? Look, I am from the US, Chicago to be exact. I have some polish blood in me, but I do not speak it. If I go outside right now where I live in Wroclaw(Formerly Breslau) and look around, I can see the scars left by a failed system. If I ask anyone over the age of 30 about the days of communist Poland, they will gladly tell me about how things were then, and how they are better now. And they have and will tell me that Poland is only now, 20 years later, recovering from the failure that was the communist system.

Pardon me, but where the heck do you get the idea that this simple truth, these simple facts of life have anything to do with a senator from Wisconsin? Marxism looked great on paper, but if you want to see how it worked in practice, come east.

Why do you link rebellion against corruption to communism?

To do that is McCarthyist. And hysterical.

Or is it just egocentricity? Does rebellion instantly become something you are an expert in because you have Polish blood? Get over yourself. Rebellion does not equate to communism. If that is what you believe you have been brainwashed and are ignoring history.
Your Founding Fathers were rebels. Were they commies?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Best thing you can do is ignore this person.
They are nothing more than a troll who just starts things to gain an argument.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maximum Wage...
Has anyone mentioned this yet?
30 pages is alot to look through.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yes, it's $7.25, and then in some states it's more than that, such as California. I suppose the argument would be "cost of living", but I'm sure that is way to subjective to be served by some objective calculation.

At any rate, keep in mind that "tipped" employees receive much less than $7.25/hr, with the assumption being that the difference will be made up and possibly overshot by tips (such as service jobs, waiters, maids, taxi drivers??, etc...).

Of course, that is dependent on business...how many customers are coming in. A lot of people don't realize that. Tips ARE calculated into your wage...they aren't some "extra" special thing. There are many people making roughly $4.25/hr who may or may not make up the other $3/hr during a 4 or 8 hour shift.

As a personal plea, I would urge people to keep that in mind the next time they eat out. And, having grown up in the restaurant business, I would also urge all those reading this to consider steering your cash away from big chains and into the smaller mom and pop places. They may not be present in your consciousness because they can't afford the national advertising of corporate giants, but trust me, they're there.

Not to derail, but the bean counting corporations that follow are a large part of the problem...stop giving them your money for processed crap that are more scientific equations mixed with economic calculations than actual, well thought-out recipes developed by people with skill:

Yum! -- KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut
Darden - Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Capital Grille, Smokey Bones

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Best thing you can do is ignore this person.
They are nothing more than a troll who just starts things to gain an argument.

You know,Im touched that I have annoyed you so much that you have gone to the trouble of checking my profile and trolling my threads. Thankyou for going to all that trouble hey.

Did you like my picture?

You are a 50 cent army troll.

If you have anything to add,feel free.

If you just want to troll,bring it on.

What does "starts things to gain an argument" even mean?

Do you mean that I raise issues that need to be raised? Yes you are right. I do do that.

I have seen your neocon ramblings. They are blatant propaganda.

I know you wont defend that charge because you said you were too afraid to respond to me because you cannot match it with me since you are no more than a parrot. You are used to arguing with limp wristed liberals. You dont know how to handle me. You dont have the script. You dont know what to parrot. You cannot think for yourself.

I really dont mind your trolling. Since you are too scared to debate with me about anything. Troll away. I would miss you now that you have gone to all the effort to ATS-stalk me. Im flattered really.

Thanks again for going to all that trouble.
I hope I here from you again soon hey.
edit on 13-12-2011 by theovermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Text Not to derail, but the bean counting corporations that follow are a large part of the problem...stop giving them your money for processed crap that are more scientific equations mixed with economic calculations than actual, well thought-out recipes developed by people with skill:
reply to post by Sphota

I agree. Corporations are a large part of the problem.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join