It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could trigger WW3?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
As an old tale say,women, money and land always made the wars.
But we are living in a modern era,so modern,that we cannot see the real reason for the next war.

Maybe, we are looking for reasons,if you really want a war, just find an invisible enemy,and there you are,you have a war.
The only problem it's ,that now days,the wars are not conventional,they are very sophisticated,so electronically based.
We can hurt our self very easy and beat us with our own made weapons.

A captured drone in Iran ,could be the pointing fact for a war,or not!
A financial crises could be the reason,for world powers to go Blind,or Blinded!
An invisible enemy could trigger a war,we must find a way to create one!

And the list can continue.

That's why I am asking you:

What do you think,that could trigger a war?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Terrorist group using a nuclear weapon on a civilian target.

Sinking of a ship (naval or civilian) by some country's navy. This one has been used a lot in the past.

Assassination of a major political leader by either a terrorist group or another country.

Accidental launch of a nuclear-tipped ICBM.

All could be accomplished as a false flag operation.

In the end it always is caused by hunger for power and money.
edit on 9-12-2011 by butcherguy because: to add

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Perhaps relentless posts or threads made between two patriotic ATS members ????

Common interests is what starts a 'world war'.

Um, id say military would have something to do with it my friend ?!?

BTW, if that old tale didnt mention religion....i wouldnt believe a word.
edit on 9/12/2011 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

You mean like wolfs fighting for a bone?And after that eating each other?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Possible the U.S. pestering Iran until Iran can't take anymore and fires the first shot. Which ever members of organizations pestering Iran atm should be tried for war crimes arrested and imprisoned at the very least.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalControl
Possible the U.S. pestering Iran until Iran can't take anymore and fires the first shot. Which ever members of organizations pestering Iran atm should be tried for war crimes arrested and imprisoned at the very least.
In history, no one really knows where the first shot came from,it's debatable.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmithIn history, no one really knows where the first shot came from,it's debatable.

unfortunately for that quote we have the internet and the freedom of information. And plus it's already represented in the Media that the US has already chosen to engage with Iran.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik

Originally posted by diamondsmithIn history, no one really knows where the first shot came from,it's debatable.

unfortunately for that quote we have the internet and the freedom of information. And plus it's already represented in the Media that the US has already chosen to engage with Iran.
In the past when there was no internet,the history was weathered many times,what we know today,it's the truth that they want us to know.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
U.S expansionism is the most likely trigger for a third world war. A time will come when the other major powers in the world will have no choice but to try and stop them

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
U.S expansionism is the most likely trigger for a third world war. A time will come when the other major powers in the world will have no choice but to try and stop them
What can I say,my only hope is ,there will be no war!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

women- hillary, money-oil, land- israel

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U

women- hillary, money-oil, land- israel
Sorry the wrong order,land,money,women.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
What do you think,that could trigger a war?

[COLOR=CYAN]

Detonation of a dirty bomb or more sophisticated nuclear device in a major US city or UK city and maybe Russia and China city (don't know why feels like maybe with Russia and China)
Then the device being traced back to country or nation. The device the country or nation is tracked to will begin to be attacked possibly with nukes as well (starting with the small nukes first). SO IF A COUNTRY WANTED TO DESTABILIZE THE WORLD THEY WORLD DO THIS on purpose causing mass chaos to superpowers even if it causes them to be destroyed SOMEWHAT? IF A COUNTRY WANTED TO DESTABILIZE A MINERAL RICH REGION THEY WOULD DO THIS TO THEM SELVES AND BLAME THE MINERAL RICH COUNTRY OR NATION? IF A SIDELINE PLAYING COUNTRY WANTED TO DESTABILIZE ANOTHER SUPERPOWER THEY WOULD DO IT AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEIR LOWER PROXY COUNTRY DID IT CAUSING CHAOS AND STRAIN ON SUPERPOWER OF INTEREST DUE TO IT ACTIVATING WAR MACHINE ON FULL BATTLE MODE...BUT THEN THAT WOULD BE A MAJOR CONSPIRACY???

NAMASTE*******
[/COLOR]
edit on 12/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

From me my friend......There will be no war!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

From me my friend......There will be no war!

1 hopes not my friend, there are much better ways to communicate and fix global issues. Thanks

edit on 12/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I know this is very pedantic of me, but to answer this question in a thoughtful way, it all boils down to definitions.

If you are defining a world war as any conflict involving three or more countries, than just wait and it will happen any day now.

However, as you were asking about what could spark WWIII, then I assume you are referring more to a global conflict involving all major players, operating in at least two theaters and large numbers of infantry mobilized.

If that is your definition, then I am not entirely sure it is possible in the near term. The reliance of the 10 most financed military forces in the world (note I did not say largest military forces) on technological and tactical capabilities is so engrained in the system. Iraq and Afghanistan are excellent examples on showing the weakness of this strategy, but neither involve a large mobilized force in the classical model.

There is another definition. What if a global breakdown in law and order leads to a global insurrection by people all over the globe in fighting the traditional power structure that is desperatly clinging to its dwindling resources? Think Afghanistan on a global scale. No centralized force, but rather mass guerrilla warfare all over the globe.

This could be a possibility if we experience severe shortages of food, water, fuel, etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

So,a natural catastrophe with shortages of food, water and fuel could trigger WW3?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by LordOfArcadia

So,a natural catastrophe with shortages of food, water and fuel could trigger WW3?

I believe so, but it would need to be on a global scale. Think, Krakatoa (with our modern agricultural system, the resulting effect in global climate would have a far large impact on food supply than it did in 1884, the year following the eruption).

I wish I could find a link, but I had a professor at the University of Kentucky that told us about a study the University had done in the early 1990s. Basically, they examined a situation where if no deliveries could be brought into Fayette County, how much food was present at any given time to feed the population. The average timeframe before all food supplies would be exhausted was 72 hours. This was a direct result of our transformation of our distribution network to the "On Time" model.

The moral of the story, is that we have created a world that it unfathomably complex. Any severe disruptions could have cascading effects that bring down the entire system. I don't know if you have read the Hunger Games, but the future it outlines could become a very real possibility. Where the elite retreat to a fortified position and furiously protect the limited resources at the expense of the masses.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Israel vs Anti-Israel will trigger the last great world war.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Israel vs Anti-Israel will trigger the last great world war.
There are two Israel's?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join